Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259408 times)

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2014, 08:23:50 PM »
Yvonne Strahovski - Mab
Kristina Hendricks - Leah
Megan Fox - Maeve
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:17 PM »
Malcolm Mcdowell - Eb
Ooooh, I do like the look of that, but isn't ol' Doc Soran a bit too British for Ebeneezy?
Someone, I think it might have been me, once suggested Nichelle Nichols as Martha Liberty. I'd like to add John Malkovich as Simon LaFortier.

Why not Tommy Lee Jones or Geoff Bridges as Eb?
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2014, 10:37:11 PM »
Why not Tommy Lee Jones or Geoff Bridges as Eb?

Holy crap, I can totally hear all of Ebenezar's dialogue in Tommy Lee Jones' voice!  That's an awesome idea!

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »
Jeffery Morgan - Marcone
Brock Lesnar - Mr.Hendricks
Lucy Lawless - Gard

Think J. Morgan would be better as Nick, but definitely witcha on M. Fox...

And while we're on that subject, Samantha Mumba as Tera West.  Yow Wow!
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #259 on: July 01, 2014, 11:35:33 AM »
I think he is described as having a British accent but its possible Im assuming that from the overwhelmingly British tone of the Council.  He uses some form of old Germanic for his spells, so that may be were the German came in.

Just reread DB (like, finished it within the last 12 hours), and I thought Morgan's spells were Greek...
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #260 on: July 01, 2014, 12:04:08 PM »
Think J. Morgan would be better as Nick, but definitely witcha on M. Fox...

And while we're on that subject, Samantha Mumba as Tera West.  Yow Wow!

In and IN!

Thanks to the wonders of inflight entertainment, I caught a few more episodes of the Big Bang Theory. I present: Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) for Murphy. Provided she can do a voice other than that high-pitched one.

(click to show/hide)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 01, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »
In and IN!

Thanks to the wonders of inflight entertainment, I caught a few more episodes of the Big Bang Theory. I present: Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) for Murphy. Provided she can do a voice other than that high-pitched one.

(click to show/hide)
She certainly has the build, but can she do intimidating cop?
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline phelps

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 01, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »
Since I'm new here, I've never shared these (even though the wife and I have gone over them).  Some of the people here are wishes, but this is what I would do.  This is what I have in my head as I'm reading.

Harry Dresden -- Tony Hale.  (You all keep coming up with pretty boys for Dresden.  He's NOT.  He's a tall, skinny, gangly geek who won't make eye contact with anyone and only turns into a bad ass when magic is involved.  The rest of the time he's total geek.)

Murphy -- Martha Plimpton
Bob -- Mark Hamill
Michael Carpenter -- Joshua Jackson
Charity Carpenter -- Katee Sackoff
Mac -- Mandy Patinkin (anyone who has seen Dead Like Me can't argue with this one.)
Marcone -- Kevin Bacon
Morgan -- Jeff Bridges
Arthur Langtry -- Hugh Laurie
Mab -- Tricia Helfer
Lea -- Christina Hendricks
Lloyd Slate -- Matthew McConaughey
Nicodemus -- Gary Oldman (might be nice for him to use his native accent in a role)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:52:26 PM by phelps »

Offline phelps

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 01, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
Murphy -- Martha Plimpton

As backup for this one, BTW, Plimpton has essentially already played Murphy in an episode of Fringe (With Jackson, who I think makes a better Michael than a Harry.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVvPdYe3iA

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #264 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
I agree that he doesnt fit the look, and I dont know about the Hellfire Rages, but I will say that in a recentish episode of Castle, when his daughter was kidnapped, he definitely proved he can do frightening dark.  Put a beard on him and I could easily get behind him as a choice for Michael.

My thing about Nathan Fillion is his voice. Michael has to be deep and reassuring. I think Nathan's great, but he just has this nasality no matter who he plays that often grates on my nerves. Anywho, I haven't seen Castle but I could imagine him doing frightening dark. Nasally. :P

JB, TC

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2014, 07:40:39 AM »
Also, has anyone ever put forward Stellan Skarsgard for Vadderung/Kringle?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:34:44 PM by frankcesca »

JB, TC

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2014, 04:06:17 PM »
She certainly has the build, but can she do intimidating cop?

Not a clue. I sure hope so.

Also, I just watched Backwards (usedta row in college) and.... James Van der Beek could be Harry or Thomas in my book. In fact, when I saw him, I realized it was kind of how I've pictured Harry without even knowing it. I don't know if he can do the rage or darkness, but hey, I like the way he looks!

(click to show/hide)

JB, TC

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2014, 05:25:08 AM »
Also, has anyone ever put forward Stellan Skarsgard for Vadderung/Kringle?

(click to show/hide)

Hmm...

First choice--Kris Kristofferson
Second choice--Jeff Bridges
Third choice--Stellan Skarsgaard
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline AndyC

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2014, 02:17:21 PM »
First post - although I registered a few years ago and have been lurking irregularly ever since.
My wife and I were just discussing casting details and came up with one that I don't think has been suggested:

Harry Dresden - David Walton.  (Plays the lead character in "About a Boy", where he snarks it up with aplomb.  He's also tall (6' 4"), which helps.

For Thomas, she's adamant that Ben Barnes is perfect.

For Karrin Murphy, I too have to go along with the Kirsten Bell idea.

For Butters, it has to be Jay Baruchel

With Michael Carpenter, we're going for Hugh Jackman (as per others here), although an honourable mention for Gerald Butler

For Charity Carpenter, Lena Hedley (from Game of Thrones, among others).

For Nicodemus - Benedict Cumberbatch has the ability to swing from charming to malevolent so, so well.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:44:56 PM by AndyC »

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »
Finally! Someone is with me on Ben Barnes.

Also, Jim mentioned Joe Manginello for Michael (I know I've mentioned this before) and Hiddleston for Harry. I'm kinda stuck on those two.

Also, I would like to mention Gina Torres for Terra West.