Author Topic: Storm Front screenplay or movie script for your review  (Read 4997 times)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Re: Storm Front screenplay or movie script for your review
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 04:17:56 AM »
-snip-

One small tip: Bluntly declaring those who disagree to be "wrong" is generally not considered a good way to get them to change their minds. ;)

-snip-

;D  Got to excited seeing him changing of course on this subject.  We just went from multiple years of what was essentially, not no never not no how, to limited allowance.  And I allowed this to color my view of balanced discussion.  My bad.

The Deposed King
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:19:33 AM by The Deposed King »

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 04:38:58 AM »
No, none of us have EVER gotten excited about something and had that happen. ;)

Seriously, it's something that still worries me. I mean, Jim's got about ten books left in this series, which means there are a lot of ideas in his head that haven't reached paper or computer yet. And even the most well-meaning fanfic writer can get overwhelmed with "But *I* had that idea! He must've gotten it when I posted it online!" sometimes (we've heard horror stories). And the ones who have that moment of convergence but never act on it will likely be bothered by it for the rest of their lives. Jim's a fan himself, so he really would wish that nobody ever feel like that.

So, yeah, fanfic's okay around here... but out of respect to those awkwardnesses, it might be better to not post it openly, to say that it's there and available, and DM/email it to those interested. That way, everyone who wants to can read it, and there aren't any of those aforementioned possible booby traps. NB: This is NOT a directive pointed at anyone in any way whatsoever. It's just a possible route, that's all.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »
Fanfic's never been my thing.  And I haven't dared an attempt at 'Urban Fantasy'.  This will be nice for all those fan-atics out there who love the fanfic and I am really happy for them.  I've always been more of a get help on my Sci-Fi or straight up Fantasy writing.

Maybe someday I'll foray into the whole urban front.

Oh well, its not like I'm not able to get help when I need it on the other stuff.  I'd just be cool to be able to get a chapter or couple paragraphs looked at occasionally, in a specially designated area.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Aminar

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
There are some good writing groups out there Deposed King.  The on on the 17th shard(Sanderson's fan forums) is pretty great.