Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 134342 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »
Un-asterisked!

But, Uther = Michael?  Other than being the Carpenter kids' father, I don't really see the connection- after all, he wielded Amoracchius in his own right.

But, better not to start discussing here, or this thread will grow into a mutant hydra.  :D

Do you have your entire King Arthur theory up somewhere so I can go have a look?  I keep getting bits and pieces everywhere, and it's making me curious.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 06:29:44 AM »
I did years ago, but then Jim torpedoed most of it with a comment about lea; I will have to re write it.

maybe next week..It ussualy takes me a few hours to write one down cause I like having all my backup quotes ready and in line.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
We know that somebody will pick them up before the BAT, and that Amoracchius, at least, will survive until the beginning of the BAT.

Oh, OK, I'd not seen that. Another notion down in splinters; by the Law of Conservation of  Loony Theory, I am due inspiration any minute now.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
Oh, OK, I'd not seen that. Another notion down in splinters; by the Law of Conservation of  Loony Theory, I am due inspiration any minute now.

We wait with baited breath.

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »
We wait with baited breath.

You should lay off the raw fish, then.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2011, 08:36:46 PM »
You should lay off the raw fish, then.

Yeah, that's what I get for digging into the cat food, huh?

Wondered if you'd catch that.  ;D

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:31 PM »
Wondered if you'd catch that.  ;D

If it relates to sushi in any way, I will most likely catch it.

Offline Mashiara

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
Whose voice does Harry hear at the end?

I don't know about the female voice, but wasn't the male, "DIE ALONE" Cassius?  In Dead Beat, he tells Harry, "DIE ALONE!" just before Mouse kills him and Harry was hit with "a flood of power".  I thought it was some kind of a curse.

*edited because now I have my book and had to get the details right.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:54:17 AM by Mashiara »

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »
Yes, the "die alone" was Cassius.  The female voice is the unknown one.  I'll edit the post for clarity, thanks for pointing it out.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2011, 04:38:32 PM »
I figured it was his godmother
or mother
or Kim
or Murphy until i read Aftermath
or Susan I hope it's Susan
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline ema nymton

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
OK here's a silly thought that hit me while I was in the bath.

Why is Harry so tall?

I don't remember either of his parents being described as especially tall, and I have always imagined Ebenezar as being rather short but I can't remember if thats actually in the books or if it's just me. Now of course it is possible to be very tall and have averaged sized parents but hight is a genetic trait so tall people often have at least one tall parent.

Offline Magnus

• Posty McPostington
  • Secret Vampire of The Chiro Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2011, 07:25:04 PM »
I don't remember either of his parents being described as especially tall, and I have always imagined Ebenezar as being rather short but I can't remember if thats actually in the books or if it's just me. Now of course it is possible to be very tall and have averaged sized parents but hight is a genetic trait so tall people often have at least one tall parent.
Actually, Malcolm is described as being tall, I can't find the quote right now though.
Full assed FTW! :)

"I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library." -Jorge Luis Borges

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
OK here's a silly thought that hit me while I was in the bath.

Why is Harry so tall?

on a related note, do we have the 'is harry human' from BR listed ?
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 02:57:37 AM »
Was Tolkien 'inspired' like Stoker and Lovecraft?

How is it that Sanya just happened to be in town in Changes?  Nothing particularly dark or Hellish occurred onscreen...

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2011, 03:11:40 AM »
on a related note, do we have the 'is harry human' from BR listed ?

Was this from Kincaid's comment about being a human as Harry?

Was Tolkien 'inspired' like Stoker and Lovecraft?

How is it that Sanya just happened to be in town in Changes?  Nothing particularly dark or Hellish occurred onscreen...

I think Tolkien being important in-universe is unlikely, since the previous Summer Knight's name, Ronald, Reuel, was a shout out to Tolkien.  As for Sanya, I just put that down to vague heavenly interference- was there something unusual about his showing up?

I'm not sure about Harry's height, but it doesn't seem out of the ordinary for wizards- the Gatekeeper is seven feet tall, after all. 
-the DM