Author Topic: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter-Faith Astor  (Read 8528 times)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter-Faith Astor
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:56:49 PM »
New Theory: I was on discord conversing with some members there. And, I wondered about the cosmic powers wanting to get a child from Harry's. This partly arose by similar plots in Amber whereby so many powers tend to want Merlin to hook up with this person or that.  So, I broached the idea that Elaine and Harry may have had a child together.  That Elaine was pregnant at the time of Harry defeating Justin.  I included the following conversation where the original thoughts sprang from.  After his conversation, I had time to reflect on it. I am now wondering if Harry/Elaine's daughter is also Faith Astor who then becomes Kumori.  On subsequent reflection, I tend to believe that a Elaine=Kumori fit is a better one but still with Elaine having a daughter with Harry.

[11:08 AM] raidem: Yesterday, I was wondering if Elaine may have had a child with Harry.
[11:09 AM] ZQKing: Let's go with no
[11:09 AM] raidem: I would think that the higher powers would want to get Harry's kid.
[11:09 AM] Boustrophedonic: Obviously that child is Kumori
[11:09 AM] spaghettimonster: here we go again
crawls into the fortified bunker marked 'In Case of Raidem Theories'(edited)
[11:09 AM] Boustrophedonic: /s
[11:10 AM] raidem: Hmm.  Kumori being Elaine's/Harry daughter?(edited)
[11:10 AM] spaghettimonster: @Boustrophedonic stop giving him ideas
[11:10 AM] Boustrophedonic: Any kid they'd have would be about 25
[11:10 AM] raidem: I like it.
[11:10 AM] Boustrophedonic: If my math is right
[11:10 AM] ZQKing: I mean, let's go with a rough estimate that the last time they were together he was 16 or younger, she'd be in her twenties or close to thirties
[11:10 AM] ZQKing: nowhere near strong enough to ahve the kind of juice kumori has
[11:11 AM] ZQKing: Unless t i m e t r a v e l
[11:11 AM] raidem: It would fit with WOJL about Kumori's identity cause Harry pain.
[11:11 AM] Boustrophedonic: Harry was 25ish in Storm front
[11:11 AM] ZQKing: Wish we could find a source on the WOJ rai
[11:11 AM] raidem: I'll search google.
[11:12 AM] Boustrophedonic: @ZQKing or magical deals/natural talent/being the daughter of two Starborn
[11:14 AM] raidem: It makes sense.  Hey it is a new theory  based on my speculation about Elaine having a child with Harry, and then Boustrophedonic adding it is Kumori
[11:14 AM] Boustrophedonic: I have heard dumber theories on Kumori's identity(edited)
[11:14 AM] raidem: We and Boustrophedonic came up with a new theory (he did the Kumori part).
[11:14 AM] raidem: I like it.(edited)
[11:15 AM] raidem: I'll add it to the Forum.
[11:16 AM] raidem: Bous, you can add it to reddit if you want
[11:16 AM] Boustrophedonic: I was mostly fucking around,
[11:17 AM] raidem: It would also explain why people, Justin, brought two potential Starborn together.
[11:17 AM] raidem: And he wanted both to develop a sexual relationship.
[11:17 AM] raidem: It follows then that someone had a possible plan whereby Elaine would get pregnant.
[11:18 AM] raidem: It just depends on whether or not Harry and Elaine had sufficient time to do so.
[11:18 AM] Boustrophedonic: It hinges on the "Cowl=Justin" theory, where I believe that cowl is actually Simon
[11:18 AM] raidem: It works then too.
[11:18 AM] raidem: It also will piss off Harry all the more.
[11:19 AM] raidem: IdHarry tells Harry to protect the offspring.
[11:21 AM] Boustrophedonic: Oh duh, Simon and Justin used to work together
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:02:14 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 04:13:02 PM »
Now, I'm thinking maybe that Faith Astor is Harry and Elaine's daughter.
We know that Faith Astor kicks off the BAT, now we may know why she might be so important.
: There were already theories that had Faith Astor as Kumori. This just links Faith to be Harry's daughter.  I had long ago suggested that Faith Astor was Harry's daughter, but I linked her to a future child of Harry's.
I had argued that Harry sort of named "Faith" in Restoration of Faith.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 04:17:40 PM by raidem »

Offline Bacchus

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »
if so maybe the reason Elaine stayed home was due to morning sickness.
it would also explain why she didn't have the courage to face the white council as Dresden did when she hadn't violated any laws at all, and was a clear victim
in her place being pregnant and the extreme drive a mother has to protect her offspring would tip the scales to completely hiding from the white council.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity/Faith Astor-Elaine and Harry's daughter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
I hadn't thought of the 'morning sickness.'

Faith Astor
parent’s dream at eight or nine years old, with her dimples and dark pigtails—even in her street-stained schoolgirl’s uniform. And she had strong legs.
“Ten,” shouted the girl, furious. “I’m ten, you insensitive jerk!” She started kicking again, and I kept myself more or less out of the way of her feet.

Harry's duster: “It belongs on the set of El Dorado,” she snapped. “Who are you supposed to be, Ichabod Crane or the Marlboro Man?” I snorted. “I’m a wizard.”
“So you can vapor him?” she asked, her voice unsteady. “Hell, no. So we can run.” “But what about . . . ?” She touched the ring on my hand. “I lied, kid.” “What!?” “I lied,” I repeated. “I’m not a good liar, but trolls aren’t too bright. It was just a light show, but he fell for it, and that’s all that counts.”
“So go on. I’ll walk up to the police after you’re gone. Or something.” She was lying. I’m not sure how I could tell, but I could.

I took a breath, in the dark, and asked, “What’s your name?” She was silent for a moment and then said, in a very uncertain voice, “Faith.”
“Faith,” I said. I smiled, so that she could hear it. “My name’s Harry Dresden.” “Hi,” she said, her voice a whisper. “Hi. Have you ever seen something like this?” I cupped my hand, summoned some of the last dregs of my power, and cast a warm, glowing light into the ring on my right hand. It lit Faith’s face, and I could see on her smooth cheeks the streaks of the tears I had not heard. She shook her head.

This reminds me of IdHarry's command "protect the offspring."
Her fingers felt very small and very warm inside of mine, and a fierce surge of determination coursed through me. No matter what happened, I would let no harm come to this child.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:21:01 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Kumori's Identity-Elaine and Harry's daughter-Faith Astor
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 05:32:06 PM »
EG points out a wrinkle in the timeline and I respond with a counterpoint that Elaine sought shelter from Titania in Summer. The nevernever may have different rates of time in relation to Earth time so the (Harry/Elaine child being Faith can't be rules out via Earth timeline.)

[12:54 PM] -EG-: Because everyone who has a kid is a good parent, or has that kid for the right reasons?
"I fell silent for several paces as I carried her. It was hard to hear that from a kid. A ten-year-old girl's world should be full of music and giggling and notes and dolls and dreams-not harsh, barren, jaded reality." -Restoration of Faith
The timeline has this story at 2 or 3 years prior to Storm Front. Making him 22-23 years old. Which means Elaine would have had to have given birth at 12 or 13, and that they had sex at 12 or 13. These two were inseparable growing up, Harry's not gonna notice her pregnant, the first girl he ever loved?
Just because Harry stuck it in something doesn't mean he's gonna have a kid everytime.(edited)
[12:57 PM] ZQKing: Good eye n the timeline.
[1:01 PM] raidem: Yep, the timeline screws the theory up for Faith Astor, unless she gets placed in the nevernever.
[1:01 PM] raidem: We do know Elaine sought shelter from Titania.
[1:02 PM] raidem: So, Elaine could be pregnant at 16, goes to the nevernever and Faith Astor's apparent age between nevernever and when she resorts to Earth Time is 10 years at time of Restoration of Faith.(edited)
[1:07 PM] raidem: Actually, another thing from Amber series is the fact that these differences in rates of time in the shadows vs Amber allows for main characters to encounter their great grandchildren
[1:08 PM] raidem: So, it wouldn't be a stretch to figure that there is some age distortion in the background with regard to some of Harry's potential progeny. And, this doesn't even require time travel, just visits/some life within the nevernever.(edited)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:37:00 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:34:28 PM »
Timeline doesn't work out.  For Harry to not know, Elaine would have had to be pregnant shortly before everything went to hell, otherwise he'd have seen the signs.  Harry is 16 when that happens.  He's 23 or 24 when he meets Faith, who is emphatic about her being 10 years old.

ALSO, Jim has already done the "secret kid" thing once before, it'd be bad story telling to go to that well again.

ALSO ALSO, there's no evidence whatsoever that Faith was adopted.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »
I just pointed out the NeverNever as a means to make Faith Astor's age not line up with the Timeline.  Elaine did in fact seek shelter in Summer, part of the Nevernever that may have different rates of time relative to Earth Time.

So, around Harry's and Elaine's age of 16, Harry defeats Justin and burns down the house. Pregnant Elaine would be 16'ish. She sought shelter in Summer where she gave birth to Faith.  Faith's age of 10 includes part of NeverNever age and part of Earth time.

ALSO, Jim has already done the "secret kid" thing once before, it'd be bad story telling to go to that well again.
Jim has already done the "secret kid" twice.  Maggie Jr. and then Bonnie. No reason to stop now.

ALSO ALSO, there's no evidence whatsoever that Faith was adopted.
The Astors treat Faith as a trophy of the perfect child for their parties, then really have little to do with her other than that.  I don't think that has the feel of real Mother/Father child bond.  When the parents find out that Faith has escaped they hire Harry and Nick to retrieve her. Then Lie about Harry and Nick having kidnapped them.  The Parents are already engaged in deceit, deception.  I see no reason why their parentage of Faith isn't deception too.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 05:45:46 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 05:44:19 PM »
Yeah, but living in the NN for a long period of time does bad things to humans, unless they were importing food for her and her kid.  And as far as I recall, we don't have any evidence that Elaine actually was living in the NN, just under the protection of Titania, who we saw has other sites in the real world.  Plus, when Harry tries to reach out to Elaine, he's running through the changes to her Name to try to make contact, and having a kid would be a major part of that that he doesn't take into account.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 05:55:50 PM »
"I got out of the house before you and Justin were finished," she said finally. "His spells had begun to unravel, and I was struggling against them. Confused, terrified. I must have run. I don't even remember doing it." "But where have you been?" I asked. "Elaine, I looked for you for years. Years." "Where you couldn't have found me, Harry. You or anyone else. I found sanctuary. A place to hide. But there was a price, and that's why I'm here." She looked up at me, and though her features were calm and smooth, I could see the fear in her eyes, hear it coloring her voice. "I'm in trouble."

We later find out that Titania provided that shelter.
"It's complicated," she said. "But the short version is that I was granted asylum by the Summer Court of the Sidhe."

That suggests Elaine sought shelter in the Summer Court. And, we know that Harry survived with Earth food for a few months in Arctis Tor with mortal food.  I don't think it is beyond impossibility that food, etc was provided for Elaine and her child, if she had one.  It could mean, if true, that Elaine is protecting her child from being known.

I think we need to keep track of all of Harry's flings, to include Harry's fling with Mab on the stone table.  We don't know exactly what all became of that.  I mean we saw that a Bonnie was created via a Fallen's shadow and Harry.  Harry banging Mab on a Stone Table in a region where the Stone Table exists may be more "Real" in a qualitative manner than even in the real world.  Harry did after all sacrifice Slate on the Stone Table. He had as much physicality to do that.  This then opens the question as to what becomes of this possible conception.  I mean if we go down this angle I could have Marcone, Faith Astor, or some other figures as potentially being Mab/Harry's offspring but with a timetravel origin.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:15:25 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 06:17:38 PM »
Yes, but we've also seen that both Winter and Summer have outposts in the real world, in the under city for Winter and wherever that building was for Summer.

Basically, for Faith to be Harry's kid, the following needs to be true.

Elaine got pregnant shortly before everything went to hell
AND she found shelter with Summer in the Never-Never
AND it was a part of the Never-Never that was at a higher speed
AND she then gave up that child
AND that child somehow didn't remember any of the other stuff in the Never-Never despite living there for at least two years, and probably more
AND Elaine didn't mention it to Harry
AND didn't even let it affect her enough to change her Name
AND she then got adopted by a family in the same city in which Harry was living
AND her adopted parents decided to call Harry's boss to get her back when she ran away Admittedly, this doesn't require the assumptions, given that it's a strong focus of the company Harry worked for

VS
Faith is the biological child of jackass parents who live in Chicago

And that's without getting into her being Kumori on top of that.

Granted, technically, if you're willing to bring time travel into it (again) I can't authoritatively disprove it.  But it requires so many specific, highly unlikely, things to happen, it's really not a reasonable theory.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 06:20:52 PM »
I'll file it under possibility, as one of my crazy wags.  It springs though from the belief that the powers would want to have Harry's offspring.  And, what better way to get an offspring than to engineer the situation to get it.

I'm also reminded of this exchange between Harry and Maeve.
Maeve idly stretched out a hand. A goblet of some golden liquid appeared in her fingers and rimed over with frost as I watched. She took a sip of the drink, whatever it was, and then said, "First, I will name my price."
"There'd better be a blue light special. I don't have much to trade, all things considered."
"True. I cannot ask for a claim over you, because Queen Mab has that already. But let me see." She tapped a fingernail to her lips again and then said, "Your issue."
"Eh?" I said, glibly. "Your issue, wizard," she said, toying with a violet dreadlock. "Your offspring. Your firstborn. And in exchange I will give you the knowledge you seek."
"News flash, Goldilocks. I don't have any children."
Maeve laughed. "Naturally not. But the details could be arranged."
Evidently that was a cue. The dark pool of maybe-water stirred, drawing my eye. Ripples whispered as they lapped at the edges of the pool.
"What's that?" Billy whispered to me.
The waters parted, and a Sidhe girl rose out of the pool. She was tall, slender, water sliding down over pale, naked, supple curves.

It seems to me that Maeve may know something about Harry's 'firstborn' or Harry having one that Harry is clueless about. And if not, it still proves the point that the powers are interested in getting offspring from Harry.
Remember, Lasciel just relished the thought of getting Bonnie because it partly sprang from Harry.

It makes me wonder now if Mab had at any point taken advantage of Harry, unbeknownst to him, to obtain a child with him.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:29:52 PM by raidem »

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
And that's without getting into her being Kumori on top of that.

Yeah, the Kumori bit is just adding an additional layer of improbabilities on top.  I think it is good to examine it though. Had I not investigated the Elaine/Harry have a child theory, the Kumori being that child wouldn't have been explored, nor would the Faith Astor being the child get explored.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:32:21 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2018, 06:31:35 PM »
Except that Maeve specifically says Harry doesn't have a kid.  And going off her apparent desire to make the firstborn, it suggests that's what she's thinking of.

Granted, maybe she could lie even then, but I'm skeptical of that. 

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2018, 06:33:00 PM »
Granted, maybe she could lie even then, but I'm skeptical of that.

Harry points out to Maeve that she violated guest right during that meeting.
polite. "Sorry, sweetie, but I have a couple problems with that offer." Maeve's lips tightened. "And those would be?" "One. I'm not handing over a child to you. Not mine, not anyone's, not now, and not ever. If you had a brain in your head, you'd have known that." Maeve's already pale face blanched even more, and she sat bolt upright on her throne. "You dare—" "Shut up," I snarled, and it came out loud enough to ring off the walls of the ballroom. "I'm not finished." Maeve jerked as though I'd slapped her. Her mouth dropped open, and she blinked at me. "I came here under your invitation and protection. I am your guest. But in spite of that you've thrown glamour at me anyway." I stood up, my hands spread on the table, leaning toward her for emphasis. "I don't have time for this crap. You don't scare me, lady," I said. "I only came here for answers—but if you keep pushing me, I'm going to push back. Hard."

She violated Winter Law regarding Guest Rights.  I think at this point she is infected.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:39:17 PM by raidem »

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »
That I chalk up to one of those "if you can get away with it" things.  Harry certainly doesn't react as though it's an outright impossibility.