Author Topic: Perfect Casting Part Three  (Read 259859 times)

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting Part Three
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2014, 06:52:35 PM »
Absolutely 100% heard "Will Smith" come out of Jim Butcher's mouth in a YouTube video for one of his Q&A sessions at a book signing.  If I'm not mistaken, it was in 2011.

He also said Will Smith in the Reddit AMA he did last week...or at least, someone mentioned it and he responded positively.  He also said, several times, that he thinks the best way to do another TV series or movie would be animated - and I tend to agree.  But the fantasy casting is still fun...

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »
I think I may have said this before, but now that I've seen him as a vampire in "Only Lovers Left Alive" (which was great), I'm going with Tom Hiddleston as Thomas.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3606366208/tt1714915?ref_=ttmi_mi_all_sf_4
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:58:52 PM by AndiSue »

Offline Al-Hajj Bilal Ammar Jihad

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
...Thanks, that will be his new look in my mind from now on.  Congrats, Mr Carey, you are now chewing off the fingers of beautiful women in my mind.  And you thought Kick Ass 2 was bad... :-\

Sorry, Quantus...

That was how he popped into my head the first time I read the description of him, and it's been there ever since.  No amount of brain bleach helps.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:22 AM »
I had the *same* visualization!!!

I suspect a lot of folks did, but won't admit it.  And again, I didn't ask for it.  That's what reading the description gave me.  Just like the first time I read a description of Will Borden, he became Jack Black.  Been that way ever since.  Same for John Marcone--Robert Loggia.
Come not between the Nazgul and his prey, or he will not slay thee in thy turn.  He will bear thee away to the Houses of Lamentation, beyond all Darkness, where thy living flesh shall be devoured and thy shriveled mind left naked before the Lidless Eye.

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2014, 10:59:37 AM »
I suspect a lot of folks did, but won't admit it.  And again, I didn't ask for it.  That's what reading the description gave me.  Just like the first time I read a description of Will Borden, he became Jack Black.  Been that way ever since.  Same for John Marcone--Robert Loggia.

I've got that with Johnny Galecki for Butters and Ray Wise for Marcone.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2014, 12:44:39 PM »
Ray Wise is a quintessential Mafia villain, but I cant see him being as personally formidable as Marcone needs to be.  Maronce is a guy who can run atop trains battling demons and accurately throw knives at distance while hanging upside down in the dark. 

Who should Jeremy Irons play?  He needs to be in it and could fit several characters I think
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline AndiSue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2014, 01:02:47 PM »
Ray Wise is a quintessential Mafia villain, but I cant see him being as personally formidable as Marcone needs to be.  Maronce is a guy who can run atop trains battling demons and accurately throw knives at distance while hanging upside down in the dark. 

Who should Jeremy Irons play?  He needs to be in it and could fit several characters I think
Ray Wise got stuck in my head before I knew Marcone was such a bad ass and I haven't been able to get over it :-)

Jeremy Irons...good question...

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2014, 04:06:38 PM »
I could see him as a Nic, a Cristos, maaaybe a La Fortier, and most any of the incidental villains. 
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
  • When you hear hoof beats think horses not zebras.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2014, 07:13:20 PM »
kk so did this quick so I could get the picks that popped into my head, figuring they would be the 1s to invoke the character more so.

Harry = Eric Balfour
Thomas = Jared Padalecki
Murphy = Emily Rose   (sorry she just fits in my mind as perfect )
Morgan = Idris Elba  (influenced by the TV show DF, also his attitude he gives in his roles fits )
Eb = Jim Beaver   (ever since I first read Eb he has fit the appearance an attitude best )
Molly = Kaley Cuoco   ( beautiful and has that sarcastic comedy down )
Lea = Angelina Jolie  (she seems a better choice for the playful Lea)
Mab = Charlize Theron  ( she would play the more serious Mab )
Merlin = Liam Neesim 
Butters = Johnny Galecki or Brian Dietzen  (either 1 would be great they both evoke that image and attitude of Butters)
Nic = Mark Sheppard  (influenced by his roles in Leverage and Supernatural, he fits Nic in my mind)
Carlos = Wilmer Valderrama 
Marcone = Jim Caviezel  ( was thinking George Clooney but he needed to be dangerous so Jim popped into mind )
Mac = Bruce Willis  ( influenced by someone else's post and couldn't deny it )
Susan = Sarah Shahi
Kincaid = Eric Christian Olsen   ( has the height and sandy blonde look, also tactical experience from NCIS LA )

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:23:20 PM by Phariah »
Duty is as heavy as a mountain
  Death is as light as a feather

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »
kk so did this quick so I could get the picks that popped into my head, figuring they would be the 1s to invoke the character more so.

Harry = Eric Balfour
Thomas = Jared Padalecki
Murphy = Emily Rose   (sorry she just fits in my mind as perfect )
Morgan = Idris Elba  (influenced by the TV show DF, also his attitude he gives in his roles fits )
Eb = Jim Beaver   (ever since I first read Eb he has fit the appearance an attitude best )
Molly = Kaley Cuoco   ( beautiful and has that sarcastic comedy down )
Lea = Angelina Jolie  (she seems a better choice for the playful Lea)
Mab = Charlize Theron  ( she would play the more serious Mab )
Merlin = Liam Neesim 
Butters = Johnny Galecki or Brian Dietzen  (either 1 would be great they both evoke that image and attitude of Butters)
Nic = Mark Sheppard  (influenced by his roles in Leverage and Supernatural, he fits Nic in my mind)
Carlos = Wilmer Valderrama 
Marcone = Jim Caviezel  ( was thinking George Clooney but he needed to be dangerous so Jim popped into mind )
Mac = Bruce Willis  ( influenced by someone else's post and couldn't deny it )
Susan = Sarah Shahi
Kincaid = Eric Christian Olsen   ( has the height and sandy blonde look, also tactical experience from NCIS LA )

I like and dislike some of the choices, but I'm glad someone else is on the Eric Balfour train. he does snark so well.  and he just looks like a wizard. if only he didn't have so much muscle.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2014, 08:26:38 PM »
Balfour can do the serious / wiseass mix so well.

just curious who you liked as well.

DV Phariah V1.2 YR 2 FR0.5 BK+++RP JB- TH WG+++ CL SW BC+ MC--- SH[Murphy++, Lara+]

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2014, 06:50:15 AM »

I see Jeremy Irons as Grevane or as DuMorne.  I admit surprise that no one seems willing to consider Robert Loggia as Marcone, 'cause he's got that "quiet but deadly" persona down.  Read any lengthy dialogue by Marcone and imagine Loggia speaking the lines.  Fits perfectly.

Offline Phariah

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2014, 07:11:17 AM »
I see Jeremy Irons as Grevane or as DuMorne.  I admit surprise that no one seems willing to consider Robert Loggia as Marcone, 'cause he's got that "quiet but deadly" persona down.  Read any lengthy dialogue by Marcone and imagine Loggia speaking the lines.  Fits perfectly.
cant picture him hanging upside down an throwing a knife, or swinging out of a copter w/ a rifle, or running along a train shooting tbh. it is more than just dialogue. he needs to do action and be fit. Loggia doesn't do it for me.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2014, 06:22:20 PM »
I agree about Grevane or DuMorne. But not about Loggia, he doesn't seem good for me.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Quantus

• Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
cant picture him hanging upside down an throwing a knife, or swinging out of a copter w/ a rifle, or running along a train shooting tbh. it is more than just dialogue. he needs to do action and be fit. Loggia doesn't do it for me.
For the dialoge bit sure, he right up there with De Niro.  But I cant see This man doing the action sequences Marcone needs to be capable of.

(click to show/hide)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/