Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259329 times)

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
My brilliant husband just came up with the most amazing casting choice for Marcone.  Dolph freakin' Lundgren!

I would think he fits Kincaid better myself.
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »
I would think he fits Kincaid better myself.
Nah, I picture a more feline grace sort of dangerous for Kincaid.  Id cast Dolph as a decent Hendrix
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2014, 02:46:56 PM »
Nah, I picture a more feline grace sort of dangerous for Kincaid.  Id cast Dolph as a decent Hendrix

Those are good points.  Dolph would make a good Hendricks from a physical standpoint and also, as we've learned, because he looks like a big, dimwitted oaf but is actually quite smart.  I could see him as Kincaid, too.

The reason he came up as Marcone is because we were watching TV last night and a commercial featuring Ray Wise came on.  Ray has been my Marcone for awhile, but as Marcone has gotten progressively more bad@ss, I'm not sure Ray could pull it off.  I'm not sure I can imagine him in the more physical scenes in Fool Moon and Small Favor, even though to me he otherwise *looks* like Marcone.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »
The reason he came up as Marcone is because we were watching TV last night and a commercial featuring Ray Wise came on.  Ray has been my Marcone for awhile, but as Marcone has gotten progressively more bad@ss, I'm not sure Ray could pull it off.  I'm not sure I can imagine him in the more physical scenes in Fool Moon and Small Favor, even though to me he otherwise *looks* like Marcone.

Agreed, he's just too old for what is still a physically demanding role.  I could see him for Nic (though I picture a far more skinny/emaciated person), the head Svartalf, or maaaybe Vadderung.  It might be a waste of talent, but he'd make a perfect Ferro. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:12 PM »
Agreed, he's just too old for what is still a physically demanding role.  I could see him for Nic (though I picture a far more skinny/emaciated person), the head Svartalf, or maaaybe Vadderung.  It might be a waste of talent, but he'd make a perfect Ferro.

I dunno...Ray looked kinda slender in the commercial.  I could see him as Nic.  For Vadderung...I think Liam Neeson

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
I dunno...Ray looked kinda slender in the commercial.  I could see him as Nic.  For Vadderung...I think Liam Neeson
Eh, Id rather have Liam Neeson as Michael or one of the SC
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2014, 07:47:50 AM »
Those are good points.  Dolph would make a good Hendricks from a physical standpoint and also, as we've learned, because he looks like a big, dimwitted oaf but is actually quite smart.  I could see him as Kincaid, too.

You image of Ray Wise is the first image I've seen that I'd accept over Robert Loggia.  I don't see the physical parts of the role as an issue.  That's what CG is for...
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I think he'd make a great Kincaid...

At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:11 PM »
You image of Ray Wise is the first image I've seen that I'd accept over Robert Loggia.  I don't see the physical parts of the role as an issue.  That's what CG is for...
Yeah, I'm not sure what that picture is from, but he does look very Marcone-ish to me in it.  Maybe Ray would be willing to buff up a bit for the role ;-)

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »
How about Nicola Peltz as Molly?  She has the right look for her I think.

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2014, 01:17:13 AM »
Eh, Id rather have Liam Neeson as Michael or one of the SC
Ever since someone told me Liam Neeson as Morgan, I can't see anyone else.
How about Nicola Peltz as Molly?  She has the right look for her I think.
She certainly does, but how about Elizabeth Olsen? She got mad props for playing a rebellious, traumatized young woman in Martha Marcy May Marlene and she's playing Wanda Maximoff in Avengers: Age of Ultron. :)
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2014, 01:58:52 AM »
Ever since someone told me Liam Neeson as Morgan, I can't see anyone else.She certainly does, but how about Elizabeth Olsen? She got mad props for playing a rebellious, traumatized young woman in Martha Marcy May Marlene and she's playing Wanda Maximoff in Avengers: Age of Ultron. :)

My two nominees for Molly: Anna Paquin and Gigi Edgely.  Tending more toward the former because then the latter can play Mab.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2014, 02:50:15 AM »
I want some roles for Chloe Moretz and Anna Sophia Robb
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »
My two nominees for Molly: Anna Paquin and Gigi Edgely.  Tending more toward the former because then the latter can play Mab.

Anna Paquin would've been great for Molly 10 years ago or if we don't see Molly until she's already an adult, and Gigi Edgley is at an age where she would be better as Charity.  But if we want someone that could play a teenage Molly and then an adult Molly, I think a younger actress would be better.

I want some roles for Chloe Moretz and Anna Sophia Robb

Chloe Moretz would make a great Molly too I think

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2014, 01:34:31 PM »
Speaking of Harry, I recall a poll a long time ago (from an earlier iteration of this thread) that suggested Nathan Fillion was the best choice for Dresden. I dunno, Harry can be terrifying at times and Fillion has never really scared me (as talented as he is). Has Nathan ever played the villain in something?

Captain Hammer in Dr. Horrible, in a manner of speaking? ;)

I agree - Mal takes 15 times as much of a beating as he should be able to, just like Harry, but that's where the resemblance ends for me. His looks aren't angular enough and I don't think he could pull off the super-rages Harry gets into in, say, the Hellfire days.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC