Author Topic: A Map (cont'd) Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers  (Read 163965 times)

Offline Captain of the Za Lord's Guard

• Participant
  • I have my reasons. Also raisins. Delicious raisins
    • View Profile
Re: A Map (cont'd) Spoilers Spoilers Spoilers
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2009, 08:28:26 PM »
We don't know exactly. At the end of PF we learn that its perhaps a quarter of the realm.

"He gestured at the sand table. Isana came over to it and saw a map of the entire Realm laid out
in the sand.
A quarter of it, perhaps more, was colored in croach green."

We know the Vord have taken what has been Kalare and overrun Ceres. They assaulted Alera Imperia, but without spreading the croach that far.
So, here is my guess at what terriories the Vord have taken so far.
http://www.musterpuffer.de/JB/codex/alera-vord.jpg

And it really is nothing more than a guess at this point.

sorry, THIS is the river position I was asking about. (the one I didn't get) thanks. phew!
"It's not my fault!"-Harry Dresden and Han Solo.
Longtime lurker, infrequent poster. ;D

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
Well, the position of the Tiber is still contested. I created the Map you quoted to illustrate my point.

In my opinion the Canim never intended to take the Elinarch to be able to go to Alera Imperia (AI), they wanted to control it to stop the Alerans from deploying forces in their back. they never really intended to get to AI, that was Kalares goal.
In CuF, Cyril says the following: "If they take the Elinarch, they'll run right through Placidas heartlands on the north side, and with the river protecting their flank, they'll be able to lay waste to Ceres' lands on the south." -> Tiber between Ceres and Placida... wich would be my Version of the Map.

There are several things to work through, and the upcoming chat session will hopefully help to clear some of them up.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 15, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »
I'll have to spoil that plan... :( 
There will be a LARP meeting i'll be going to on the 28th... sorry about that, it just came up yesterday.
I changed my availability in the Doodle-poll to avoid further confusion.

But there are other Days that are still possible, the 27th has the same availability for example. At least according to doodle.

If that doesn't work, well there will be more than one session i presume.

*steals Mikey's hat* hey, i always wanted one of those  ;D

Cute fish :~)
So, are we thinking the map chat will be on Saturday the 28th?
That seems to be the day that all of us are available including Priscellie.
Anyone else interested, is definitely welcome. The more the merrier.

Mikey
/*puts on his cartographer's hat */

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
  • Careful, or you'll end up in my novel
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »
Darn. I was trying to keep the chat on the weekend so Priscellie can moderate and keep us all playing nice. That's the basic problem.I suppose we could do Friday the 27th, I just don't know what time she gets home from work. If we start the chat like around 6:00 or 6:30 Eastern US time, what time is it for you and Koko?

I'm assuming LARP is Live Action Role Playing ? And who was scheduled first? Hmmmm.

Mikey
/* Puts on his Master cartographers hat, not the apprentice one Tsunami borrowed */

I'll have to spoil that plan... :( 
There will be a LARP meeting i'll be going to on the 28th... sorry about that, it just came up yesterday.
I changed my availability in the Doodle-poll to avoid further confusion.

But there are other Days that are still possible, the 27th has the same availability for example. At least according to doodle.

If that doesn't work, well there will be more than one session i presume.

*steals Mikey's hat* hey, i always wanted one of those  ;D

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:43:17 AM by belgarion »

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2009, 05:45:47 AM »
Darn. I was trying to keep the chat on the weekend so Priscellie can moderate and keep us all playing nice. That's the basic problem.I suppose we could do Friday the 27th, I just don't know what time she gets home from work. If we start the chat like around 6:00 or 6:30 Eastern US time, what time is it for you and Koko?

I'm assuming LARP is Live Action Role Playing ? And who was scheduled first? Hmmmm.

Mikey
/* Puts on his Master cartographers hat, not the apprentice one Tsunami borrowed */

I get off of work at 7 EST and don't get home until 7:40, which I know is way too late for those overseas.  Go ahead and plan for the 27th at 3pm EST or whatever is most convenient for everyone, and I'll peek my head in occasionally and shout silly things from the sidelines. :D

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2009, 01:02:26 PM »
Sounds good. :~)   That will give me time to get my materials together. Now that we are starting up with working on the shotlink committee of the AT&T National at Congressional, things are getting busy again.
 We haven't heard from Koko who I think is still having exams?
Mikey

I get off of work at 7 EST and don't get home until 7:40, which I know is way too late for those overseas.  Go ahead and plan for the 27th at 3pm EST or whatever is most convenient for everyone, and I'll peek my head in occasionally and shout silly things from the sidelines. :D

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
We are at GMT+1 wich puts us 6 hours before EST, so 6:00 would be Midnight for us. We can probably shedule a session for a time like thin sometime, but on the 27th it would be impractical, at least for me, due to the aforementioned LARP meeting.
You assume correctly. And actually the LARP was scheduled long before, since its every month.  ;)
Mikey
Hey... no fair... *g* Ah well... Honor where honor is due

*salutes the Master-hat*
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:50:21 PM by Tsunami »

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2009, 06:17:49 PM »
We can start at 3PM EST US and go from there. It might take us a while, trading files, while we talk.
Mikey :~)

We are at GMT+1 wich puts us 6 hours before EST, so 6:00 would be Midnight for us. We can probably shedule a session for a time like thin sometime, but on the 27th it would be impractical, at least for me, due to the aforementioned LARP meeting.You assume correctly. And actually the LARP was scheduled long before, since its every month.  ;)Hey... no fair... *g* Ah well... Honor where honor is due

*salutes the Master-hat*

Offline kokolores

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2009, 12:28:43 PM »
Oh and congrats on passing the exams. That's a big step :>). High fives Tsunami.
Any idea whether kokolores passed hers?

Mikey

Yeah I did. Thanks for asking. Although I've only gotten the results of one, I'm sure I've passed the other four as well. By the way I'm a guy.
Kokolores is a german slang which can mean something like senseless blather or stupid jokes. Neither of those is really accurate it's pretty much impossible to translate it.

I'm free until mid of march. So whenever is fine with me I can arrange my planning as long as I know of it beforehand.

By the way I like that new map.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:47:00 PM by kokolores »
If there's something strange in the your neighborhood, who you gonna call?
Ghost Harry.
If there's something weird and it don't look good Who ya gonna call?
Ghost Harry.
I ain't afraid of no ghosts I ain't afraid of no ghosts

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2009, 02:44:20 PM »
Oh geez, sorry. I should have done a google on the name.
I'm still trying to avoid having you guys up until the wee hours of the morning. And it may take us a couple or few chats to come to a consensus.
So, I'm still thinking 3PM on the 27th.
Congrats on the exams.
I'm going to spend a couple of days going through the combined thread pdfs and writing down some things to discuss, or at least where to start.
I'm hoping once we get these things started, more people will join in.

Mikey

Yeah I did. Thanks for asking. Although I've only gotten the results of one, I'm sure I've passed the other four as well. By the way I'm a guy.
Kokolores is a german slang which can mean something like senseless blather or stupid jokes. Neither of those is really accurate it's pretty much impossible to translate it.

I'm free until mid of march. So whenever is fine with me I can arrange my planning as long as I know of it beforehand.

By the way I like that new map.

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
From the non-spoiler threads, something to incorporate into the maps:

City Colors

« on: Yesterday at 11:31:04 AM »   Quote

Hi everyone,

Im trying to make a list of all the cities and their colors, however, I can't find/remember them all. If you know any, please post below and I will add them to the list .

Thx,

PV

House of Gaius: Red + blue?
Antillus:
Phrygia:
Placida: green on green
Riva:
Aquitaine: scarlet + sable
Ceres:
Atticus:
Rhodes: gold + black
Parcia:
Kalare: green + grey
Forcia:

Palantir2
Mortal

Re: City Colors
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 05:16:48 PM »   Quote

Riva's colors are mentioned in the first couple chapters of PF- and how they clash with Bernard's.  Dont have mine handy atm.

Antillus' symbol is three diagonal red bars, so I would hazard that his colors are red and white.

Check Captain's Fury, during the siege of Ceres for those colors.

I cant recall the others being mentioned- even when everyone was in the Senatorium.

Offline Palantir2

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
Riva is Red and Gold.

No love on Ceres.

Offline belgarion

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 11, 2009, 08:53:24 PM »
Riva is Red and Gold.

No love on Ceres.

Thanks. When the First Lord's Fury comes out in November, we'll be able to finish up the maps (I hope) and add in all the little details that pop up, like the colors.

Mikey

Offline Puckvalan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

After listening to Academ's Fury again, I think there are some mistakes in the maps so far. I did not read the full 20 pages, so if these are already adressed, forgive me.

It is mentioned that after running 100 miles from Isanaholt, Fidelias had left the Calderon Valley. Compare this to days flying that people do and you would conclude that the Valley is quite tiny compared to Alera.
Also, it is mentioned when Lady Aquitaine is contacting the Windwolves in the Red Mountains that this is 500 times farther than Isana, who can contact Garisson from Isanahold. This also implies the Calderon Valley is quite small.

One other thing, I'm not quite sure about this, but I remember someone in the Valley thinking that the weather this far north of the capital is bad. This implies that the Valley is a lot more to the north (or the capital to the south).

Once again sorry if this has already been mentioned.

PV

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2009, 10:12:26 AM »
Jupp, it's a know issue, we've already decided to make it smaller during our Map-Chat session.

I just haven't gotten around to incorporating these changes yet. I hope to find the time this weekend.

Plus:
Ahhhh... SCALE !! AAAHHHHAAHHHH *runs away screaming in panic*

;D