Author Topic: Some help with Stunts for a "Kick-Ass" Character  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Silverseraph

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Some help with Stunts for a "Kick-Ass" Character
« on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:40 AM »
I was inspired tonight to try to make a character in Dresden Files based on the Comic book (and not Movie) Kick-Ass.

Name: Dave "Kickass" Lizewski
Template: Pure Mortal
High Concept: Real World "Super Hero" Vigilante
Trouble: Constantly Getting in Over My Head and Beat to hell

Other Aspects:
Lonely Nerdy Comic Book Geek, Metal Plates and Nerve Damage, "I'm Kickass!", Hero for Hire!, Jealous of Red Mist's Fame

Skills
Great: Endurance
Good: Scholarship Weapons
Fair: Athletics Alertness Deceit
Average: Burglary, Presence, Stealth, Investigation

The problem I have run into is I don't really know how I should do a stunt for him. I wanted to give him a stunt that reflected his secret identity. As Kick-Ass, he would be feared/revered/hated/loved by members of the general populace that wouldn't know about him as "Dave".

I thought about breaking this up into multiple talents but I didn't know how many it should really be because "+1 or +2 to all Social interactions while in costume" seemed wildly overpowered compared to other stats but seemed to really fit what was going on.

I also though about perhaps using a special "Superhero Identity" Stunt which acted like "Beast Change" Where certain abilities only applies while in costume, but I didn't know what kind of bonus that it should have.

All in all I need ideas and suggestions!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:19:17 AM by Silverseraph »

Offline charlesperez

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Some help with Stunts for a "Kick-Ass" Character
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 05:56:31 PM »
I recommend a stunt called, "Yeah, I'm Kickass." It would base the Reputation trapping of Presence off of Endurance, specifically for the Kickass identity. It wouldn't apply to Dave Lizewski's reputation at all; that would depend on the actual Presence rating, unless Dave = Kickass became public.

Charles

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 06:38:49 PM »
No Pain, No Gain: 1 minor Physical concequence and
Bruiser: You have 1 armour against bludgeoning damage
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:04:46 PM »
I don't know the Kickass comics, but here are my ideas.

I think you should decide which of those (feared/revered/hated/loved) are most important. Pick one or two, and improve them with stunts. The rest could then be handled by spending fate on the Kickass persona aspect.

Is the Kickass persona more about a) "Criminals fear me" or more about b) "the public loves me". If a), then boosting intimidation and presence(reputation) would be in order, if b), presence(reputation) and rapport would be the ones.

Offline charlesperez

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 03:27:25 PM »
The stunt "Yeah, I'm Kickass" means that others will love, fear, hate or revere Kickass, each according to his predilections, that being how the Reputation trapping of Presence works. Since Kickass doesn't seem to be the kind of hero who can make a specific person revere or fear him at will, I wouldn't think that other stunts or boosts beyond "Yeah, I'm Kickass" would be necessary.

Charles