Author Topic: New WOJ's  (Read 13850 times)

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: New WOJ's
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »
Because it can't just be a car.  No, that would be unrealistic and require too many assumptions.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 07:45:17 PM »
Because it can't just be a car.  No, that would be unrealistic and require too many assumptions.
Considering it's already been linked as a firebird, yep. I find it likely an incarnation of the Chariots that pull the sun, even if now only metaphorically.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Avernite

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
Considering it's already been linked as a firebird, yep. I find it likely an incarnation of the Chariots that pull the sun, even if now only metaphorically.
Or the Merkabah/Merkava from Ezekiel...

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 09:55:22 PM »
Which would then make either Harry or Mac the Sun.  Probably the sun, because beer gives people that warm feeling.  Of course!  How could it be anything else!

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2018, 10:29:26 PM »
Which would then make either Harry or Mac the Sun.  Probably the sun, because beer gives people that warm feeling.  Of course!  How could it be anything else!
Guess you got this snippy at Eldest Gruff's son of the chief physician when it came out? Go over to Reddit where he still hangs out and make such comments, i'd love to see that.. you can pretty much sling shit back at people for continuingly making the same sort of comments of stubborn refusal to see anything they don't wish to, made worse by the egotistifcal need to rally against it.... You know, hypothetically, over there, were we don't have such fine upstanding people to do such things, no?
Adding in the Dagda/Sun/Appollo association isn't a thing already so well proven. Giving him connotations of rebirth btw, point to the origins of Harry's starborn trait, that of fire, change, death... and also inherently rebirth.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2018, 10:58:46 PM »
Of course it could just be a car but I think it could have extra perks by virtue of who owns it.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline groinkick

• Posty McPostington
  • Strike first. Strike Hard. No Mercy! - Cobra Kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »

Stole this from Reginald because it was so well put, and is true for me as well.

"I love this place. It was a beacon in the dark and I couldn't have made it through some of the most maddening years of my life without some great people here."  Thank you Griff and others who took up the torch.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2018, 07:22:25 PM »
:)

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
I've been thinking a bit about this argument between Lucifer and God. In the Bible there are humans who do have arguments with God, and who actually change God's mind by their arguments. I'm reminded of Abraham, Moses, Job, Jacob, and others.  Perhaps this argument between Lucifer and God needs to happen.  Maybe God needs to actually consider the arguments Lucifer is making. Maybe there is some points, some rather specific point that Lucifer will end up convincing God on.  It still doesn't change the fact that Lucifer fell, but it puts Lucifer and his argument in a sort of a position where God needs to hear it.
http://www.johnbmacdonald.com/resources/arguing-with-god--28

Maybe Harry having learned a bit more about this argument between God and Lucifer will arrive at a decision in which something that Lucifer could do that could save the Universe is something that God and his Angels couldn't.  And, it will be Harry's choice (free will) that allows Lucifer to act in that way which in a sense argues in favor of mortal free will.  Maybe Lucifer will end up lending Harry his Disgrace.  We do know that Lucifer will show up in the Books, likely in Hells Bells.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 05:42:08 PM by raidem »

Offline Talby16

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »
I think that the world building stuff and background info is most likely all correct. That makes up a good chunk of the WOJ. The stuff that might be called into question are statements about plot (time travel) or planted seeds (prisoner in DR). I can see misinformation being planted there in order to protect the series as a whole from getting spoiled. Most of the theories I have read are based on the books and background info. I think it is still safe to do that.

Offline WereElephant

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 07:01:58 PM »
Maybe Lucifer will end up lending Harry his Disgrace.

Holy freaking crap, Uriel would have a conniption.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »
Holy freaking crap, Uriel would have a conniption.
Heh, I like it. I already suspect that lending his Grace will allow his opposite to do the same, but Harry? lmao good's one Rai.

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
I know two facebook groups that jim has posted in(but I don't know which group the screenshot is from):
Jim Butcher Appreciation Society
Jim Butcher Idolization Tribe

Jim is no longer a member of JBAS (Jim Butcher Appreciation Society) due to poor treatment of his fiancee. Jim IS a member of JBIT (Jim Butcher Idolization Tribe) which was founded in response to the poor treatment of Kitty.

The screen shots provided earlier in this thread are his comments inside of JBIT. It's a closed group, which is probably why it's screenshots and not links.

As an admin of JBIT, I'd like to invite those of you who are interested to join us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JB1Tch3s/ Please be sure to take a moment to read the rules of the group.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
Jim is no longer a member of JBAS (Jim Butcher Appreciation Society) due to poor treatment of his fiancee. Jim IS a member of JBIT (Jim Butcher Idolization Tribe) which was founded in response to the poor treatment of Kitty.

The screen shots provided earlier in this thread are his comments inside of JBIT. It's a closed group, which is probably why it's screenshots and not links.

As an admin of JBIT, I'd like to invite those of you who are interested to join us: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JB1Tch3s/ Please be sure to take a moment to read the rules of the group.
Huh.  I knew JBAS saw a pretty big exodus when it started to turn toxic, but while I knew a bunch of folks left for the Dresdenphiles group, I didnt know about the JBIT at all
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »
JIM: Fair warning, reported WOJ's that I see after conventions and whatnot are just dead wrong maybe a quarter of the time.  I used to try to correct them back in the day but then I thought, "I can't be spending so much time chasing plastic bags in a high wind" so I mostly stopped.
I am not merely an unreliable narrator. I am proactive about it.

In my opinion this is the most important WOJ so far...  If this is an accurate quote, Jim is telling us to take even his WOJs with a grain of salt... He can be misquoted, misunderstood, he needs to be free to change his mind.  I can think of some really heated debates among fans that might have been more civil if this was kept in mind...