Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259891 times)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #315 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:46 PM »
Your Harry looks all right but Thomas is, in my mind, much more attractive than that man.
The looks are reversed.  Thomas is supposed to be panty dropping handsome, while to me, I always see Harry as decent looking, certainly not unappealing, but no one would pay him special attention based on looks alone.  Unless she's into storks.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #316 on: July 22, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »
Your Harry looks all right but Thomas is, in my mind, much more attractive than that man.

I find "that man" pretty attractive... *shrug* The picture is also more than 10 years old, so he miiiight have changed since then. ;)
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 22, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »
Well, that it is why I said "in my mind". I don't even qualify him of "good looking", just average.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 22, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
Just stumbled across this while Googling something unrelated.

Jeffrey Jones as Carmichael?
Harry Dresden and the Sorcerer's Curse
Harry Dresden and the Chamber of Circles
Harry Dresden and the Prisoner of Vampires
Harry Dresden and the Stone Table
Harry Dresden and the Order of the Blackened Denarius
Harry Dresden and the Half-Blood Vampire
Harry Dresden and the Deadly Darkhallo

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 22, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
Just stumbled across this while Googling something unrelated.

Jeffrey Jones as Carmichael?
Older, weathered, mildly overweight, and an innately antagonistic expression on his face.  Works for me
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
And of course, this dog as Mouse.

Oh, and has anyone considered Jason Segel or Alexander Skarsgård as Harry? Both men are well over six feet tall.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:38:46 PM by Denarian »

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
Oh, and has anyone considered Jason Segel or Alexander Skarsgård as Harry? Both men are well over six feet tall.

(click to show/hide)

No, but now I have! Can Jason Segel do serious angry stuff as well as he can do goofy? I've mostly seen him in HIMYM and that Muppet movie...
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2014, 04:28:14 PM »
No, but now I have! Can Jason Segel do serious angry stuff as well as he can do goofy? I've mostly seen him in HIMYM and that Muppet movie...
Its been awkward humor in everything Ive seen or heard of from him.  That doesnt mean he cant, but I dont thinkhe has yet.  He doesnt really fit for me though, I picture somebody with more angles.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Denarian

• Participant
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2014, 10:12:43 PM »
Yeah, maybe back when he was thinner.

But speaking of HIMYM, I've been thinking lately that Cobie Smulders would make an awesome Susan Rodriguez.

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2014, 02:36:17 PM »
Kay, hivemind: I've tried to bring this up in the casting thread over in the Spoilers section, but no one took the bait.

Who would you cast for
(click to show/hide)
?

Can we discuss that here, or shall we all hop on over to the Spoilers thread? http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,41668.165.html

JB, TC

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2014, 02:51:53 PM »
Id cast him as the same as his appearance in GS and Changes.  It's kinda hard to pick somebody specific, but honenstly he's so rarely on screen and without much in the way of emotional range, that I think it's the kind of role they will poach somebody from the modelling world and act around them.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #326 on: July 25, 2014, 04:54:21 PM »
Id cast him as the same as his appearance in GS and Changes.  It's kinda hard to pick somebody specific, but honenstly he's so rarely on screen and without much in the way of emotional range, that I think it's the kind of role they will poach somebody from the modelling world and act around them.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Stephen Amell is pretty :)  I mean, you'd never get him for a bit part like that, but he's pretty.
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 25, 2014, 05:34:10 PM »
Stephen Amell is pretty :)  I mean, you'd never get him for a bit part like that, but he's pretty.
He might, if Uriel's roll continues to grow.  I think he could do a good surprised/bewildered look for Uriel when he is surprised by harry and humanity. 

Personally, i wish Uriel had kept the Jake look from SmF.  Then it would be obvious.

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #328 on: July 25, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
Also:  I haven't been able to get Weird Al as Butters out of my head lately.

And Morgan Freeman can be anyone or anything he wants :)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 25, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »
I always see Uriel as Morgan Freeman, no matter its current look.

Stephen Amell is pretty, I agree with that. Uriel is relatively impassible, so he may do it, but I really think he is not a good actor.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)