Author Topic: Unsolved Mysteries Version II  (Read 133480 times)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Unsolved Mysteries Version II
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 12:16:32 AM »
Fool Moon?- what happened with Harry's mom that made Hell lose her?

Added, with an asterisk because it's implied that Malcolm saved her.
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline Shevik Muppet

• Participant
  • The important things don't need to be said.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 01:59:43 AM »
What does Martha Liberty know about Harry? What is he "meant to be" that makes him dangerous? (Summer Knight)

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 02:23:04 AM »
What does Martha Liberty know about Harry? What is he "meant to be" that makes him dangerous? (Summer Knight)

Already there (more or less), split under Harry and Maggie Sr.  ;D
"Battle not with monsters, lest you become a sad stain on the carpet, and if you gaze into the abyss, you will get very bored."
"No, the crab is immune to your charms.  You can, however, roll a seduction check for the cuttlefish."
-the DM

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 02:32:02 AM »
Added, with an asterisk because it's implied that Malcolm saved her.

But how exactly did Malcom save her? I know that there is some speculation that he may have been a Knight of the Cross
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline ۞†Grey Warden†۞

• Needs A Life
  • For those who wander but are not lost!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 02:37:53 AM »
-Why is Winter so interested in Molly?

Because Ms. Duck is Mab and wants all of us to think Molly is. I stand by this theory.
Sir  Reginald.
I will miss you, my friend Mdodd. May you find peace.
Snowy,  I am rooting for you. I hope you remain happy and as comfortable as possible.

How many steps to the lighthouse?

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 09:43:59 PM »

I thought we had it somewhere that that meant "meant by Justin du Morne to be", which is pretty clear.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
I thought we had it somewhere that that meant "meant by Justin du Morne to be", which is pretty clear.

I hadn't heard of that.  Had it from what source?  It certainly sounds probable
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:46 AM »
frankly I allways took as a clue bat to Kemmler, esp in refence to Harry's comment in TC about 'super warlcok half the council is afraid he is'
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Cymbaline

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
Wait a sec, am I missing something?

-Who is going to wield Amoracchius?*
What's the answer for that one?  I think Jim said recently that Amoracchius probably won't be seen in action again until the BAT, so who's the new wielder going to be?

-What is the mantle Ebenezer is considering for Harry?*
I don't recall this ever being answered definitively. 

-Who/What was Malcolm Dresden?*
You mean, besides what Harry says he is, Harry's father and small-time professional stage magician.  Anything else?

Offline sjsharks

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
There are a lot of sword wielder theories.

Many people think the mantle Eb has for Harry is either the title of The Warden or Blackstaff. Personally I think that the mantle has something to do with being an outsiderbane.

There is a lot of discussion that there could be more to Malcolm. He may have been a KotC or something like that.
And Chocolate is associated with love and love killed the Dinosaurs, you are a genius Sjsharks

TWCB-Dinosaurs

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 04:27:27 PM »
-What is the mantle Ebenezer is considering for Harry?*
I don't recall this ever being answered definitively. 

That's astrisked because of this comment in the origional version of this post.

TC; what is the mantle Eb is talking about. its the mantle he took when he made Demonreach his sanctum.

I responded with:
Ok then, What does the mantle Eb is talking about entail? (semantics)

But the original "mystery" wording was used with an asterisk.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2011, 04:19:51 AM »
I should probably un-asterisk the Amoracchius, true.  It's only there because there is a more-or-less general suspicion that Thomas is probably going to end up wielding it, although there's very little concrete evidence.  As for Ebenezer's mantle, that asterisk is because there is quite a bit speculation that it's linked to Demonreach and/or the original (singular) Warden.  Since it isn't completely answered, but pretty much implied, it's up there with an asterisk.

For Malcolm, the question is there because of the numerous theories concerning his being an angel/KoTC/other, and the asterisk is there because so far, there all evidence points towards his being a normal human.

I really need to neaten up...
-the DM

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2011, 05:28:26 AM »
I should probably un-asterisk the Amoracchius, true.  It's only there because there is a more-or-less general suspicion that Thomas is probably going to end up wielding it. 

There is ?

Have I been gone long enough that the "Harry ends up with all three swords and they get destroyed in the BAT and none of them ever get wielders" theory has fallen from favour ?
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline parthagenon

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2011, 05:32:28 AM »
There is ?

Have I been gone long enough that the "Harry ends up with all three swords and they get destroyed in the BAT and none of them ever get wielders" theory has fallen from favour ?

We know that somebody will pick them up before the BAT, and that Amoracchius, at least, will survive until the beginning of the BAT.

From Marscon:

Audience member: Um, a buch of us have been chomping at the bit and wondering, um, who’s going to wield Amoracchius and Fidelacchius and [unintelligible]

Jim: Um, yeah, ok, who’s going to get to wield the two new Swords? Um, well really, not the two new swords, but the Swords that are in Dresden’s keeping right now, and are we going to get anything more about that from Ghost Story?  Probably not, nah. (Laughter)

Interviewer: How…how long will they have to wait?

Jim: I…well…oh, uh, let’s see, we’ll probably get the new…we’ll probably get the new, the new wielder of Fidelacchius in Book 14 or 15. Um, Amoracchius is gonna, uh…we’re gonna…(Jim chuckles evilly), that’s…that’s gonna be apocalypse time by the time we get [unintelligible].  Amoracchius is not one of those Swords that really rampages around the world very often, and when if does, you’ve heard about it, so…(Laughter).
-the DM

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2011, 06:11:19 AM »
I have a running bet on Molly actually; or possibly one of the other carpenter kids.

based on the arthurian priciple--

Merlin_ harry
uther_ mIcheal
arthur_harry's apprentice, uther' heir..Molly

so yes, unstar that one.. I put thomas as the least mlikely, frankly.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky