Author Topic: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter-Faith Astor  (Read 8437 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter-Faith Astor
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 08:06:04 PM »
That is in Fool Moon.
"Indeed," Chauncy agreed. "Your mother was a most direct and willful woman. Her loss was a great sadness to all of us." I blinked, startled, and the pencil fell from my fingers. I stared at the demon for a moment. "You … you knew my mother? You knew Margaret Gwendolyn Dresden?" Chauncy regarded me without expression or emotion. "Many in the underworld were … familiar with her, Harry Blackstone Dresden, though under a different name. Her coming was awaited with great anticipation, but the Dark Prince lost her, in the end." "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:08:24 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2018, 08:09:29 PM »
Oh, and the feed ghost blood is something that occurs in Amber series.  It makes them more enduring.  So, we could have Cowl going around with Maggie Sr. 'ghost.'  It could explain why Cowl had a necromancy shield with him the whole time and we weren't seeing it.

Remember Harry had to have Sue to get close to the Darkhallow.  Corpustaker had the Indian guys.  Grevane had the

I forget who had what, but we never saw what Cowl had with him which shielded him from Darkhallow energies. What if Kumori was an undead person.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 08:15:28 PM by raidem »

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »
though under a different name

That sounds like a Mantle!  Interesting....
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2018, 08:18:35 PM »
You knew Margaret Gwendolyn Dresden?" Chauncy regarded me without expression or emotion. "Many in the underworld were … familiar with her, Harry Blackstone Dresden, though under a different name. Her coming was awaited with great anticipation, but the Dark Prince lost her, in the end."

Margaret Gwendolyn McCoy

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 08:25:23 PM »
Or LeFey

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »
Margaret Gwendolyn McCoy

Yeah that's true... However te Mantle idea is more fun lol...  I mean Jim said all the Senior Council members have basically super secret shit.  Harry has a Mantle and is young.  Molly has a Mantle...  I find it hard to believe that a trouble maker like Maggie at around 100 years of age didn't have one.
Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2018, 09:00:44 PM »
Good point.
They all have Aces up their sleeves.

Offline exartiem

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2018, 11:49:08 PM »
coming late to the thread.

So if Harry and Elaine had a secret child and she turned out to be Kumori, is there any reason Elaine couldn't be Cowl?

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 12:51:54 AM »
Cowl had lots of cuts on his, her arms.  Harry was pretty sure it was  a him.

I haven't concluded that the secret child is kumori as Elaine and a few others seem good alternatives but I do like the idea that faith is the secret child.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2018, 06:01:20 AM »
coming late to the thread.

So if Harry and Elaine had a secret child and she turned out to be Kumori, is there any reason Elaine couldn't be Cowl?

Harry could have been fooled, but I believe with some confidence he was able to recognize Cowl as male.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »
The Amber series has there "Cowl" figure end up being a female behind a mask.  Same female ends up being involved in a "I love you" plot.  She also was an ex-girlfriend of the protagonist.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »
Next thought, a necroed Kim Delaney is Kumori.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »
The Amber series has there "Cowl" figure end up being a female behind a mask.  Same female ends up being involved in a "I love you" plot.  She also was an ex-girlfriend of the protagonist.
This is a discussion about The Dresden Files. Not for the Chronicles of Amber. It's a fine series, but it really has nothing to do with the plot of Dresden.

I am firmly in the "no" camp on this theory. There's nothing in any of Faith's interactions with Harry that suggest any kind of connection at all, there's nothing in her behavior that suggests she has had any experience with the Nevernever, let alone having lived there for a chunk of her life, and shoehorning her into Harry's backstory does nothing to benefit the series as a whole and requires jumping through far too many hoops for it to make any amount of sense.

I don't see any point to it, and frankly it cheapens the series to have everything come from such a small world that everybody in it has to be intrinsically connected. It's like having Anakin build C-3PO.

Characters can appear in the series without having been previously connected to everyone else.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2018, 02:36:02 AM »
How about faith uses his name to draw them both back to that moment and the core of who he is? IDK Harry's core has ever really changed since then but... what if she's been saying his name and believing in him all this time, shaping him into the hero we know without his knowledge? just a fun idea.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »
This is a discussion about The Dresden Files. Not for the Chronicles of Amber. It's a fine series, but it really has nothing to do with the plot of Dresden.

It may or may not.  Jim enjoys taking ideas from other stories, and giving them as he said "a fresh coat of paint".  If he was inspired by some elements from Chronicles of Amber then there could be some similar things that pop up in the Dresden Files.