Author Topic: Aspect brainstorming thread  (Read 15747 times)

Offline Moriden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Aspect brainstorming thread
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:01 PM »
I've looked into the abyss...its name is bob

Invoke: you've spent way to much time looking into things you shouldn't and learned amnyt hings dureing that time, use whenver invokeing dark, obscure or forbidden magic.

Compel: Your soul is scarred by knowledge man was literally not meant to know, this leaves you strange, frequently in pain, and liable to say or do something extremely inhuman or otherwise off without realizing it.  

Brian Blacknight
Brian Blacknight

Offline Wizard H

• Posty McPostington
  • A.K.A. Wizard H
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:39 PM »
Ok I need some help here people. I am looking for a good high concept name for a thief from a lower class background that enjoys the finer things in life and pretends to be from a much higher social class. I feel like there is a word for pretending to be from a higher social class but i can't think of what it is. 

Gentleman Thief
It's like Harry Potter got drunk and lost his virginity to the Ghostbusters.-Denarian XD
DV Wizard H V1.2 YR10 FR4 BK+++ RP++ JB++ TH++ WG+++ CL+++ SW+ BC++ MC++++ SH[Murphy+++++,Molly++,Lara+,Mab--,Maeve---] TT! MS++ MsD-- FF+++

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »
Ok I need some help here people. I am looking for a good high concept name for a thief from a lower class background that enjoys the finer things in life and pretends to be from a much higher social class. I feel like there is a word for pretending to be from a higher social class but i can't think of what it is. 

Larcenous poser
Lawful Chaotic

Offline flymolo

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2010, 08:48:43 PM »
Stolen Blue Blood
High class conman
Thief above his station

Offline trubrujah

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »

I'd use two seperate aspects.  Have one of your story aspects be: Pretender to the Throne.  Invoke when trying to fit in with the people where you don't truly belong.  Get it compelled to force you to keep up with the rich Joneses next store.  (Sure you really needed some new burglary tools, but that 60in plasma TV is bigger than George's next door).

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2010, 10:29:42 PM »

What? I found this rolex.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:32:08 PM by KOFFEYKID »

Offline trubrujah

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »
Here are some of my favorites from brainstorming with a friend.  I've always been a fan of the saying type aspects.

"I got this."
Invoke: Wherever tackling a dangerous situation by yourself.
Compel: Player, "I could really use some help here!"  GM, "No, no, you got this."

"At least it can't get any worse..."
Invoke:  When making things worse for your opponent.
Compel: To make things worse for you.  Much worse.

"...except me."
Invoke:  There is always an exception to the rule, and you are it.  Invoke when being the exception to the rule will help you in a situation.  (A drive by happens and a bunch of people are hit with bullets ...except you.)
Compel:  When being the exception to the rule would be bad in a situation.  (A single gun shot rings out, and everyone appears uninjured ...except you.)

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Ok need more Idea help

character was burned in a fire as a child so he will not use fire magic and focuses on water and air. I need a better Aspect than "Fire Bad!!"
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
Ok need more Idea help

character was burned in a fire as a child so he will not use fire magic and focuses on water and air. I need a better Aspect than "Fire Bad!!"

"The Burned Hand Teaches Fear"

Offline Vash the white

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »
So this is an aspect i had for a character when i used to play sotc
"oooh shit"
Invoke: well its pretty much a fate point giver
Compel:you dont ralize how screwed you are untill it gets worse
"THIS WORLD IS MADE OF! LOVE AND PEACE!LOVE AND PEACE!"

Offline Ravangames

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »
You are your own backup.

Invoke:
There are times that you can handle the situation on your own.

Compel:
And then there are times you should have called for backup.

Thirst for Knowledge:

Invoke:
You are really determined to find out that piece of information

Compel:
Sometimes that information costs you something.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:34:17 PM by Ravangames »