Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 129091 times)

cenwolfgirl

Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2012, 02:51:50 PM »
well done for progress neuro and good luck for saterday writing ;D

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 24, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »
Oh God, I have to pull a neuro---for several weeks!  EEEEKKKK!  Brain fusion please. If that isn't possible, maybe I can get a blood transfusion sent down?  *sigh*
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 24, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »
Hang in there Meg. :)
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 24, 2012, 06:21:00 PM »
Finished and posted a new draft of my TV Pilot, Starship Enlisted this morning.

I think it turned out really well.

Achievement of the week: This draft answers a very important question, "How does the sausage get made aboard a Starship?" In my universe, it sure hell isn't replicators...  ;D ;D ;D

Also important to note that my project's popularity is up from it's last position, still close to the bottom of page 2 of 21....which is also higher than 7 "Notable Projects". :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:24:47 PM by Lanodantheon »
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 24, 2012, 07:04:26 PM »
Oh God, I have to pull a neuro--

This made me chuckle, because in my home strand of English, the primary meaning of that phrase would be that you felt compelled to take a romantic interest in me.  (I do not mean to suggest I am actually parsing it as such, it just gave me an amusing moment.)

-for several weeks!  EEEEKKKK!  Brain fusion please. If that isn't possible, maybe I can get a blood transfusion sent down?  *sigh*

I'm not sure it works that way, but if there's anything I can do to help, I have cleared down my PM box, or you know where to find me in mail; Thu and Fri of next week are my work AGM but other than that I should be pretty quick on responses.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 24, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »
Still averaging that 1500 words a day of writing and I've come up with two fairly decent short story ideas.  One based on a Sonata Arctica Song and One based on A Star Trek episode-specifically related to a casting choice and one of the actors other roles(although the story has a little bit to much sexual exploration for me.)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 25, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »
This made me chuckle, because in my home strand of English, the primary meaning of that phrase would be that you felt compelled to take a romantic interest in me.  (I do not mean to suggest I am actually parsing it as such, it just gave me an amusing moment.)
  what a riot and NO that was not my intent, only your dedication to cranking out the words!
I'm not sure it works that way, but if there's anything I can do to help, I have cleared down my PM box, or you know where to find me in mail; Thu and Fri of next week are my work AGM but other than that I should be pretty quick on responses.
I'll let you know, but it's at that 'just get it down and stop editing.' I'm enjoying re-reading it too much while editing and not progressing like I should.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 25, 2012, 03:10:58 AM »
ARGH!  One of my Beta readers just gave my book to his mom...  Normally I wouldn't care, but she was my eigth grade reading teacher and argh...  Had to vent.  I'd have preferred to wait until I was published to let her read it...  If then.  Now I'm nervous like its getting graded.  :(

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 25, 2012, 03:16:38 AM »
ARGH!  One of my Beta readers just gave my book to his mom...  Normally I wouldn't care, but she was my eigth grade reading teacher and argh...  Had to vent.  I'd have preferred to wait until I was published to let her read it...  If then.  Now I'm nervous like its getting graded.  :(

You have my sympathies Aminar - because you probably will get graded. ???
I think you need to have a long talk with that Beta.  You don't pass on writing unless the author says
so.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 25, 2012, 03:18:38 AM »
Yeah...  I doubt he thought much past the fact his mom is almost as much a friend as he is...  And we've known eachother for 16 years now...  Since we were 10.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 25, 2012, 03:20:44 AM »
Ah.  Well, you know she'll give you a detailed critique on your reading.
But, as you say, maybe moreso than you were up for at the moment.
Good luck.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 25, 2012, 03:22:58 AM »
Thanks.  I feel like I need it.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 25, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »
I will tell you one thing that I think all new writers need.
It's the ability to take criticism.  And that's not always easy.
I've seen writers that get sulky or nasty, or quickly change the subject when
someone starts to critique their work.
It's not fun but it's part of being a writer.  You just need to learn to differentiate between
good criticism and bad criticism.

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2012, 04:49:50 AM »
I'm usually pretty decent about it.  It's just that the work got handed to a "grown up"  Somebody I still can't not see as my teacher and good friends mom.  It's just scary.  It's good advice to take criticism well.  I'm not one to get sulky or nasty or the like.  I usually will, after hearing their piece, ask what they thought of the things they didn't mention though.  And frankly I have yet to meet someone who's harsher on my work than me. 

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »

Got another Gunner Scene down.  I think it stacks up pretty well.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)