Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259859 times)

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #300 on: July 17, 2014, 12:55:05 AM »
I found Murphy.

Kacy Catanzaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZFuw7a13E

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »
I found Murphy.

Kacy Catanzaro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfZFuw7a13E

Yes, you did.

If we're doing sports players, Adam Wainwright often stars as my mental Dresden.  Possibly just because the guy is 6'7".  The one on the right.

(click to show/hide)

Who, this guy?
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, goofy enough. :)

I could see Neuer as Madrigal.
I would like a role for Cillessen. perhaps Daniel Carpenter or a fae.

(click to show/hide)

Daniel's a good choice, I think.
Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2014, 03:47:17 PM »

Who, this guy?
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, goofy enough. :)

I've never seen that one before, and now I love him even more.  Um, not that I'm insanely obsessed or anything.  Just the right amount of obsessed for a native St. Louisan.  There is also some awesome footage of him attempting to sing for charity somewhere that is what originally got him stuck in my head for Harry.  (Alas, he's a little busy right now to be starting an acting career.  And it would be a major pay cut.)
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline Amber

• Posty McPostington
  • Enchanted Storm
    • View Profile
    • My Own Message Board
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2014, 04:38:05 PM »
"I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale."
- Marie Curie

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2014, 03:31:34 AM »
If you follow Royal Pains, this season features a mobster from New Jersey.  The guy does the full range and looks the part too.  His name is Jeremy Davidson, and he is Marcone.  Looks fit, knows how to wear a suit and can be all buddy buddy one second and ice cold the next.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2014, 03:37:44 AM »
I have no problem with Davidson but I don't really think Marcone has been "all buddy buddy" ever.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2014, 02:13:01 PM »
I have no problem with Davidson but I don't really think Marcone has been "all buddy buddy" ever.
I think Marcone can appear friendly when he wants to, which is what I meant, although I certainly didn't make that clear.  Going from "hey we're all friends here" false joviality to "I told you how it's going to be" with an icy look in a heartbeat.
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."

Offline cptnspldng

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »
In the light of the news over the weekend I began to ask "What character in the DF James Garner could have played?"

He could certainly play funny, snarky, devious and able to take a major beatdown and then get up and hand it back. He couldn't do the really young version but I would have loved to see him as a mid-30's Harry.
Look, he said to his imagination, if this is how you're going to behave, I shan't bring you again.
(Terry Pratchett, "Going Postal")

What fresh Hell is this?

Offline rudobrody

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
In the light of the news over the weekend I began to ask "What character in the DF James Garner could have played?"

He could certainly play funny, snarky, devious and able to take a major beatdown and then get up and hand it back. He couldn't do the really young version but I would have loved to see him as a mid-30's Harry.

I think he could have made a decent Ebenezar also.  Maybe not the best choice, but certainly not the worst either.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2014, 04:00:59 PM »
Garner would have made a perfect Malcolm.  He was great at playing the nice guy who never quite really knew what was going on but had a great heart and knew what to say.

Offline cptnspldng

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
Here's one from left field: Margo Martindale as Mother Winter.
Look, he said to his imagination, if this is how you're going to behave, I shan't bring you again.
(Terry Pratchett, "Going Postal")

What fresh Hell is this?

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2014, 12:41:14 AM »
Here's one from left field: Margo Martindale as Mother Winter.

She was great on Justified, but I'm not sure about her as MW.  I would like to see her, though.  I'm trying to think of any other role, but I guess there aren't any, are there?  She's not really what I picture for his landlady. 

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:48 AM »
I've seen her several times and she is great. I think with a good makeup she would be a good MW.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline frankcesca

• Posty McPostington
  • Captain Nitpick
    • View Profile
    • and then I cooked...
« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »
How about these two for Harry and Thomas? Put some dark hair on 'em and I'd be sold. In fact, this is how I always pictured Thomas before remembering he's got dark hair as well.

I've never seen Queer as Folk, so I wouldn't have a hard time watching these two be brothers instead of lovers, but that might be different for some of you!

Also, Anna Paquin for Anna Valmont. Or, Heck, Murph. Nearly.

Carlos is a planarian.  This is quite efficient as, if he is ever bisected during a fight, there will be two of him.

You are a good person. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Not even yourself.
JB, TC

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
Your Harry looks all right but Thomas is, in my mind, much more attractive than that man.
Missing you, Md