Author Topic: Please help with this High Concept & Template?  (Read 955 times)

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Please help with this High Concept & Template?
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:59:12 AM »
Hello all, can I get some opinions on whether this High Concept, would work for a child from the issues going on between Loyd Slate, Lily (Pre-Summer Lady), and Aurora?

Character Name:
Sebastion Green (Last name is a lie.)

Player Name:
Larry

Template:
I am not sure perhaps Changeling?

High Concept Aspect:
Child of Lily and Slate

Musts:
Seelie Magic:      -4
   -Cold Iron:      +2, Cuts right through his magic.
Glamours:         -2
Refinement:      -1,
Refinement:      -1
Inhuman Toughness:   -2
   -Cold Iron:      +2

Trouble Aspect:
Winter & Summer want me!

Background:
   As far as he knows he grew up in a orphanage on the south side of Oak Park, Illinois.  However he doesn't know that these memories were actually planted by Aurora.  A few months before the incidents of Summer Knight, Lily had come to her begging to have something done for the child, since she had been raped by Loyd Slate and was pregnant. 
   Aurora, agreed to help in exchange for her helping with a small situation that would develop in a few months, (The incidents of Summer Knight).  She agreed and Aurora forced her into a hyper accelerated version of labor, that birthed the child over the next cycle of the moon. 
   Aurora then sent the new born child to be raised at an orphanage run by a Sylph and made Lily forget about the child.  Strangely the magic that Lily used to cause the birth didn't end therem but made the child grow up at an incredible rate and within a year he appeared at the age of 5, and within 2 he seemed be 20 years old. 
   He had all the knowledge that he would have gained had he lived through those years, but it was gained through magic. 

Phase Aspect
Brought up quick!

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Please help with this High Concept & Template?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »
You can't take a Catch on magic, technically speaking.

I'd go with the following:

Seelie Magic:      -4
Glamours:         -2
Refinement:      -1
Refinement:      -1
Inhuman Recovery: -2
Inhuman Toughness:   -2
   -Cold Iron:      +3

If you really want the extra Item Slots from Refinement, that is. You can only use them for Item Slots, so that seems a bit unnecessary to me. Personally, I'd skip them and maybe get another Inhuman physical power.

The concept works fine (if managing to be icky). Maybe just have him be raised in some part of the Nevernever where times moves at 10 times normal speed instead? That'd make him actually 20, and allow the whole Fish out of Water thing, which is cool.