Poll

Is Cowl Simon Petrovich?

YES
NO

Author Topic: [CD spoilers] Cowl = Simon reference thread  (Read 57553 times)

wizard nelson

Re: [CD spoilers] Cowl = Simon reference thread
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
somewhere in DB harry references he's most likely WC as his inside info is so good. i know doesn't prove much. i don't like the 'simon cowl' idea either.. what about cristos though? haven't heard much WAG on that? i still lay down my vote for bizarro harry/molly.... :o OR maybe bizarro thomas? or justin with burns... thomas would be kinda cool plus cowl has pale skin, ain't entirely human, is tall, ect. anyone will do besides 'simon cowl'.... i HATE simon cowl....

Offline madness

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »
Grevane was clearly not in the same league as Cowl (Grevane wasn't even in the same league as Corpsetaker, IMO).

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 07:24:07 AM »
i really doubt Simon = Cowl. it would be such a let down if it was so easy.

as to him saying he hates Kemmler. it doesn't matter because if he was an evil apprentice of a an evil master mind it goes w/ the evil hat. it usually is a love / hate relationship. he just didn't want to be associated w/ Kemmler because he didn't like how he carried out his plans? his teaching methods? whatever. he does however associate w/ CT and Grevane. he is planning with them while preparing to fight them for the Darkhallow. and they know him. fits with him being an apprentice of Kemmler while hating the guy.

as to being a SC level wizard. just because he is that powerful does not mean he is in the SC. CT and Grevane are considered just as powerful as Cowl. so does that make them SC members?

so what Simon has a female apprentice so does Harry. it has no weight to the theory.

Do we know that Cowl was a disciple of Kemmler.  Harry calls all 3 of the necromancers "kemmlerites" but we only get explicit confirmation for Grevane (in Dead Beat) and Corpsetaker (in Ghost Story)

Grevane and Corpsetaker are definately not SC level. We have multiple instances of Harry remarking on how powerfull Cowl is and how he would have squished Harry if not for luck but we get no such remarks for the other two necromancers.
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54:15 AM »
Do we know that Cowl was a disciple of Kemmler.  Harry calls all 3 of the necromancers "kemmlerites" but we only get explicit confirmation for Grevane (in Dead Beat) and Corpsetaker (in Ghost Story)

Grevane and Corpsetaker are definately not SC level. We have multiple instances of Harry remarking on how powerfull Cowl is and how he would have squished Harry if not for luck but we get no such remarks for the other two necromancers.
Cowl also implies that he usually had to do the hard work instead of Corpsetaker or Grevane when he released the Erlking from Harry's trap.

I wouldn't be so sure that Grevane and Corpsetaker weren't SC level.  They were stronger than Harry one-on-one, and it didn't seem that they were pulling out all the stops.  Do we have a better way to measure the difference between Harry's strength and a low-end SC member's strength?
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

Offline ff88

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »
the ice king from adventure' real name is also simon petrovich. hmmmmmmmmmm.....

wizard nelson

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 03:44:35 AM »
any direct evidence against rashid being cowl? not supposed actual? the gatekeeper is busy alot which would explain why cowl is hardly ever around, if rashid is cowl then i say maggie is kimori. just a guess. is there any prof directly against cowl rashid though? being in two places at once, that sorta thing? (rashid could probably manage that of course)

Offline phoenixjustice

• Conversationalist
  • I believe in you, Spike.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 06:45:14 AM »
any direct evidence against rashid being cowl? not supposed actual? the gatekeeper is busy alot which would explain why cowl is hardly ever around, if rashid is cowl then i say maggie is kimori. just a guess. is there any prof directly against cowl rashid though? being in two places at once, that sorta thing? (rashid could probably manage that of course)

Height discrepancies for one. Rashid is taller than Harry after all and Cowl isn't described as being taller than Harry or even the same height IIRC.

DV PhoenixJusticev1.2YR9FR(M)6, BK++, RP, JB+, TH++, WG++, CL++, SW+, BC+, MC+++++, SH(Lash++, Murphy++,Molly+++,Morgan++,Marcone++, Kincaid++, Bob++, Mavra----, Nic+, DF OTP ++++)

wizard nelson

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »
Height discrepancies for one. Rashid is taller than Harry after all and Cowl isn't described as being taller than Harry or even the same height IIRC.
he's pretty tall, it doesn't give a reference to harrys height though IIRC

Offline Tebasile

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
Okay, have to delurk for that one  ;) :

If Vader=Cowl
Is Cowl Harry's Dad?  ;D

A bit more serious:
I also took the Goethe reference to point toward a Faustian bargain for Cowl.
But I'm German and here Faust is always associated with Goethe (and was the only classic book/play I really liked when reading it in school  ;) )

Offline Ben de Wal

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »
he's pretty tall, it doesn't give a reference to harrys height though IIRC
rashid is tall then Harry cowl shorter we know from woj tha Harry rates people tall the him, shoter then him and a lot shorter and harry being  6 6 or 6 8? not many people are taller then him kinda  easy  if cow=rashid there are only 30 40 wizards who could take him...

wizard nelson

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 08:34:31 AM »
rashid is tall then Harry cowl shorter we know from woj tha Harry rates people tall the him, shoter then him and a lot shorter and harry being  6 6 or 6 8? not many people are taller then him kinda  easy  if cow=rashid there are only 30 40 wizards who could take him...
i mean a comparison eg harry is taller or shorter. iirc rashid is taller.

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 09:22:07 AM »

He was busy with the rest of the senior council against the Red Court, does that count?

And IIRC we have WoJ that Margaret's not coming back.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

wizard nelson

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 10:20:29 AM »
He was busy with the rest of the senior council against the Red Court, does that count?

And IIRC we have WoJ that Margaret's not coming back.
got any direct quotes? he usually doesn't do most council functions...

Offline TheCuriousFan

• Special Collections Division
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:07 AM »
got any direct quotes? he usually doesn't do most council functions...

Quote from: Chapter 31
Luccio nodded. "A major assault. Madrid, Sao Paolo, Acapulco, Athens. We struck at enemy strongholds there to acquire intelligence to the whereabouts of the prisoners. Our people were being held in Belize." She waved a hand vaguely at Morgan.

"Our intelligence indicated the presence of the highest-ranking members of the Red Court, including the Red King himself. The Merlin and the rest of the Senior Council took the field with us," Morgan said quietly.
Currently dealing with a backlog of games.

If you want me to type up a book quote or find a WoJ quote, send me a PM.

Rest in peace mdodd.

wizard nelson

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42:30 AM »
huh... then why the heck do people think its simon? :o cristo is much better choice? or is my timeline fuddled? intellectus sucks... shoulda asked for x-ray vision 8)