Author Topic: Harry should Dark Hallow Demonreach.  (Read 13084 times)

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Harry should Dark Hallow Demonreach.
« on: July 21, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
Harry should Dark Hallow demon reach. With the islands defenses, it would be hard for anyone to interfere. With the islands remoteness, it is likely no one would be hurt, and Harry could just put a circle around the island anyhow. A dark hallow on demon reach would suck up all the power of all the bad nasties on the island. So in one stroke, Harry becomes more powerful and both Fae Queens and the Erlking  put together, and he deletes the demon reach prison forever.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
Re: Harry should Dark Hallow Demonreach.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »
Harry should Dark Hallow demon reach. With the islands defenses, it would be hard for anyone to interfere. With the islands remoteness, it is likely no one would be hurt, and Harry could just put a circle around the island anyhow. A dark hallow on demon reach would suck up all the power of all the bad nasties on the island. So in one stroke, Harry becomes more powerful and both Fae Queens and the Erlking  put together, and he deletes the demon reach prison forever.
And effectively becomes those things in reality too ;) all of them, all at once, in one body..... MWAAHAHAHA!
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
And effectively becomes those things in reality too ;) all of them, all at once, in one body..... MWAAHAHAHA!

How do we know that he would take on their natures?

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
How do we know that he would take on their natures?
Combination of woj's on related subjects, All related to the same general topic. Now, I know for an entirely different reason but, I have no collection of direct evidence of that one anymore.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 12:48:30 PM »
Combination of woj's on related subjects, All related to the same general topic. Now, I know for an entirely different reason but, I have no collection of direct evidence of that one anymore.

Where is this WOJ. I looked, could not find.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 12:52:54 PM »
Where is this WOJ. I looked, could not find.
Which one? I havent's slept yet and i'm a little slowing down.
FRom other thread: can we say that anything in DR is alive in the most vital sense?
1 woj on Kravos and did Harry keep power 2 If Harry did Darkhallow on deserted island, might actually have been a jim post 3 woj on you are what you eat 4 woj on if Goodman became Harry totally he'd basically have to contend with the will of Harry
combination of those that I directly recall
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:55:29 PM by jonas »

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
Which one? I havent's slept yet and i'm a little slowing down.
FRom other thread: can we say that anything in DR is alive in the most vital sense?

I certainly would says it alive. Plus its certainly worth a shot. The payoff would be amazing, and the risk next to nothing. Worse case scenario Dresden gets nothing but Demon reach is still destroyed. Best Case Harry becomes a god.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 12:56:57 PM »
And I dont think Harry is being fused with Demon reaches inmates. If he were, then Cowl would not have tried to do the DH. What would be the point? He would not be cowl anymore. He would be the combined person of several thousand Chicagoan's. That would make the ritual pointless.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
I certainly would says it alive. Plus its certainly worth a shot. The payoff would be amazing, and the risk next to nothing. Worse case scenario Dresden gets nothing but Demon reach is still destroyed. Best Case Harry becomes a god.
Worst case Harry becomes those things whom are free to overwhelm him utterly and use him as a puppet. until he becomes capable of holding them inside himself like a prison, just wouldn't work out too well.
*the people who designed and planned to use said ritual were all crazy. the key I think is crafting them into an identity that Is which is akin to a mantle. The person in effect becomes legendary first and feeds it all into the imagined image of themselves. 'becoming' the scarecrow in reality... though if that were the case perhaps Harry just needs to learn to embrace the power from his reputation.(fyi I think the whole point of Harry writing the DF is to spread the story of himself, so his spirit/mantle matches his actual personae)

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 01:07:32 PM »
Worst case Harry becomes those things whom are free to overwhelm him utterly and use him as a puppet. until he becomes capable of holding them inside himself like a prison, just wouldn't work out too well.
*the people who designed and planned to use said ritual were all crazy. the key I think is crafting them into an identity that Is which is akin to a mantle. The person in effect becomes legendary first and feeds it all into the imagined image of themselves. 'becoming' the scarecrow in reality... though if that were the case perhaps Harry just needs to learn to embrace the power from his reputation.(fyi I think the whole point of Harry writing the DF is to spread the story of himself, so his spirit/mantle matches his actual personae)

So two things.

1) After consuming that much power, keeping the nasty at bay should be childs play.

2) If Harry can push it into something mantle like, then we have no problem. Harry just needs to craft a demon reach mantle that is separate from his original self. That way he isnt consumed by it.

3rd Thing: Those people were crazy, not stupid. I think if the DH erased your personality you would not do it. You cant carry out your evil plans if you just consumed 2000 personalities who only want to watch pawn stars. 

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 01:15:41 PM »
So two things.

1) After consuming that much power, keeping the nasty at bay should be childs play.

2) If Harry can push it into something mantle like, then we have no problem. Harry just needs to craft a demon reach mantle that is separate from his original self. That way he isnt consumed by it.
!yea, you can keep it at bay the same way he keeps the WK at bay, by not using it.

2 Problematically, He and DR are already combined in a lesser way. So that might not work. I think he might actually have to ingest the power and let it become part of him before he can separate it into a mantle.... the only thing we know has created mantles themselves is the mothers who broke off pieces of their own power, and the Queens whom did the same. So mantles are actually made specifically by the things they represent? good brainstorming session, too tired to shut up inner Jonas and his insightful queries.

Offline wyltok

• Posty McPostington
  • With Great Power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 01:52:56 PM »
Those who have read Day One (the Butters short story) know why this is a phenomenally bad idea.

(click to show/hide)
Every time you do something, somebody says: "(gasp!) That has this implication and this implication and that implication!" and you go like: "No, what I really meant was, the curtains were blue."
- Jim Butcher at Space City Con, 2013

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
Those who have read Day One (the Butters short story) know why this is a phenomenally bad idea.

(click to show/hide)

Maxims are not physical laws. They are not certainties.

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »
Maxims are not physical laws. They are not certainties.
can you or anyone prove its either a law or a 'maxim'? then for the intentions here I don't think it matters, it's what we have, repeatedly, from multiple angles and sources.

Offline Shift8

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 02:07:29 PM »
can you or anyone prove its either a law or a 'maxim'? then for the intentions here I don't think it matters, it's what we have, repeatedly, from multiple angles and sources.

Im not the one with the onus to prove it is a law. Im not the one making the assertion that it would do something. As the person with the positive assertion, the burden of proof is on you. And I am seeing know sources. Are you refering to clear cut absolute statements, or loose inference like the butters reference.