Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259858 times)

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #375 on: September 08, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »
Husband and I decided that if they get to do a live-action TV show, they should see if Blackthorn would come in to play Harry's dad in his few scenes & memories.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #376 on: September 08, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »
One thing I ask, if they try to cast the Dresden Files as a live action production, is that they at least try to get the heights right. Harry has to be tall, at least an inch or four over 6 feet, and Thomas has to be shorter, but not short. There should be a noticeable height difference between them.

I know that might prove to be very hard to do, but it would make the series more consistent with the books if they do.

With you so very much. Harry has to tower over everyone. I would not be above achieving this with camera tricksery, Peter Jackson style, but it'd be awesomer if they just found a really, really tall actor who could pull Harry off.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 09, 2014, 03:14:47 PM »
With you so very much. Harry has to tower over everyone. I would not be above achieving this with camera tricksery, Peter Jackson style, but it'd be awesomer if they just found a really, really tall actor who could pull Harry off.
Even if they could afford to do the sort of tricks it took to pull off LotR, it would not leave anything left for all that magic and junk.  I would prefer that they find similarly heighted actors in a relative sense, but it's a pretty low priority.  Lets face it, the height differences rarely if ever have any impact on plot, we just love it because that and chivalry are the primary source of flirtatious interaction between Murphy and harry and so we dont want to loose it. 

By contrast it was far more integral to the characters and their interactions that Wolverine had a Napoleon Complex and Cyclops was a full foot taller than him, aiding their antagonism.  But in hindsight I would far rather the actor fit the more central needs of the character, even if the minor details (height, hair/eye color, etc) arent perfect, and I cant imagine anyone doing a better job than Hugh Jackman for Logan. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 09, 2014, 04:43:33 PM »
Not Lea. Maybe she's the exception, but Harry always describes her as having flame red hair. Actually, there are other Sidhe who don't have white hair. I think it's just the Queens who do. [Job is too stressful ;)]
Unless they specifically choose to look otherwise with a glamor, I believe all the Sidhe have snow white hair (Both courts).
Pretty much the point of glamor.  Do you think they're really all gorgeous?
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
Pretty much the point of glamor.  Do you think they're really all gorgeous?
Based on the insectoid look of Mab once she was weakened enough caring for Harry, Id say they dont even look Human given enough time. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #380 on: September 28, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
If Andy Samberg weren't so darn tall (5'10"), I'd think of casting him as Butters. I hadn't seen him with glasses before I saw this video - with glasses, I can see him acting as a geek.

But he's too tall.

Watch the video anyway - the very last 25 seconds are so worth it! http://gawker.com/andy-samberg-is-surprisingly-good-at-quickly-summarizin-1639147560
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 30, 2014, 12:05:19 PM »
If Andy Samberg weren't so darn tall (5'10"), I'd think of casting him as Butters. I hadn't seen him with glasses before I saw this video - with glasses, I can see him acting as a geek.

But he's too tall.

Watch the video anyway - the very last 25 seconds are so worth it! http://gawker.com/andy-samberg-is-surprisingly-good-at-quickly-summarizin-1639147560
Not just too tall, IMO, he is to square and broad.  He can do nerdy, but it's all in the face.  For me Butters needs to be skinny and frail looking, more a DJ Squalls or Jay Baruchel. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 30, 2014, 04:12:24 PM »
Butters:

Michael C. Hall from Dexter?

Just make his hair blond and add glasses = )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Morgan

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 30, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »
Butters:

But Butters isn't blonde.

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:52 PM »
Butters:

Never!!  Not because he couldn't do it but because it would make me and many others sit there waiting for butters to murder somebody.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Gigglestomp

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 30, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
But Butters isn't blonde.

I thought he was given a sample of Butters hair from
(click to show/hide)
and it was blonde with white flecks in it.

If i'm wrong, then he just would dye his hair a different color, right?

The reason I went with Michael C. Hall was because
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 06:34:14 PM by Gigglestomp »

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »
Nah, Butters has "wiry black" hair with a touch of grey.

(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Shinblam

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »
I agree that Samberg wouldn't work real well for Butters. On the other hand, I may have finally found a Billy.

For Butters I always picture David Krumholtz. He could pull off Butters' personality so easy it's scary.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:56 AM »
I think I already suggested it, but I am more and more convinced than Katia Winter, who plays Katina in Sleepy Hollow, can do a Lea. And she even has the right name for it!
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:45:50 AM by Dina »
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 09, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
I think I already suggested it, but I am more and more convinced than Katia Winter, who plays Katina in Sleepy Hollow, can do a Lea. And she even has the right name for it!
(click to show/hide)
Oooh, not bad!  A touch younger than I usually picture her, but fitting none-the-less.  Id want to see her doing cackling crazy first, but then the way Sleepy Hollow is going that could happen sooner or later.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/