Author Topic: Gf's character idea most min/maxed ever lol  (Read 7842 times)

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
Re: Gf's character idea most min/maxed ever lol
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »
With the catch of poison there is the question would the catch only be satisfied by the poison damage ie venom rules or would just coating something in poison fufill the catch or is a weakness to one or the other a different catch.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 09:11:07 PM »
Unless specified otherwise, it is the stress/consequences caused by the catch itself that bypasses the toughness/recovery, not merely stress/consequences caused in its presence.  It's one of the reasons WCV catches are valued so low.  You'll have a heck of a time finding a weapon that serves as a symbol of True Love, and a wedding ring isn't particularly suited to causing harm.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
Ammorachius is a pretty big symbol of true love.  ;D

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
Amoracchius, The Sword of Love, countering Lust.
Esperacchius, The Sword of Hope, countering Despair.
Fidelacchius, The Sword of Faith, countering Fear.

Are the Swords of the Cross so neatly aligned against the White Court?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »
The White Court, in a world were humanity knows of the supernatural, is going to be the greatest danger from the more humanoid supernaturals. Someone knew what they were doing when they arranged the swords' meaning in their Great Plan.  :P

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »
Ammorachius is a pretty big symbol of true love.  ;D

Yeah, and there's ONE in the entire world.  Oh, and it has the capacity (at the cost of a FP, if it wouldn't already qualify) to satisfy ANY catch, from 'not fire' through 'only the Barrabus Noose', not just that of House Raith.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 09:41:05 PM »
The White Court, in a world were humanity knows of the supernatural, is going to be the greatest danger from the more humanoid supernaturals. Someone knew what they were doing when they arranged the swords' meaning in their Great Plan.  :P

Perhaps so, but if this is the case, then the possibility of there being any other WCV Courts (besides the core three we already know of) becomes very low, unless new Holy Weapons begin springing up to counter the predations of new WCV breeds.

Yeah, and there's ONE in the entire world.  Oh, and it has the capacity (at the cost of a FP, if it wouldn't already qualify) to satisfy ANY catch, from 'not fire' through 'only the Barrabus Noose', not just that of House Raith.

Indeed! I think what is being proposed is that Amoracchius would be able to serve as the Catch simply by use - not requiring a Fate Point.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 09:42:59 PM »
Would a mercy killing count as satisfying the true love catch say a lover saw the person they knew and love become an absolute monster and decided to save them from them self.

Perhaps so, but if this is the case, then the possibility of there being any other WCV Courts (besides the core three we already know of) becomes very low, unless new Holy Weapons begin springing up to counter the predations of new WCV breeds.

Indeed! I think what is being proposed is that Amoracchius would be able to serve as the Catch simply by use - not requiring a Fate Point.

There is reasonable reason to believe there is at least one more sword of the cross floating about somewhere.

Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 09:45:47 PM »
Would a mercy killing count as satisfying the true love catch say a lover saw the person they knew and love become an absolute monster and decided to save them from them self.

Do both the killer and the victim (currently, at the time of the killing) possess an aspect to reflect their mutual unconditional love?
Slough

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

"Twas love killed the beast," I believe the saying goes? That was also an element in that terrible "Wolf Man" movie.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 02:56:36 AM »
I dunno about the true love thing....

There are an awful lot of happy married people.  Most of them wear a wedding ring.

These wedding rings would lend rather nicely to a punch or a grapple....
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 03:41:11 AM »
Being happily married doesn't mean you have True Love.  And even if you do, it doesn't guarantee that any given item linked to your relationship will gain the metaphysical association with that Love.
Slough

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 04:58:08 AM »
Being happily married doesn't mean you have True Love.  And even if you do, it doesn't guarantee that any given item linked to your relationship will gain the metaphysical association with that Love.

What's your point?

A HUMMWV could fall from the sky too.

If Harry banging some silly reporter with little to no survival instinct and a nose for trouble, I'd say quite a few of the married couples are "true love".

This stuff is all highly subjective.

Also, if two people in "true love" have a ring that symbolizes their relationship, I would think logically that it is more of a leap to assume the thing /doesn't/ have a metaphysical connection than that it does.

My point stands.

Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 05:06:26 AM »
What's your point?

A HUMMWV could fall from the sky too.

If Harry banging some silly reporter with little to no survival instinct and a nose for trouble, I'd say quite a few of the married couples are "true love".

This stuff is all highly subjective.

Also, if two people in "true love" have a ring that symbolizes their relationship, I would think logically that it is more of a leap to assume the thing /doesn't/ have a metaphysical connection than that it does.

My point stands.

This has been addressed several times on this board in recent memory.  I don't feel the need to rehash the arguments here.
Slough

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 05:33:21 AM »
This has been addressed several times on this board in recent memory.  I don't feel the need to rehash the arguments here.
Ummm... ok.