Author Topic: What does this mean?  (Read 8374 times)

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
What does this mean?
« on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:32 PM »
But everyone with a smidge of talent who was sleeping at the time was troubled by dreams. The general theme was always the same: dead children. The world in flames. Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 04:37:42 PM by morriswalters »

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Whatoes this mean?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 12:45:58 PM »
It means a bunch of people got a memo that there's an apocalypse coming.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 01:17:38 PM »
That Harry pulled the trigger on a global-scale spell that could be prophesized as an event in the Outsider Book of Revelation, causing a vision of what was to come.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 02:00:11 PM »

That sounds an awful lot like the vision Lydia had and told Harry about back in Grave Peril.  She said she suffered from Casandra Tears and Harry was hesitant to believe her. He asked her what she saw
and her answer was;

"Fire," she whispered.  "Wind.  I see dark things and a dark war.  I see my death coming for me, out of the spirit world.  And I see you at the middle of it all.  You're the beginning, the end of it.  You're the one who can make the path go different ways."

Now that fits what happened at the party, is also fits the war with the Reds, but it can also mean the BAT.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 05:00:32 PM »
That Harry pulled the trigger on a global-scale spell that could be prophesized as an event in the Outsider Book of Revelation, causing a vision of what was to come.
I found this while thinking about Harry's two missing minutes. It's weird because of the framing, this is the passage just before this.
I don’t remember what happened when the ritual went off. There’s a blank spot in my head about two minutes wide. I had no desire whatsoever to find out what was there.
I speculate that this is what has the Council in an uproar.  That what everyone saw in their dreams was of the Destroyer Harry. That it was him that fed enough power to the spell to kill every vampire, everywhere. Or something to that effect, maybe......

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 07:06:38 PM »
It means a bunch of people got a memo that there's an apocalypse coming.

Maybe that Harry fucked up....  That one action has set in motion something that cannot be stopped, resulting in the apocalypse..  Perhaps this is what the time travel stuff will be about in the end.  Stopping this.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 07:10:39 PM »
That what everyone saw in their dreams was of the Destroyer Harry. That it was him that fed enough power to the spell to kill every vampire, everywhere. Or something to that effect, maybe......

This does make me ask a question.  Because Harry is in fact a Starborn, did this spell gain something extra to it?  Some sort of potency that may have hit some Things out there who were tied to the Red Court but wouldn't have been destroyed.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 07:22:28 PM »
It means an incredible powerful wave of death magic getting everywhere on earth and a good part of the nevernever. People who are sensitive to such things will notice one way or another.
WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:23 PM »

Or Harry finally saw the same vision that Lydia had back in Grave Peril.

The world in flames.      Lydia;  "Fire," she whispered.

Terror and death spreading across the globe in an unstoppable wave, destroying anything resembling order or civilization.
                                     Lydia; 
Wind.  I see dark things and a dark war.  I see my death coming for me, out of the spirit world.  And I see you at the middle of it all.  You're the beginning, the end of it.  You're the one who can make the path go different ways."

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 11:00:51 PM »
That dream is pretty specific.  Unless I have misunderstood what Jim wrote, the curse was meant to kill Eb's bloodline. Not all wizards, everywhere.  If the power levels were this high it was like hunting mice with an elephant gun. That makes my WAG generator go off the rails.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2021, 12:17:04 AM »
Maybe that Harry fucked up....  That one action has set in motion something that cannot be stopped, resulting in the apocalypse..  Perhaps this is what the time travel stuff will be about in the end.  Stopping this.
If it was such a cataclysmic fuckup to use the bloodline curse there wouldn't be so many powers who were just setting him up to do it.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

Offline morriswalters

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2021, 01:53:52 AM »
This has come up multiple times in the books ion different fashions.
Quote from: Blood Rites
I didn't care about that, either. The power felt too good—too strong. I wanted it. I wanted Raith to pay. I wanted him to suffer, screaming, and then die for what he had done to me. And I was strong enough to make it happen. I had the power and the resolve to bring such a tide of magic against him that he would be utterly destroyed. I would lay him low and make him howl for mercy before I tore him apart. He deserved nothing less.
In these cases something else takes over and he can seemingly draw on power that doesn't seem to be his.  Maybe it's the Outsiders power, considering that Raith used an outsider to fire his entropy curse.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
That dream is pretty specific.  Unless I have misunderstood what Jim wrote, the curse was meant to kill Eb's bloodline. Not all wizards, everywhere.  If the power levels were this high it was like hunting mice with an elephant gun. That makes my WAG generator go off the rails.

However, the reversal of that curse did kill off another bloodline, a race of vampires that were dispersed world wide..  So Harry could have heard their cries as they died.  You leave out the fact that the originator of the spell was the Red King, that power level was his, magnified by the gods of C.I., not Harry.  However it did trigger a horrible vision..  What you quote is from Blood Rites, from an angry injured young wizard who has discovered the murderer of his mother.. That is a nasty quote, he felt that, but it was impotent, he didn't kill a mouse with an elephant gun, his efforts had no effect on Lord Raith.. 

I think being a star born puts one on a razor's edge, like an archangel or a god, awesome power, that can create as well as destroy.  Harry has felt and wielded the power of both hell fire and soul fire, he rejected one, he is still exploring what the other is and it's uses.   

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2021, 07:40:22 PM »
If it was such a cataclysmic fuckup to use the bloodline curse there wouldn't be so many powers who were just setting him up to do it.

I see the battle between the Outside, and Inside like a game of chess.  Both sides are so dangerous its like check, move counter check.  This may have been a miscalculation on the Insides part.  Thought that the destruction of the Red Court was the right call, not realizing it was the Outside setting up a trap. 

If Harry had simply saved his daughter, and got out, things would have been ok...  But the spell going off, and killing all the Red Court (Not humans but demons) may have triggered something else.  I kind of think that so many demons being killed would send a signal into the Never Never, like a homing signal...  Or a dinner bell..  Or an alarm clock for something sleeping.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 07:43:13 PM by groinkick »

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2021, 07:56:08 PM »
Various ideas:

1) Harry's shade spent two minutes teleporting everywhere heart-busting vamps.
2) Harry had to power the spell, and the difference between a Destroyer and whatever the alternative is is love vs. hate- and Harry is a man with great capacity for both.
3) Expanding on 2- this is why the archangels helped. Salvation from love using destruction they could support.