Author Topic: Aspect brainstorming thread  (Read 15864 times)

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
Re: Aspect brainstorming thread
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 03:33:49 PM »
Chauncy's B$*#@ has always been invisioned as a cross between The Dude and Winston Wolf.
I even use the the vernacular, The B$*#@.

The B$*#@ abides.....
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Knave

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »
Heh... an aspect Thomas Raith surely must have:

Cooler than you.

Invoke to elicit a fanboy response, or to show someone up.
Compel same...but in a bad way or at an inappropriate time, or associated jealousy.

and

What, this old thing?

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 01:58:29 AM »
Home-Made Saint

You used to be a normal person...until you were changed. Now you are...different in a more holy way.

Invoke:
You tap into your holier-than-normal, cosmic power.

Compel:
The source of your power gives your ass a mission.

Failed Ascension Rite

Maybe your boy/girlfriend tried to make you a Virgin Sacrifice and you killed their virgin ass instead, or maybe you attempted it yourself and you forgot to add the magical keg. One way or another, an Ascension rite failed and you ended up in the middle of an uncontrolled magical Nuclear Implosion.

Invoke:
You tap the weird powers the rite conferred upon you. You glow...

Compel:
The rite had unexpected consequences. You don't absorb that much magic without something weird happening.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
Spirited Away
As a baby or very young child you were snatched away to the Nevernever by one of the Fae and raised there . You abide by the rules and strictures of the Fae court but only by training and habit and have a deeper understanding of court politics than any other mortal. But now you are back in the mortal world.

Invoke: to contact, bargain or communicate with the Fae and Navigate the Nevernever. You may have access to knowledge and resources reserved for the Fae.

Compel: The mortal world and its rules are a mystery to you. You always keep your word (to the letter)and  assume other people will keep theirs. You use strange patterns of speech.  Obligations or entanglements from your past may return.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
Baseball Player-turned-Kinetomancer

You used to be a really crappy pitcher until you found... "The Magic" which is both your talent for Kinetomancy and the name of your resultant 200 mile an hour Fast Ball.

Invoke: Your let loose with, "The Magic"

Compel: A Baseball Player with the Kinetomantic edge is a magnet for accusations of juicing, especially when your magic breaks the testing equipment

The following 2 Aspects were designed for a character that will never see the light of day, Silent Tom, the Hetero-Lifemate of Clay, Demon-Killer and Three-Eye Dealer.
I posted Instrument of God before, but this write up is more fluffy.

Instrument of God

God chose you to smite the forces of evil... ...you think. Either that or you took a really bad hit.

Invoke: Snoogans! Your divine power kicks evil's ass!

Compel: The lord commands you!.....you think.....

Spirit Sword

You have mastered the Ancient Jedi Magical art of channeling your spirit energy into sword form. It isn't much, but you always have it. It's a part of your soul....

Invoke: You have access to the Sword for the scene. You may be able to change its shape for more utility such as a crowbar, haligan, axe, hammer, or kusari-gama.

Compel: You're out of juice....Or something. ???

Animal Necromancer

You just wanted Fluffy back. There goes that idea.... You don't break the 5th law of Magic, you get off on a technicality. Now you have an army of dogs, cats and parakeets that can fight for you.

Invoke: You use your powers for good.

Compel: You ride the line towards breaking the 5th Law.

Displaced Time-Traveler

Your best friend was a Chronomancer, until the Wardens cut his head off....in the middle of a ritual. The Wardens say you are an innocent bystander. The Gatekeeper said, "Son, you're on your own..." Now you are stuck in the wrong time and the magic that sent you here has Swiss-cheesed your brain to Hellenic Times and back.

Invoke: You see visions of the possible futures, the past, and all the possibilities in between. For you it's like remembering the notes of a favorite song. When you are in-sync you know what will happen before it happens.

Compel: Entropy is a bitch. So is the butterfly effect. YOU DIDN'T BUILD THE FRACKING RITUAL!

From The Other Side of The Gate

You aren't from this reality, or at least your soul isn't.

Invoke: You have pseudo-kooky powers, USE THEM!

Compel: You aren't from this reality. That can make things....difficult.

Resurrected Rite, Came Back Wrong

You lucky sumbitch, some genius necromancer resurrected you. But, you came back...wrong. Coming back, your body isn't exactly what it was. Additionally, you saw everything that is, everything that was and everything that will ever be in an instant.

Invoke: You ain't gonna die again! You got powers! You got a second chance!

Compel: True resurrection is rare. Some people want your soul back and others want to poke and prod you. Plus, coming back wrong has mucked things up.

Two-Fisted Warden

You're a Warden of the White Council and you live for your job. You use not one Warden's Sword, but two.

Invoke: You make with the Snicker-Snack!

Compel: Being a Warden is pain sometimes. Two-fisted executions, phone calls and paper work.

Magical MacGuyver

You are an expert at using easy-to-find components for big spells of all kinds.

Invoke: You can rearrange the Cosmos with table salt, chalk and tap water. No one should make you break out the roll of duct tape...

Compel: Your rituals, though ingenious aren't always reliable....

« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:14:02 AM by Lanodantheon »

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2010, 12:50:58 AM »
This aspect goes right along with the afore mentioned, "From The Other Side of The Gate"

Keeper of The Files of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

This new multiverse your are in feels.... strangely familiar. Lucky you kept your favorite books with you!

Invoke: Your knowledge serves you well....

Compel: You confuse/concern people with the detailed knowledge you have.

Offline mrsleep

• Conversationalist
  • I eat children. Just sayin'...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2010, 12:49:21 AM »
Keeper of The Files of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

That's pleasantly twisted.

I have to ask, are you only setting a game in Spokane or do you actually live there?

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2010, 02:49:03 AM »
I have to ask, are you only setting a game in Spokane or do you actually live there?

I live in Spokane and have for 19 years. Lots of real world experience to draw from.

Offline kytanos

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2010, 04:12:33 AM »
Hey, I live in spokane too. Maybe we can get a local game going ^_^

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
What the hell does everyone else on here live in spokane too!
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »

Well crap.....Looks like I could have a really fun summer. Though I suggest if we want to start a game together we start a new thread or just start messaging each other.

Back on topic!!! (It makes the Moderators happy)

Serial Killer of The Paranormal

You are a stalker of the night, a predator. Normally, you would have been just another Serial Killer, hunted by the authorities and eventually executed. But having learned about the Supernatural world, you've found prey that are perfectly okay to hunt.

Invoke: You stalk the night and make the things that go bump shutter.

Compel:
You have to hunt....

Heavy Metal Queen/King

You are metal! Or at least you're in a Heavy Metal Band.

Invoke: You have influence over your fans and you know things related to Heavy Metal.

Compel:
You have to play. Plus, Metal has affected your hearing somewhat.

Offline kytanos

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »

We are legion. :-)

Offline mrsleep

• Conversationalist
  • I eat children. Just sayin'...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »
We are legion. :-)

Ha! Had to ask, because I used to live there.

I moved to Alabama about four years ago.  Sucks that I'm missing out on the game. :'(

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2010, 04:59:38 AM »
Ha! Had to ask, because I used to live there.

I moved to Alabama about four years ago.  Sucks that I'm missing out on the game. :'(

Sorry to hear you can't be here. but your sig inspired me.

Gorram it I want to play this RPG. I keep thinking of aspects and in them new character ideas.

"Magic Card" Thaumaturgist

People can't begin to understand the power that has been put in plain sight by the Wizards of the White Council. You understand it. The White Council front company gets a lot of business in return from you.

The cards are great tools for Thaumaturgy.

Invoke:  You use your Cards of Power and/or the knowledge contained in them.

Compel:
You must pay the White Council's front company and practice your techniques.

As I write this post I am watching R.O.D The TV. Go figure....  ;D

Bibliomaniac

Must....have....BOOKS!!!!!!! You are not a machine of reading, you are a Force-of-Nature for absorbing the written medium.

Every bookstore in a 25 mile radius of your home has a picture of you behind the counter saying, "Best customer, treat her/him nicely."

Invoke: You read something in a book that pertains to the situation.

Compel:
The Literature Gods call to you. You.....must....READ!!!!

Someone had to post it.   :D

One Winged Angel

You woke up and you knew. You are a messenger of the White God, though you can no longer hear his voice. You are an embodiment of the power of Faith though you live not as messenger now, but as a Mortal with a soul.....and a single Wing which looks kinda cool. 

Invoke:  You use your inherent powers and Faith.

Compel:
Being an Angel has its downsides. You have several strings attached that make things difficult.

Trek has Trekkers/Trekkies, Firefly has Browncoats, Star Wars and Galaxy Quest have....fans. I would rather we have our own term too.

Dresdenphile

Warden Dresden's Case files and Reports brighten up your otherwise boring days. He should really publish them to Vanilla Mortals, he'd make a killing.

When you actually met Warden Dresden, he gave you a lecture about how he is just a normal guy and that what all Wizards do is no game. He was trying to set you straight or scare you, but you instead think he's cooler than he originally was.

Invoke: The Case Files and Reports give you inspiration and/or confidence.   

Compel:
The actions in the reports aren't always accurate, by the book, and/or the smart thing to do. You also have to go over them whenever Warden Dresden sends in a new report.

Warden Pup

A year ago you were a snot-nosed apprentice who couldn't even buy his Master a beer let alone Wizard on his/her own. Today, you're a Warden of the White Council, but you still can't buy beer. It's a dream come true, but you were never prepared for this.

Invoke:  You make with the Wardening. The use of combat magic, shooting of guns and Authoritai are your specialty.

Compel:
You are really young to be a Wizard let alone a Warden. None of the old guard take you seriously, especially if you are still in the Mortal School system. Being a Warden puts you on the front lines.

Emperor of Evocation

During the Trials you were asked why you wanted to become a Wizard. You gave a convoluted answer that was accurate, but you left out the real reason: So you can Blow Stuff Up.

You love the smell of destructive magic. Reminds you of biscuits and gravy.

Invoke:  You make with the destruction if you haven't started already.

Compel:
You tend to get a bit....overzealous.

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2010, 02:24:05 AM »

Trek has Trekkers/Trekkies, Firefly has Browncoats, Star Wars and Galaxy Quest have....fans. I would rather we have our own term too.

Dresdenphile

Warden Dresden's Case files and Reports brighten up your otherwise boring days. He should really publish them to Vanilla Mortals, he'd make a killing.

When you actually met Warden Dresden, he gave you a lecture about how he is just a normal guy and that what all Wizards do is no game. He was trying to set you straight or scare you, but you instead think he's cooler than he originally was.

Invoke: The Case Files and Reports give you inspiration and/or confidence.   

Compel:
The actions in the reports aren't always accurate, by the book, and/or the smart thing to do. You also have to go over them whenever Warden Dresden sends in a new report.

That term had never been used before? I use it all the time :P

"I have one of those" Using your incredible means and your extra large money market mutual account/generous stock portfolio you managed to acquire a large collection of mystical and arcane artifacts

Invoke: When you need that special mystical item you only have as far to go as your own home

Compel: People often try to buy items not for sale, if your lucky, or outrightly attempt to steal them. You have to constantly be on guard about your collection. Some of the items you've assimilated are not friendly, some are just downright dangerous to have.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus