Author Topic: Loose Ends and other Questions  (Read 7010 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Loose Ends and other Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 07:21:53 PM »
Wouldn't the easiest way to deal with EB is to lure him into some kind of Sanctum, then wait until daytime and smash said sanctum?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 01:18:34 AM »
Unless he has an emergency sanctum, set up to summon him back if he is at mortal peril during day light.
k moinuddin

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 12:30:17 PM »
Sunrises are dangerous for him, but bob can exist outside during the day at least for short periods.  He flew off at the end of SG.  Though that was a heavily foggy/overcast day rather than direct sunlight. 

Still, good ol' Fire should do it any time day or night.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »
Regarding No. 2 (from the OP), in the Deeps, didn't Harry mention that Cowl's magic felt watery/moldy/dank and wet or some such?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline jonas

• Posty McPostington
  • Surpassed Ms. Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »
Regarding No. 2 (from the OP), in the Deeps, didn't Harry mention that Cowl's magic felt watery/moldy/dank and wet or some such?
Think that was a reference to his way not the magic itself? Cowl always seems to connects to the realm of shadow that was shown in Camp Kaboom(prime reasoning why the ghoul was actually talking about cowl when Harry walks up) Or someplace just off the junction, lightless waters, mildew smell, what not. I think it might be Atlantis/Rilah sunk under the sea personally.
Quote from: A. Lanning
I'm sorry, My responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.
Quote from: C Chaplin
...And so as long as men die, Liberty will never perish.

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 06:03:51 AM »
Think that was a reference to his way not the magic itself? Cowl always seems to connects to the realm of shadow that was shown in Camp Kaboom(prime reasoning why the ghoul was actually talking about cowl when Harry walks up) Or someplace just off the junction, lightless waters, mildew smell, what not. I think it might be Atlantis/Rilah sunk under the sea personally.
I think it may have been his use of force/kinetic magic but I don't why Harry would say that as he uses that second to fire magic. Maybe Cowl's aura was another factor but I don't think Harry described it that much.

Offline FreshCorpse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Well the last Spirit of Intellect who though for herself became the Goddess of War so who knows what Evil Bob will become. And on re-reading Dead Beat again I think Harry meant that Cowl used kinetic energy which is still odd because force magic is his other evocation specialty.

UHHH LINK PLZ?

Offline jamescagney22

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 03:57:42 PM »
UHHH LINK PLZ?
He said it at Dragon Con 2015 near the 52-53 minute mark. There are a couple versions on Youtube or you can look at the WOJ section.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 02:57:26 PM »
UHHH LINK PLZ?
Dont have a clean link ATM, but ya he more or less confirmed that Athena was a Spirit of Intellect that was born of Zeus similar to Harry's episode.  No real indication on relative powers, power levels, or how their different parentage might change things (one being born of a God and Something Else, another born of a Mortal and an Angel Imprint. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain