Author Topic: Would You Be Shocked If....  (Read 4316 times)

Offline BrainFireBob

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Would You Be Shocked If....
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 09:44:42 PM »
Lady Cecilia is confirmed as a mother.

If male fertility is higher, you have a reason Lord Raith doesn't just kill his sons- or nephews or brother- outright. They're breeding stock if needed.

Also, I theorize that it generally takes magic talent to become a whampire. If you have at least X talent, it's what primarily supports the demon. If you have more than that, you can do things. If you "would have" been a wizard, you are Thomas.

I think Papa Raith knows that, and it's why the Skavis plan was never tried before. It's racial suicide.

Offline KurtinStGeorge

• Posty McPostington
  • Oh no, there goes Tokyo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 03:45:31 AM »
Let's say the suggestion in the OP is correct.  What happens if the child is born, survives and is recovered by Harry or Thomas?  A pretty much guaranteed vanilla mortal being raised by a WC vampire?  Even if Justine is freed from being possessed that would be a really strange situation for both of them.

Could a newborn baby be possessed or become possessed as a back up plan for Nemesis?  Or how about an unborn one if Harry catches up to Justine before she gives birth?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 03:50:00 AM by KurtinStGeorge »
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Groucho Marx

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 04:34:49 PM »
Let's say the suggestion in the OP is correct.  What happens if the child is born, survives and is recovered by Harry or Thomas?  A pretty much guaranteed vanilla mortal being raised by a WC vampire?  Even if Justine is freed from being possessed that would be a really strange situation for both of them.

But Thomas son gonna be white vampire just like Thomas. Just not-active till puberty - like all whampires.

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 09:22:45 PM »
Finally, Harry's gut feeling that something was a bit off about Justine when he told her the news about Thomas in the beginning of Peace Talks.. Could it be that her reaction felt off because there was no connection between her child and Thomas, not just the plan.
I don't think so.

Very true, I had a theory a while back as that being the reason Raith got to be head of the family.  Yet, it is pretty rare, because the family isn't expanding, how long has Lara been around?  Why hasn't she had any kids?  The only vamp we know of that was really young aside from the baby, if Thomas is the father, was Inari.
Besides Connie and the one from Jury Duty.

I have feeling it's possible only men sire children, as pregnant whampire lady would have problem from two Hungers interacting.
Lady Cessarina Malvora was a mother.

But Thomas son gonna be white vampire just like Thomas. Just not-active till puberty - like all whampires.
The OP is that the baby isn't Thomas's.

Offline Wicked Woodpecker of West

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2020, 02:09:13 AM »
Ah, indeed my bad.

Lady Cessarina Malvora was a mother.

Damn, I was sure Vito was her nephew somehow

Offline Bad Alias

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2020, 10:08:48 PM »
I've looked it up and the book says both.

Justine says "Lady Cesarina Malvora, whose son Vittorio ..."

She says "My son, Vittorio, was on the ..."

Then several times, Harry seems to refer to her as Vittorio's aunt. I do believe she is Madrigal's aunt.