Author Topic: Loose Ends and other Questions  (Read 7009 times)

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Loose Ends and other Questions
« on: July 18, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »
Okay finishing my re-read of the series and I have a couple questions on some loose ends I may have missed.
1. Whatever happened to Evil Bob? Good Bob said in Cold Days he ran away from the fight as soon as he could and nobody seems to bring him up again is this foreshadowing his return or did I miss something?
2. When Harry fought Cowl he said that Cowl's magic was huge and different from what he was usedm to what did he mean? He specifically ruled out necromantic and vampire energy and aside from Cowl having a large reservoir of power I can't think of what difference Harry was talking about.
3. Lastly, do you think that Titania has aspects similar to Mabs? Or for that matter do the Ladies and Mothers have the ability to change into other forms as well?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends and other Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 02:01:21 AM »
1) I wouldn't be surprised if Evil Bob shows up again at some point.
2) One possibility is that Cowl's magic is augmented by stealing the power of other mortal practitioner victims.
3) Highly likely. We know Mab has her standard aspect, Judgment, and (per WOJ) the combat aspect we have yet to see (presumably upcoming in PT when we finally 'get to see Mab sweat').
If I had to guess, the armoured gown Titania showed up in to talk to Harry after he summoned her was probably her version of the combat aspect, in case she ended up deciding to squash him on the spot.

Offline LordDresden2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:08:51 AM »

3. Lastly, do you think that Titania has aspects similar to Mabs? Or for that matter do the Ladies and Mothers have the ability to change into other forms as well?

At the very least, I'd think she might display the same sort of aspects of 'monarchy' that Mab does, judgement, mercy, legislation, etc.  Though it's also not clear how much of Mab's 'aspects' are something supernaturally important and how much is Mab being Mab.

Remember, even Titania had to suppress a smirk when Harry said that Mab liked 'flashy entrances'.

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 03:57:05 PM »
Okay finishing my re-read of the series and I have a couple questions on some loose ends I may have missed.
1. Whatever happened to Evil Bob? Good Bob said in Cold Days he ran away from the fight as soon as he could and nobody seems to bring him up again is this foreshadowing his return or did I miss something?
I'd be surprised if we didn't.  Further, I'd bet he'll be in Cow's possession, though there are others for whom it may be more fun to have EB.

2. When Harry fought Cowl he said that Cowl's magic was huge and different from what he was usedm to what did he mean? He specifically ruled out necromantic and vampire energy and aside from Cowl having a large reservoir of power I can't think of what difference Harry was talking about.
I thought that Harry said that Cowl had a definite musty/moldy/watery smell.  That might explain some of it.

Absolutely.  I'd be surprised if she didn't. 

As to the other forms ... again, I'd me surprised if they didn't, but then again, it could also be illusion. 
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 10:39:22 PM »
1. Well I am glad I am not the only who one noticed Evil Bob's location or lack of to be more accurate.
2. Well that was after the fact when he said that but that is probably the most likely explanation.
3. My own theory is that Mab has a Judge/Jury/Executioner with the last one having her hair blue and transforming into a war goddess. I can't imagine Titania turning all white for her judgement form though.

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 02:02:50 AM »
I'd be surprised if we didn't.  Further, I'd bet he'll be in Cow's possession, though there are others for whom it may be more fun to have EB.

Personally, I'd be surprised if Harry's distraction tactic of convincing Evil Bob that he's capable of an independent agenda rather than serving an owner doesn't wind up biting him in the ass down the line.

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »
If defeated and dealt with, it could be a very useful source of intelligence. It is said Harry new daughter has a vast collection of lore, but little way to use it. If she takes his knowledge, it might make her more capable of using her own database.
k moinuddin

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 11:47:44 PM »
So Harry"s new daughter is like a library without the Dewey Decimal System.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 06:09:43 AM »
Well the last Spirit of Intellect who though for herself became the Goddess of War so who knows what Evil Bob will become. And on re-reading Dead Beat again I think Harry meant that Cowl used kinetic energy which is still odd because force magic is his other evocation specialty. 

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »
Harry has to deal with evil Bob, who knows what he knows about Harry and his friends? He is too big a threat to leave intact.
k moinuddin

Offline wardenferry419

• Posty McPostington
  • Can I get a Hells Bells !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:08 AM »
A combo punch of Bob and Harry's new daughter should do the trick.
Make Mine Butcher!
Who do I have to turn to ice to get a whiskey on the rocks?

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 10:00:59 PM »
Bob is afraid of absorbing back evil Bob, but working with Bonnie, they could divide him up, so neither is caused harm from the piec they take.
k moinuddin

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 03:30:39 AM »
I think Bob got creative and did something to evil Bob we haven't considered, but doesn't wanna say what, cause you know, story plot lol.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 05:59:20 AM »
I think Bob got creative and did something to evil Bob we haven't considered, but doesn't wanna say what, cause you know, story plot lol.
Well in Cold Days he said he left as soon as he was able to so that makes it unlikely he did anything that would effect Evil Bob for long.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »
Well in Cold Days he said he left as soon as he was able to so that makes it unlikely he did anything that would effect Evil Bob for long.
True, the whole Bug-out mentality implies that EB was still a danger.

Or, Bob Lied.  He can do that, after all. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain