Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259402 times)

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #270 on: July 06, 2014, 11:57:36 PM »
Tony Hale's face is too round and cute for Harry for me.

Martha Plimpton.......a resounding NO, and a hell no.

Mac - Michael Chicklis

Vadderung - Liam Neeson

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2014, 10:31:37 AM »
Finally! Someone is with me on Ben Barnes.

Also, Jim mentioned Joe Manginello for Michael (I know I've mentioned this before) and Hiddleston for Harry. I'm kinda stuck on those two.

Also, I would like to mention Gina Torres for Terra West.

You're not the first to mention Gina Torrres for Tera West. :)

Also, how about Zachary Quinto for Harry?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:33:15 AM by frankcesca »
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 07, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
I can get behind that.

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 07, 2014, 05:45:33 PM »
Jay Baruchel is maybe a little too young, and definitely too tall for Butters I think.  However, he definitely does the freaking-out thing very well haha

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 07, 2014, 05:51:21 PM »
Jay Baruchel is maybe a little too young, and definitely too tall for Butters I think.  However, he definitely does the freaking-out thing very well haha
Meh, he has the character down well enough, and the Height bit wasnt ever a big part of Butter's character, unlike Murphy and Harry.  I think he could work, though Ill still keep him as a second behind DJ Qualls.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 07, 2014, 11:00:47 PM »
Also, how about Zachary Quinto for Harry?

In that case, can Chris Pine play Thomas? ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:02:24 PM by Denarian »
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Seriphina

• Posty McPostington
  • Mouse in the House
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 07, 2014, 11:16:57 PM »
Chris is too beefy.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2014, 08:08:34 AM »
Meh, he has the character down well enough, and the Height bit wasnt ever a big part of Butter's character, unlike Murphy and Harry.  I think he could work, though Ill still keep him as a second behind DJ Qualls.

I disagree. The first thing I think of when I word-associate Harry's descriptions of Butters is "the little ME." Then again, just about everyone is little to Harry, including "the little ectomancer" Mort.

As for the actor, no clue. I still go for Moist - Simon Helberg. I don't know if he can do the "scream like a girl" (I haven't seen very much of his work) but he's got the Judaism and the dark hair... and he's five-foot-seven.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2014, 01:20:25 PM »
I disagree. The first thing I think of when I word-associate Harry's descriptions of Butters is "the little ME." Then again, just about everyone is little to Harry, including "the little ectomancer" Mort.
Well, like you said everyone is little in Harry's eyes. But for me that part of Butters description had more to do with him being scrawny and weak looking rather than simple height, but that could just be me. 
As for the actor, no clue. I still go for Moist - Simon Helberg. I don't know if he can do the "scream like a girl" (I haven't seen very much of his work) but he's got the Judaism and the dark hair... and he's five-foot-seven.
Oh, yes, he's done the girly scream and other various cowardly bits in his time on Big Bang Theory (I take it you havent seen the show, so dear lord watch it, it's Great!)  But thats part of my problem with him is I dont want to be getting Butter and Wolowitz mixed up, the characters are a little too similar.  For that same reason Im against the idea of Sarah Michelle Geller for Murphy, because it wouldn't be Murphy, it would be Buffy and her new wizard friend. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #279 on: July 08, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
Well, like you said everyone is little in Harry's eyes. But for me that part of Butters description had more to do with him being scrawny and weak looking rather than simple height, but that could just be me.  Oh, yes, he's done the girly scream and other various cowardly bits in his time on Big Bang Theory (I take it you havent seen the show, so dear lord watch it, it's Great!)  But thats part of my problem with him is I dont want to be getting Butter and Wolowitz mixed up, the characters are a little too similar.  For that same reason Im against the idea of Sarah Michelle Geller for Murphy, because it wouldn't be Murphy, it would be Buffy and her new wizard friend.

I've seen 4 or 5 episodes of Big Bang Theory, all on airplanes. Liked them all, and it's also where I found my (physically) perfect casting for Murphy. I'll get on it with the watching.

I see where you're coming from with the idea that he's already played too similar a part. I guess my want to see him as Butters is stronger than the worry I'll mix 'em up, personally!

JB, TC

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2014, 12:50:40 AM »
At 6', Michiel Huisman is at the bottom range I'd really consider for Harry.  There's something about him on-screen that I like. He's on Orphan Black and Game of Thrones, so he's pretty busy.  But OB doesn't seem too demanding of his time, unless they up his character screentime.  As for GoT, there's no telling how long his character will last.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2014, 01:23:42 AM »
In GoT he is playing a character that another actor played last season, so who knows what will happen in the next season?
I find it kinda meh.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 12, 2014, 01:42:03 AM »
In GoT he is playing a character that another actor played last season, so who knows what will happen in the next season?
I find it kinda meh.
Alright, what about Armie Hammer?  6'5, 27yo.  Right age and height, if not quite as slim as I picture Harry.

That's him on the left.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 12, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
I don't want to sound too picky, but he is too pretty for Harry.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:04 AM »
Harry Dresden -- Tony Hale.  (You all keep coming up with pretty boys for Dresden.  He's NOT.  He's a tall, skinny, gangly geek who won't make eye contact with anyone and only turns into a bad ass when magic is involved.  The rest of the time he's total geek.)
Bah, Tony Hale is 6'1.  He's not tall.  Tall enough, maybe, but not tall.  And he's 43 now, meaning he'd be nearly 20 years older than Harry in SF.

If I want tall, skinny, gangly geek, Zachary Levi is my pick.  At 6'4", he's close to Dresden's height, he's skinny as a rail, and he does geek very well.  At 33, with two books a year, he'd be around 43-44 when the series completed.