Author Topic: Mordite Blade  (Read 11601 times)

Tbora

Mordite Blade
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:21:05 PM »
For a possible character concept I am thinking of a scythe whose blade is pure mordite how would i go about this?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Mordite Blade
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »
Um...not? Mordite just kills things.

Still, if you want to reflect it, I'd go with an Enchanted Item as the only thing vicious enough to properly reflect it. Call it a Weapon: 10 effect with as many uses per story as you can arrange. How much that'll cost will vary wildly depending on the character in question, but it's honna be at least a couple of Refresh.

Tbora

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:30:12 PM »
its for a grim reaper themed character, who is a spirit of Enthropy and Decay bound to a human skeleton like Bob is to a skull.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »
Cool, but to be honest I was more talking about stats, since you need those to work out magical effects properly.

Tbora

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 10:39:53 PM »
I am working in a submerged and no stats have been decided could you help me work them out, basically there character is mean to be tough, fast, and good with melee weapons.I need to maximise the effectiveness of the scythe.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 10:51:25 PM »
Well, to be an Enchanted Item, the Scythe will need to grant some kind of magic...call it Ritual (Ectomancy) allowing you to effect ghosts in various ways, that'd make sense...

Okay here's a build:

Scythe of Death:

Item of Power [+2] effecting;
Ritual (Ectomancy) [-2]
Refinement (Extra Item Slots) [-2]
True Strike (As the Sword of the Cross power of the same name) [-1]

Total: -3 Refresh.

Enchanted Item:

Mordite Scythe Blade (Weapon: 10 attack with Weapons, thirteen times per session) [12 Item Slots]

Like a Warden's Sword, it was made by someone else. In this case someone with Superb Lore (you'll need to run this idea by your GM to get it accepted). Or have Superb Lore yourself, of course (you could do worse than Superb Lore and Weapons for the character listed).

Aside from the Scythe, I'd take Inhuman Speed [-2], Inhuman Recovery [-2], Inhuman Toughness [-2], Living Dead [-1] and a Catch worth at least +1 (I have no idea what Catch such a character would have). That should make you good to go.

Tbora

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »
Cool, if I go with that, just what kind of smackdown could I lay with this weapon and such a character?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
Anything you hit with it is going to feel it, up to and including minor dieties. Anything you hit with less than Supernatural Toughness has to take Consequences or go down on any hit from it. Any mortal hit with it must take at least a Moderate Consequence or go down. For unarmored Mortals, make that a Severe Consequence, and even then only if they have 4 stress boxes.

The only thing I can think of that lays out comparable punishment is someone with Mythic Strength using a car as a melee weapon (total of Weapon: 11).

It's so ridiculously badass I'm not sure I'd even allow it in my game, and I'm usually a fairly permissive GM.

Tbora

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
well keep in mind he would get the scythe and virtually nothing else.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 11:08:04 PM »
True, and it's obvious as all get out. But still, I'd be leery of allowing it in my current group. I'd be more willing to allow it in a hypothetical optimized group (the 8-shift Evocation guy, the were-kodiak with Supernatural Strength and Toughness plus Hulking Size and Claws, and the gunman with Supernatural Speed, Wings, and a magic gun, just for example).

Tbora

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 11:11:11 PM »
sounds like my kind of group...

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 11:12:56 PM »
Well, my current group are about equally cool, conceptually. They're just...less ideal mechanically.  :)

Tbora

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
I will probably end up using Mr.Death in my Las Vegas RP, which you are free to join.

By the way how would you go about building a Kemmlerian Necromancer?

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
It's still obscenely broken, it might fit in the rules but it's the kind of item that is usually reserved for plot reasons only. Expect every NPC in the same state to try to get their hands on the thing. Good guys will want to lock it away or use it for good and bad guys will want to wreak havok. It's better than excalibur itself!

Have you abandoned your fairly broken enchanted item guy then?

Tbora

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
No, as my char is not broken imo

EDIT: and its not better then excaliber, as according to arthurian myth excaliber guarentees invincibility on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 11:26:05 PM by Tbora »