Author Topic: New sub-board or Tag for RPG  (Read 11025 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
New sub-board or Tag for RPG
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
Would it be possible to make a special sub-Bar board for all the RPG threads? Or at least ask that the ongoing threads get labeled as RPG rather than actual discussion topics?

The first 10 threads a few minutes ago were all RPG things.  It just seems to be getting a little cluttered....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
Re: New sub-board or Tag for RPG
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »
There's a separate board for the DFRPG and the "Billy's Game Den" sub-board in the Bar for non-DF RPGs.  Where are you seeing this congestion?

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:16:18 PM »
It's in The Bar.  Most of the regulars now participate in RPG's and have threads and support threads.  It's not specifically Dresden related and has kind of grown as an offshoot from the Hellfire thread.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »
That's what "Billy's Game Den" is for.  Right?  I'm not going crazy?

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 11:21:30 PM »
TBH I don't think most of them know that. It's kind of grown from the weird denizens so they automatically posted it in the bar.

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 11:22:24 PM »
Post links here, and I'll move them.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:40:05 PM »
Beat me to it- thanks.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »
Welcome, Fyrchick.

Offline JinElusion

• O. M. G.
  • The Sword of the Evening
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Hey, Pris. Since you're moving them anyway, can you Sticky the Thread titled "RP Listing Revamp"? It would be a great help. Thanks!
"Even if I go to hell, I will live until the end of the world, and if the world does not end; I will destroy it myself." - Grahf, Xenogears

"There's gonna be some stuff you're gonna see that's gonna make it hard to smile in the future." - 2pac

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 11:51:39 PM »
Good idea, Jin.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:23 PM »
I never knew there were suppose to be in the Game Den. In fact, I remember having asked the same long ago, and being told that Hellfire were the heart of the bar, so to speak.
I completely understand the logic, but I think it is a bad idea in the long term. Those threads become hiperlong, and as they are cleaned every week is not so bad, but if they are going to be there for a month, they would become very heavy.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 12:00:10 AM »
I never knew there were suppose to be in the Game Den. In fact, I remember having asked the same long ago, and being told that Hellfire were the heart of the bar, so to speak.
I completely understand the logic, but I think it is a bad idea in the long term. Those threads become hiperlong, and as they are cleaned every week is not so bad, but if they are going to be there for a month, they would become very heavy.

Well, Hellfire used to be a lot different. Its current incarnation is nothing like when it started.
The threads can be split at a certain number of replies, so length isn't an issue, and the game area can take the archived threads.
The (non DFRPG) RPG stuff really belongs in the game board since it's a game and not really general discussion.

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 12:09:12 AM »
Yes, I insist I completely understand the logic. I was told otherwise, but that is no problem, but I really think some measure must be taken to do the RP threads cut and not going for a month.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Priscellie

• The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 01:50:32 AM »
Moved!