Author Topic: Maggie's School Friends at SMAGT  (Read 6500 times)

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
Re: Maggie's School Friends at SMAGT
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2017, 08:01:48 PM »
And at the school dance this Friday, a new Halon system was installed just to be safe.
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline kazimmoinuddin

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 07:51:48 PM »
I totally see Harry doing a daddy version of the shovel talk,but with a specially enchanted shovel just to demonstrate why it is Importent not to upset or harm the daughter of a wizard.
k moinuddin

Offline Rasins

• Seriously?
  • Aid the younger and weaker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »
I totally see Harry doing a daddy version of the shovel talk,but with a specially enchanted shovel just to demonstrate why it is Importent not to upset or harm the daughter of a wizard.

Like with the brooms from Storm Front?
At times I wish I had a clone, but then I realize, I could never live with that a-hole.

DV Rasins 2006 BK+++ RP++ JB++++ TH++++ WG+(+?) CL SW++ BC- MC---

Offline Smaug with OCD

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:25 AM »
I can't NOT get in on this after seeing this thread!

So...

One of the issues we run into with this is that the children of Harry's friends - for the most part - are years apart from Maggie. So, I'm going to drop that idea all together and go with completely non team Dresden related ideas... other than the secret son of Marcone. That idea is just too amazing, especially if he's actually the Xander of the group because Marcone is trying to keep him away from the dark side of business until he's older. Protecting children is one of Marcone's goals, after all.

For a heavy... Troll girl has already been done with Meryl, so I'm going to avoid beings of fairy origin. Perhaps the scion of one of the small "d" dragons might be interesting. Someone who still has the ability to switch between human form and claws, wings, scales, fire-breath galore! But, who is just a whelp, a baby of their kind who can't do much else. Alternatively, we've already been given the Heavy in the form of Mouse. See "Mouse fights a van" in Proven Guilty. Or, maybe the two of them develop an almost Gimly and legolas relationship.

Another character that might be fun, if we're adding a feline presence to the team might be a Neko. Most of what we have seen so far is based in Western mythology and it might be fun to see a bit of what the eastern mythical creatures are up to. Are they fighting the Outsiders as well? Or, are they trying to deal with other problems? Yes, a child probably wouldn't let us see much of this, but they might provide a glimpse. Alternatively, they might provide nightmare fuel in the question of: Are Neko actually the changelings of Malks who have had children with humans?  :o

Alternatively, the baby dragon could play the feline role, as the tendency in fiction is to depict them similarly to cats...

I do like the idea of Maggie making friends with the pretty and popular girl who begins as her arch nemesis... but the pool of possible stereotyped origins is rather slim. Sidhe of some kind? White Court? A sylph might be fun, providing the team with some air support(unless the dragon isn't too young to fly yet).

Another magic user or two would be fitting, I think. Harry does have a number of wizard allies alongside his closer friends. Perhaps the kid of a local sorcerer or paranet member who has a lot of promise when it comes to magic? Someone who's skills complement or contrast with Maggie's(if she's a potential wizard). It might also be cool to have someone like Abby from the Ordo, with future sight powers. Might make a fun "super awkward smart kid." Alternatively, someone with Casandra's Tears or - in general - some other divination-based ability.

...There are too many fun ideas.

Mostly though, I'm hoping for things we haven't seen before in large quantity. We've seen a lot of the vampires and the fairies, and I doubt we're going to get a twelve-year-old knight of the cross(unless Maggie sneaks out one night with Amorachious). What haven't we seen a lot of? That's what I want to see.
Cookies are awesome. Join the Dark Side.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 06:35:26 AM »
 I like the idea of  a 12 year old knight of the cross....remember most of the knights are temporary and only pick up the sword for  a short time for a specific purpose.

if I remember correctly harry hid the swords in plane site when he was the one keeping the swords. at one point in the books the sword was kept right by the front door along with his umbrella.

I don't know who currently is watching the one sword that does not have knight.  it would be fun if one of Maggie's  friends was visiting  and borrowed temporarily one of the swords for a task not quiet understanding what it was for.

Perhaps one of Maggie's  friends accidently touched a denerien coin and is facing the temptation of the fallen. while not having the coin it self because it is currently with a denarian the child still has the imprint of a fallen in there head helping the child to make bad decisions. and the sword is used to give back free will to the child .
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline pcpoet

• Conversationalist
  • life is a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 06:37:26 AM »
 I like the idea of  a 12 year old knight of the cross....remember most of the knights are temporary and only pick up the sword for  a short time for a specific purpose.

if I remember correctly harry hid the swords in plane site when he was the one keeping the swords. at one point in the books the sword was kept right by the front door along with his umbrella.

I don't know who currently is watching the one sword that does not have knight.  it would be fun if one of Maggie's  friends was visiting  and borrowed temporarily one of the swords for a task not quiet understanding what it was for.

Perhaps one of Maggie's  friends accidently touched a denerien coin and is facing the temptation of the fallen. while not having the coin it self because it is currently with a denarian the child still has the imprint of a fallen in there head helping the child to make bad decisions. and the sword is used to give back free will to the child .
I am who I am that's all that I am from my head to my toe that's all that I am.

Offline Slowpool

• Conversationalist
  • You aren't my REAL dad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
All I want is for one of her friends to be a scion of the Summer Court who's sire was some sort of frog faerie, so the kid is a froggy lookin' thing with massively oversized glasses that magnify his eyes and a nervous croak he counters with an inhaler.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Irwin Pounder come back as a P.E. teacher.  He'd be an interesting go-to spot for advice when Maggie needs it.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 11:56:51 AM »
I want to see a kid of Gard and Hendricks. Half Valkyrie who has to die or prove herself before she becomes a Chooser of the Slain.

Offline Kindler

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 01:06:07 AM »
I think it would be interesting to see a relative of Tera West...

Wasn't she pregnant at the end of Fool Moon? MacFinn's curse explicitly states that his bloodline can't end, and it's not mentioned if he was seeing anyone else. The kid would be the right age to be one of the older kids, too.

Marcone having a secret kid would be... weird. A nephew, though... that wouldn't require any in-universe explanation, and can functionally be the same as a son.

It'd be kind of cool to see Monica Sells's kids, maybe as guidance counselors or something, or the supernatural equivalent of the DARE program. Maybe the homeless kids from Ghost Story. I'd like to see them have some kind of happy ending.

Offline Con

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 04:35:54 AM »
Wasn't she pregnant at the end of Fool Moon? MacFinn's curse explicitly states that his bloodline can't end, and it's not mentioned if he was seeing anyone else. The kid would be the right age to be one of the older kids, too.

Marcone having a secret kid would be... weird. A nephew, though... that wouldn't require any in-universe explanation, and can functionally be the same as a son.

It'd be kind of cool to see Monica Sells's kids, maybe as guidance counselors or something, or the supernatural equivalent of the DARE program. Maybe the homeless kids from Ghost Story. I'd like to see them have some kind of happy ending.

The theory going round is that Fitz from Ghost Story is their kid.

I also want to see Kringle play a roll in his protector of children guise.

Plus it'd be cool to see some children centric Fae like Jack Frost and Peter Pan.