Author Topic: Fudge Dice  (Read 10455 times)

Offline Big Simon

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Fudge Dice
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 06:20:05 AM »
Not so bad if you go in with your whole gaming group.  It's $3 a set if you order 7 or more sets at once.

The funny thing about crystalcaste pricing is that  26 dice are more than five bucks cheaper than buying
25 dice.  Who in their right mind wouldn't save $5.50 and just order one more die, even if they just toss
it in the trash when it shows up?

Might want to check your numbers.  In quantities of 26 to 99 dice, Crystal Caste charges 85 cents per side.  That means each 18mm die will run $3.40 (assuming two blank sides).  That means each set will cost $13.60.  Now, they'll be awesome and completely personalized to your gaming group, but that's pretty darn expensive, if you ask me.

They'll be a little cheaper if you go with 16mm dice, at 75 per side or $3.00 per die (again, assuming two blank sides).  That's still twelve bucks for four dice.

Now... if we could all bundle up the cash and make a purchase from Chessex in bulk, we could get them for as little as 37 cents per side (which is still a pretty spendy $1.48 per die, mind you), but we'd need to order over 1000 dice (that is, 250 complete sets), and we'd have to agree on the same colors and symbols.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 06:39:42 AM by Big Simon »

Offline badmojojojo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »

Now... if we could all bundle up the cash and make a purchase from Chessex in bulk, we could get them for as little as 37 cents per side (which is still a pretty spendy $1.48 per die, mind you), but we'd need to order over 1000 dice (that is, 250 complete sets), and we'd have to agree on the same colors and symbols.

I'll check the Chessex booth at Comic Con. Maybe I'll find the q-workshop fudge dice there.
Currently reading: Dead Beat

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »
How can this be out of stock everywhere???

They can be out of stock everywhere because there was a run on them, and the restocks are on the slow boat from China to Boston. When they arrive, they've got to be packaged and then shipped off to distributors, who then need to send them out to stores and such.

Offline austinmonster

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2010, 05:27:38 AM »
We had a great idea this weekend while making characters down during a power-outage in a beach-house.  One of my players was complaining that the dice hated him and were too random.

I realized that if you take a deck of 54 playing cards, put + on 18 of them with a sharpee, - on 18 of them, and leave the other 18 untouched, and just deal out four cards per action, you have a wonderful little substitute for the fate dice.  All to the tune of one dollar no less.

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »
interesting development:
http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/2010/06/29/the-problem-with-being-a-small-company/comment-page-2/#comment-9129
That's what they said at DresdaCon.

Fred described three sets of dice I believe.  I may be crazy but I believe they were (1) glow in the dark (ectoplasm), (2) clear with red interior specks, and (3) clear with blue interior specks.  One of those might've been yellow interior.

Anyone else that was there can correct or validate this?
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 06:37:21 AM »
jo, that sounds good.

being stuck here in old world austria, i hear nothing of dresdacon or other cons. so if somebody has more information to share i would like to know.

Offline ludomaniac

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 12:19:33 PM »
I just searched the term "Dresden Files" on eBay and turned up a dozen auctions for FUDGE dice.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

Offline zhul

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:09 PM »
Until any official DresdenDice come out, getting blank dice and customizing them is the most fun idea. :) Blank dice are dirt cheap at my local gaming store and it gives me an excuse to get some fancy permanent markers.
"We're locked into the moon's gravitational pull! What do we do?"
The commander stoically met his lieutenant's frightened gaze and replied,
"We die."

Offline Doc Nova

• Conversationalist
  • Who needs a cab?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 02:30:58 AM »
No reason to go to Chessex to find Q-workshop dice at Gen-Con...just go to the Q-workshop booth...

Offline Nyarlathotep5150

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 05:00:30 AM »
I just searched the term "Dresden Files" on eBay and turned up a dozen auctions for FUDGE dice.

true. but I'm prettysure the original poster was looking for the GM pack (which has 5 sets of dice in one pack for about $12-$15), as I myself am.
   The ebay auctions (though the stock pictures are misleading) are for single sets. And at a cost of roughly $4 +$4 shipping per set, and needing 1 set per player. I'll just use regular d6's and do the mental conversion until I find something more reasonably priced... I mean, they don't even look like high quality dice.

Offline Beastttt

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2010, 02:41:28 AM »
you could use Zombie Dice
there are 4 yellow dice each has 2 shotgun blasts,2 run away, and 2 Brains

if you want you can pull 2 yellow dice out and ad 1 red die(3 Shotgun blasts 2 run away and 1 brains)
1 green die(1 shotgun blast 2 run away and 3 brains)

Offline mostlyawake

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 04:19:06 AM »
I wrote grey ghost press and asked about this. A very nice lady named Ann wrote back and said she had placed an order with the manufacturer 3 months ago, the order is now several weeks late. In the meantime she has only white fudge dice, and not that many.  However, she found a spare gm pack laying around and shipped it to me ($15+$5s&h).  I also ordered the dice directly from a UK supplier (thediceshoponline.com), buying the individual dice to get a gm pack cost me $30USD (but they are a present so w/e).   

Offline Plebe

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
  true. but I'm prettysure the original poster was looking for the GM pack (which has 5 sets of dice in one pack for about $12-$15), as I myself am.
   The ebay auctions (though the stock pictures are misleading) are for single sets. And at a cost of roughly $4 +$4 shipping per set, and needing 1 set per player. I'll just use regular d6's and do the mental conversion until I find something more reasonably priced... I mean, they don't even look like high quality dice.

I searched for "fudge dice" on eBay and saw those stock photo auctions, but also found 10 auctions from another seller who's selling sets of Fudge dice separately, but the auctions end in like 10 minutes.

I got a Deryni pack of black and white dice a while back and they're solid dice--at least as solid as Chessex dice.

Offline Edrac

• Participant
  • Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 08:18:35 AM »
If anyone is still looking for a GM pack of Fudge dice Indie Press Revolution has some in stock! Just ordered mine. 56 left (as of this writing)

http://www.indiepressrevolution.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17098&cat=279&hotseller
Cin vhetin
Once a person takes up the armor their past does not matter anymore.
Mandalorian Concept