Author Topic: Walking dead character  (Read 1590 times)

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Walking dead character
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:08:38 PM »
I want to make an undead character for my game and I was kind of thinking of taking it in a sort of Mary Shelly's Frankestein direction only thing is I can't come up with anything more than that so any ideas are extreamly appreciated lol
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Walking dead character
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »
Spawn.

The Crow.

Just 2 that comes to mind.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
You could make him a refined Golem of some sort that has been set free by his creator. But that's just an idea from the top of my head. It would have to be tweaked a lot though, as Golems aren't supposed to speak all that much and could be considered to be just some sort of construct for some spirit or daemon out of the Nevernever.

A Golem would be more like Walking not living then Walking dead. But I guess that could be said about Frankensteins creation as well. Fluid terms as Gawain said in Dead Beat *g*.

Strength and Toughness should be pretty high for such a being, as Speed and Recovery Powers shouldn't be part of the equation at all, at least not in my opinion...

In any case you'll have to create some kind of template by yourself to make this happen. By design the living dead seem not supposed to be part of the PC pool in the DFRPG, perhaps they come from the bad end of things in the Dresdenvers. Something like Frankenstein should be possible though.
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:08:39 PM »
[-4] Supernatural Strength
[-4] Supernatural Toughness
[+2] Catch: holy stuff
[-1] Living Dead
[-1] Flesh Mask (if you want to cover the fact that you are living dead)
[-1] Unstoppable (stunt - use Might as defense vs physical attacks)

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:06:38 PM »
I wouldn't do Flesh Mask. Human Guise would do it.

-1 Claws (Very Big, Hard Fists)
-4 Supernatural Strength
-4 Supernatural Toughness
+2/+3 The Catch (Holy or Fire, Frankenstein was never shown to have trouble with items of faith)
-1 Living Dead
-1 Human Guise (if he can hide it)
-2 Hulking Size (perhaps)
Fit a Stunt or two in there if you can. I'd make a Stunt that uses Endurance instead of Might, and have Fists at five as well.

Take either Catch, and cut off Hulking or Guise if you need to. Have Endurance and Fists at the top. Conviction below it perhaps, and Intimidation for sure.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 06:39:54 PM »
I wouldn't do Flesh Mask. Human Guise would do it.

-1 Claws (Very Big, Hard Fists)
-4 Supernatural Strength
-4 Supernatural Toughness
+2/+3 The Catch (Holy or Fire, Frankenstein was never shown to have trouble with items of faith)
-1 Living Dead
-1 Human Guise (if he can hide it)
-2 Hulking Size (perhaps)
Fit a Stunt or two in there if you can. I'd make a Stunt that uses Endurance instead of Might, and have Fists at five as well.

Take either Catch, and cut off Hulking or Guise if you need to. Have Endurance and Fists at the top. Conviction below it perhaps, and Intimidation for sure.

maybe silver instead of holy stuff but yeah i totally think this works as a template thanks
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...