Author Topic: This is a SPOILERS OKAY zone  (Read 116446 times)

Offline synergysigns

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Butchers in Richmond
Re: This is a SPOILERS OKAY zone
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 05:20:52 AM »
I think it will be kept in the Spoilers zone without spoiler tag.
what we have is a publicly available blurb, some conjectures and a lot of imagination. :P

Offline Icecream

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 07:41:01 AM »
I think it will be kept in the Spoilers zone without spoiler tag.
what we have is a publicly available blurb, some conjectures and a lot of imagination. :P

There's some other spoilers around that we're not allowed to mention  :)

Offline wildone654

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
And perhaps a lot of wizards don't like cities?

Offline Kathryn Rose

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »
On the same note, please do not put spoilers in the subject line...the main board shows the most recent topic title, so there's a possibility you could accidently spoil someone with the topic title, even though you're posting on the spoiler board.

What's the process for when people do this?  Right now there are a couple of posts on the first page that have spoilery titles.
(click to show/hide)

I enjoy reading the board, but I start to worry when people start posting about a book that isn't out yet.  I don't like to hear anything about what's in a book until i get to read it and take the ride.  I get that other people like to talk about leaked and hinted info. I just don't trust that info is always labeled. (I got spoiled for something in Cold Days before the book was released. I read it the day it came out.)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »
What's the process for when people do this?  Right now there are a couple of posts on the first page that have spoilery titles.
(click to show/hide)

I enjoy reading the board, but I start to worry when people start posting about a book that isn't out yet.  I don't like to hear anything about what's in a book until i get to read it and take the ride.  I get that other people like to talk about leaked and hinted info. I just don't trust that info is always labeled. (I got spoiled for something in Cold Days before the book was released. I read it the day it came out.)

Are you talking about speculation or about stuff from the sample chapters / public statements by Jim ahead of release? If the former, there's really nothing we could (or should) do about that, but if the latter, use the "Report to moderator" button. Don't worry; it's not a "snitch to the teacher" thing; it's just a helpful shortcut to aid us in our clerical-detail work (there aren't many of us and it's physically impossible for us to check every thread all the time, so any help is greatly appreciated). Or, alternately, you could address a post to the person who made the post in question, but if the person isn't constantly active here, it may not get fixed quickly, so "Report to moderator" is usually the most efficient route.

As for the specific examples you gave... well, the first one is definitely still an off-base kind of thing, as it touches on events in CD, but the second one is from a number of books ago and is thus exempt from the forum's standard of "nothing from the latest book".
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Kathryn Rose

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 03:56:42 AM »
Are you talking about speculation or about stuff from the sample chapters / public statements by Jim ahead of release?

I figure sample chapters are fair game if they're labeled.  I read everything as soon as I know about it.  But, for example, after I posted the question, I was reading a thread about what characters we'd like to see again.  There's no spoilers in the original post, but there are in comments, and someone called the person on it, but all they did was apologize and leave it there.  I think people take for granted that everyone knows the leaked stuff, and there's no concern about people who don't want to know it. 
(click to show/hide)
  I wish I didn't know that, but apparently it leaked long enough ago that people don't even think about it being a spoiler.

I hate to pester the moderators with a lot of notifications. Thanks for the reply.

Offline SKndstorm

• Lurker
    • View Profile
This is a SPOILERS OKAY zone
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 03:20:41 PM »
it just keeps staying funny. i wish they would do this with more lost footage lol

Offline Warden Ryan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Changes and Skin Game Spoiler
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 10:17:30 PM »
In Skin Game pg 146 Harry says, "Martin saw a chance to wipe out the whole Red Court. All of them. He popped Susan in the face with the knowledge of his treachery and she just snapped." That's not true. Harry realized his chance and popped Susan in the face with this knowledge when he asked her who knew where Maggie was before she was taken.

Does anyone know if this was a mistake on Jim's part or was Harry lying during his confession to Michael?

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 09:32:06 AM »
I would say that maybe Harry was distancing himself as self-preservation.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?