Author Topic: Did Harry focus the Tank?  (Read 10569 times)

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Did Harry focus the Tank?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 01:50:21 PM »
You know, it seemed like the island or was it just the Prison was said to have been "placed there."

To me, it seems like Demonreach Island was transported to the Lake from somewhere else.  It may have come from something near Avalon.
Im going to go with No for two reasons 1) It's too early in the week for that kind of headache, and 2) there was no indication of that sort of gross physical change in the History Film that Bob put together from Alfred's explanation. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 03:08:30 PM »
Im going to go with No for two reasons 1) It's too early in the week for that kind of headache, and 2) there was no indication of that sort of gross physical change in the History Film that Bob put together from Alfred's explanation. 

I have to agree with this.  I was also trying to frame the argument about why to move an island to the wellspring when a wizard could easily build one there with magic. 

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
I'd say it's likelier a fluctuation from previous epoch's. I can almost directly tie DR into an island/temple/prison in Tibet, after all.
Though that might be more relevant in truth if the place the Rakshasa attacked was the same place as well as Mouse's original Temple... same concept different version or my favorite, the entrance to reality from the land of dreams.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2018, 01:48:26 PM »
If the Island was transported from anywhere, I think it was associated with Avalon.  The island was placed there long before Merlin created the Prison.
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »
my question is why move an island? What makes the island of DR special is the well spring that flows up there not the island itself. 

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »
If the Island was transported from anywhere, I think it was associated with Avalon.  The island was placed there long before Merlin created the Prison.
Also it has some strong connotations to stone Henge which Merlin is known for moving(esp if it's MW's cabin, she has a faux stone henge around her house)
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
We know at least partly what makes the Island special is the Prison beneath the Island.  It is the Power from the entities trapped within bubbling up, that creates the leylines/leyline originating from the Island.  It is possible that the Prison existed prior to the Island (within the NeverNever). Merlin then layed down a foundation on Earth of magic on the Island that created the Earthly Frame of the Prison. If the Island was located somewhere else then moved, it could be that it and it's associated connection to the NeverNever Prison was relocated to its current location.

Now to answer your question, why would this Island be important.  Perhaps it is because Demonreach is associated with the Island.  Whoever wanted to keep the Demonreach Island associated with the Prison had to MOVE the Island for some reason.  Let's say, there was some natural calamity about to occur...Fault lines would split apart the Island, Earthquakes would place the island underwater, whatever led to the destruction of Atlantis would befell Demonreach Island.  For whatever reason, Demonreach Island and it's connection to the Prison was in danger.  It (Island) had to be moved and then the connection had to be reestablished.  Merlin reestablished the connection and layed down the appropriate wards.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:57:31 PM by raidem »
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline Lost Merlin

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2018, 03:32:02 PM »
I understand moving an island to ensure that there is a Genius Loci there to assist with management of the prison. We clearly see in bob's video, that Merlin builds the jail on the island as it is sitting there (or connects the island to the NN version of the prison).  Now of course we are looking at bob's dumbing down so that Harry can understand.