Author Topic: Storm Front screenplay or movie script for your review  (Read 4999 times)

Offline alexcomp

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Storm Front screenplay or movie script for your review
« on: July 26, 2013, 05:13:39 AM »
Hello fellow Dresden File aficionados,
Long time fan, first time poster.
I was working on a screenplay for Storm Front but was unsure of whether I was going in the right direction. I was hoping to post the first few pages somewhere for critique but wasn't sure if it was allowed on here. So I am posting the question to anyone monitoring the boards if it would be okay to post the first couple of pages of the screenplay I am adapting?
I will respect your decision but I thought I should ask first since I couldn't find anything against it in the Forum rules that were posted. But just because it wasn't there doesn't mean it is not allowed.
Anyway, I hope I get the thumbs up and if I do I hope you will enjoy it.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from someone. I'll check back periodically if I don't hear back from anyone.

Cheers!

Steve O.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Front screenplay or movie script for your review
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:10:15 AM »
That would be a No Go, I'm afraid.  Same reason we can't have fan fiction here... It creates a legal jeopardy for Jim.

Offline alexcomp

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:02:44 AM »
No problem. Thanks for the clarification.

Offline Sully

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
I thought fan fiction was fine, it just had to be in it's own forum and by posting it there you cede the rights to Jim?

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:36 AM »
Check with Priscellie on that.  Last I heard, it was a No-Go at least in these forums.  But maybe check with her in case something changed.

Offline Sully

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
Check with Priscellie on that.  Last I heard, it was a No-Go at least in these forums.  But maybe check with her in case something changed.

Um.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/board,29.0.html
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/board,30.0.html

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 06:40:36 AM »

Um.

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/board,29.0.html
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/board,30.0.html

Its about time Jim got with the times.  Personally it doesn't go far enough but that's just about all I've got to say on that matter.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
His house, his rules. He'll go as far as he likes.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

If I walk into a store that sells AD&D 3rd edition source books but refuses to let me open the book to read any of it before purchase, it may be the owner house and his rules, but I still plan to sound off and give the owner my advice.

While I fully endorse the man's right to make the decision.   I don't really agree with the decision itself and I do recognize that while my money is where my mouth is that this doesn't mean a much as my site's not fully up and running yet and I'm not nearly as successful as the man himself.

These are big decisions and I don't mean or intend to make light of them.  But when you're wrong you're wrong and still very much free to do whatever it is you like.

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 03:10:23 PM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 03:57:25 PM »
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,15307.0.html

Offline Sully

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
Its about time Jim got with the times.  Personally it doesn't go far enough but that's just about all I've got to say on that matter.

The Deposed King

If I walk into a store that sells AD&D 3rd edition source books but refuses to let me open the book to read any of it before purchase, it may be the owner house and his rules, but I still plan to sound off and give the owner my advice.

While I fully endorse the man's right to make the decision.   I don't really agree with the decision itself and I do recognize that while my money is where my mouth is that this doesn't mean a much as my site's not fully up and running yet and I'm not nearly as successful as the man himself.

These are big decisions and I don't mean or intend to make light of them.  But when you're wrong you're wrong and still very much free to do whatever it is you like.

The Deposed King

Ugh I want TT back.  IP is always fun to get into.

Offline Ziggelly

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 12:35:33 AM »
So... guys? We still haven't really answered the question. If fanfiction is allowed - which I think we've established that it is - I'd assume that alexcomp is free to post his screenplay, right? I, for one, would really like to see it. :D

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 02:42:02 AM »

The Deposed King

These were all discussed in depth before, during and after the decision-making, so I'm absolutely certain he's aware of counter-opinions and took them fully into account. What it comes down to is this: he did make an informed decision, and that's pretty much the way it's going to stand until he gets different data and the body of case law moves in another direction. Not dismissing your thoughts, mind you, just saying that he's not only heard them (among many others) but has also been known to voice similar ones himself before, yet here we are.

One small tip: Bluntly declaring those who disagree to be "wrong" is generally not considered a good way to get them to change their minds. ;)

So... guys? We still haven't really answered the question. If fanfiction is allowed - which I think we've established that it is - I'd assume that alexcomp is free to post his screenplay, right? I, for one, would really like to see it. :D

Fire away! I'd suggest the I Made An Art subforum.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:43:53 AM by Shecky »
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 02:45:26 AM »
Ugh I want TT back.  IP is always fun to get into.

Never gonna happen. Not unless Jim cuts all ties with the boards, since the decision was made based on Jim's own wishes.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 04:15:44 AM »
-snip-

One small tip: Bluntly declaring those who disagree to be "wrong" is generally not considered a good way to get them to change their minds. ;)

-snip-

;D  Got to excited seeing him change of course on this subject.

The Deposed King