Author Topic: Dresden Files: Dallas (Obsidian Portal)  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Wolfhound

• Participant
  • Trí Dhia a mhaireann an mhuintir go deo
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files: Dallas (DFRPG)
Dresden Files: Dallas (Obsidian Portal)
« on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:25 PM »
Well... the community over at Obsidian Portal saw fit to give our humble Dresden Files game the nod as Campaign of the Month for December.

I figured some of the folks here might be interested. Hopefully it's at least entertaining.  :D

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dfd
Dresden Files: Dallas (DFRPG)  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dfd
#6 Top Campaign on Obsidian Portal, 200+ fans
2011 December Campaign of the Month (Campaign of the Year runner-up)
Won't y'all come on by and join the fun?

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files: Dallas (Obsidian Portal)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:55:10 PM »
(But was it all a dream?  +1 to whoever gets this)

Great site, lots of details.  Definitely gonna watch some of the episodes/give the site a thorough read-through once finals are done.

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 05:49:28 AM »

That would be a quick way to fix "Since the campaign went off the rails and we killed off the wrong PC, let's back it up to point X and everything else? Just a dream".

At least it could if the players go for it... If it worked for a major show like that it can work for a small group... Then again, many fans reported feeling ripped off by the "just a dream - I'm alive again" season that wasn't.

Richard

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:46:28 AM »

Ah yes, good old Dallas. Surprised there are many people old enough to remember it, though I probably shouldn't be!

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 03:08:57 PM »
Ah yes, good old Dallas. Surprised there are many people old enough to remember it, though I probably shouldn't be!

For the record, don't actually remember this show live, but I've a lot about that ill-fated season.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
Really an awesome job on the site.  Love the visuals and the campaign itself. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Kiero

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 12:27:21 AM »
I really love the layout, I've suggested we use something similar on our own site. The Cast page is particularly neat, it really draws you in and makes you want to learn more about each character.

Offline Wolfhound

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
For fear of being accused of thread necromancy, I didn't see a need to re-create this. However, I just wanted to briefly update:

We've gotten a 100 followers this week for our campaign. Plus, recently many of my players have been adding/updating our "Blog" with a flurry of postgame webisode* updates.

*basically "short stories" featuring their characters in our little chunk of the Dresdenverse.

If you like reading DFRPG based fanfic ... er ... well it's not really intended to be fan-fiction but I guess it works out that way ... please stop on by, comment/leave feedback/favorite the campaign. We're happy to hear from you.

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:15 PM »
I like the layout.  I may be totally clueless, but did you guys make up the character sheets and layout yourself, or is there a template somewhere?  Our group uses OP as well to track our campaign, but it looks really bland compared to yours. 

It looks sharp.  Nice touch with the opening credits.  Our campaign is based in Hawaii, so I was thinking of using the Hawaii 5-0 soundtrack for our music to open our sessions - but got voted down.

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:58:11 PM »
I like the layout.  I may be totally clueless, but did you guys make up the character sheets and layout yourself, or is there a template somewhere?  Our group uses OP as well to track our campaign, but it looks really bland compared to yours. 

It looks sharp.  Nice touch with the opening credits.  Our campaign is based in Hawaii, so I was thinking of using the Hawaii 5-0 soundtrack for our music to open our sessions - but got voted down.

I would suggest you look at the tutorials Wolfhound provided on his main Wiki page for coding your own page.  They really helped me with my Seattle Dresden game.  Great stuff. 
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Wolfhound

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 08:03:32 AM »
I like the layout.  I may be totally clueless, but did you guys make up the character sheets and layout yourself, or is there a template somewhere?

Yes, I did it myself. As HumAnnoyed mentioned I wrote some basic basic tutorials (intro to CSS with an Obsidian Portal focus) and you can find them on my Wiki page there at the site.

Also you can find some generic templates that I created for my player's use, feel free to use/modify whatever you find there that might be useful.

ps - I think an intro movie to the Hawaii 5-0 theme song would ROCK... but then again, I grew up watching McGarrett (the original one)

Offline JediDresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  I'll have to mess around with it a bit and see.  I looked at it a little over the weekend and found some interesting things you have done.  Very nice site.

I grew up with the old 5-0 as well, although the new one isn't bad either.

Offline Wolfhound

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:01 AM »
It’s been a while, but since our Midseason Finale (Outlaw) we’ve had every single player turn in a postgame. Interestingly, every single one of them takes place in the minutes shortly after the events of the game itself so they somewhat interlock.

Dresden Files Dallas: Midseason Finale – Episode #13 – Outlaw
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dfd/wikis/episodes

I even wrote a postgame from the point of view of one of our more prominent NPCs just for the fun of it. Each is written by a different person (well except for Conor and the NPC) so they’re at times wildly different in tone and style. Quite an interesting dynamic I think.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 04:02:37 AM »
we still do our Miami Dresden game here in Austin TX but we made our own Website so we dont use ObPrtl much