Author Topic: Maggie's School Friends at SMAGT  (Read 6498 times)

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
  • Seeking Harry's Insanity to help make me Sane
    • View Profile
Maggie's School Friends at SMAGT
« on: June 11, 2017, 11:15:50 AM »
Okay, this is going off all of Butcher's other works, but he never writes the solo hero.  His heroes always have friends and companions with them.  Some they make from former enemies.

Given his lazy nature, I don't see Jim as breaking this trend.  So, who do you think Maggie will make friends with?  What other species of supernatural creatures might she befriend?  The outcasts and freaks among the supernatural?

Perhaps a relatively lowborn Svatalf who looks like a computer nerd or shop kid?  Sent there to serve a high ranking noble's kid.

A changling, maybe of Winter alignment, who will seek to ride Maggie's coattails.  She is the daughter of the Winter Knight and close to the family of the new Winter Lady.  Being her enemy wouldn't be smart in the long run.

Or the alpha bitch of some high born nature who Maggie saves and turns ally?

If River Shoulders wasn't the only bigfoot to sire a child with a human, that could be another friend.

Or even a scion or two.

Thoughts?

Offline khadgar4606

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie's School Friends at SMAGT
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 05:06:09 PM »
one think i am sure to guess is child of thomas aka maggies cousin or cousins gonna be in the books maybe as rich kid of the school

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
I really want Harry Carpenter to have magical potential based off of his mother's suppressed power and his exposure to the Nightmare's magic.  Imagine a Carpenter kid having a natural talent for ectomancy or necromancy, who's unknowingly opening ways past the Carpenter threshold, which is why Maggie and Mouse have been monster stomping.

Oh, and if we could have Alison Ann Summers worked in there as well, having been touched by magic as an infant in GP.

Not to mention Fitz, depending on the timing and levels of education provided.  He was about seventeen in GS, but if he's missed school while living on the streets, and the school has college level courses, then he could be attending at the same time as Maggie.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:34:30 PM by Griffyn612 »

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 09:25:24 PM »
I really want Harry Carpenter to have magical potential based off of his mother's suppressed power and his exposure to the Nightmare's magic.  Imagine a Carpenter kid having a natural talent for ectomancy or necromancy, who's unknowingly opening ways past the Carpenter threshold, which is why Maggie and Mouse have been monster stomping.

Oh, and if we could have Alison Ann Summers worked in there as well, having been touched by magic as an infant in GP.

Not to mention Fitz, depending on the timing and levels of education provided.  He was about seventeen in GS, but if he's missed school while living on the streets, and the school has college level courses, then he could be attending at the same time as Maggie.

HC could be going to a nice Catholic School instead, which is probably well protected from bad things.

Fitz, wouldn't he be a bit old to be going to this school?  I thought SMAGT was a K-12 school, not a university.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »
HC could be going to a nice Catholic School instead, which is probably well protected from bad things.

Fitz, wouldn't he be a bit old to be going to this school?  I thought SMAGT was a K-12 school, not a university.
That's why it'd be dependent on the correct circumstances.  I can't recall if Fitz told Harry he was seventeen, or if Harry just guessed he was seventeen.  The former would require that he was undereducated, and had to enroll at a lower level than his age would normally indicate.  The latter would allow for more possibilities.

As for Harry, it'd depend on if he exhibited any talent, and if he wanted to give up his power.  He's older than Maggie, but we haven't seen anything of him in ages, other than a brief cameo in SG.  For all we know, he's just as rebellious as Molly, and after a difficult stint at public or Catholic school, Michael and Charity would reluctantly agree to him attending school with Maggie, to give her a friend.

Offline ebliss1

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 11:04:50 AM »
Given the fun he apparently had writing cats into Cinder Spires, I imagine he'd have Maggie teaming up with one in some fashion.
Making a Better World Whether You Like it or Not

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »
Or the alpha bitch of some high born nature who Maggie saves and turns ally?

Well, he mentioned the young goblins as an example of kid-scale problems. If Maggie's going to save anyone and win the loyalty of a former adversary, a goblin would make a pretty good heavy for the squad.

Offline isoycrazy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 12:12:45 PM »
I must have missed the young goblin's example.  Was that from one of the comics?

Offline Snark Knight

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
I must have missed the young goblin's example.  Was that from one of the comics?

It was from the video that Priscilla recorded at the Phoenix panel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CUtuL8JvnM

Offline RobReece

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 05:47:41 PM »
Given the fun he apparently had writing cats into Cinder Spires, I imagine he'd have Maggie teaming up with one in some fashion.
Seeing that Maggie's Dad already has Mister, I don't see another feline joining the cast, but I could be wrong. 

I think it would be interesting to see a relative of Tera West...

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 10:33:43 PM »
I would love to see Marcone having a secret child, a boy who also goes to the same school as Maggie will.  ;D

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
What would be really cool is if Maggie's feline friend ended up being Cat Sith's child.

As to enemies ... I'm seeing someone like Svarltalt's kid.  The only problem is it's been done.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »
I think will and Georgia Bordon's child  would be an interesting character to introduce . I would love to see a short story about Maggie baby sitting  a three or four year old Bordon child who has just found out that mom and dad are were-wolves  and having  Bonny advising her .

I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Wolfeyes

• Conversationalist
  • Certified bookworm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 11:50:09 PM »
I would love to see Marcone having a secret child, a boy who also goes to the same school as Maggie will.  ;D

And then parent-teacher nights became VERY awkward.

I'd be up for that idea though, just for that alone.

Offline magnuskn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 01:54:44 AM »
And then parent-teacher nights became VERY awkward.

I'd be up for that idea though, just for that alone.

And of course then Maggie and Marcone Jr. start to get feelings for each other, to make Harry totally freak out. ^^