Author Topic: The truth about Fitz  (Read 59101 times)

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
So...Jim didn't actually say Fitz is cursed, Serack did...?

It's because he has red hair isn't it? Ron Weasley had red hair! Ginger power!

(Even though I have brown hair  :P)

He could also be related to Gard, lots of Scandinavians have red hair, remember the famous Viking, Eric the Red?

Offline LDF

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
  That is a good point, but a stretch in my opinion, yes the age is all wrong. What tells me more than anything he isn't Tera West's pup, is his behavior.  Wolves are social creatures, they run in packs and are very good parents.  Tera West was impressive in her values,  a big thing she did was to teach the Alphas a good value system and what it means to be a wolf.  Fitz didn't show any of that, yeah, he is a sensitive, and Harry saw that he wasn't all bad, but if Harry hadn't come along, Fitz would have continued down the same road he was on most likely.  To me that just doesn't fit with the values of Tera West.
And if he ran away....he wouldn't have been raised by Tera.

The 'values' you are talking about are really nebulous things...it just doesn't disprove the theory.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
He could also be related to Gard, lots of Scandinavians have red hair, remember the famous Viking, Eric the Red?

But red hair is associated with the Irish, not the Scandanavians.  Yes, there are red haired Vikings, but from what I've seen Blonde and Black hair is WAAAAY more common than Red hair. 

Edit: And you keep bringing up Eric the Red.  Are you a descendant or something?  Not mocking, I'm just curious.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:20:29 PM by Warden John Marcone »
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline LDF

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
But red hair is associated with the Irish, not the Scandanavians.  Yes, there are red haired Vikings, but from what I've seen Blonde and Black hair is WAAAAY more common than Red hair.
In addition...how would he be related to Gard?

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile

Edit: And you keep bringing up Eric the Red.  Are you a descendant or something?  Not mocking, I'm just curious.
No, I happen to be a Danish decent, lots of red heads in my family.  There was a bit of a Scandinavian colony where I grew up, a lot of them were red heads.  In fact I know more red heads of Scandinavian decent than I do Irish, most of the ones I know have black hair.

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

"Red or reddish-tinged hair is also found in other European populations particularly in the Nordic and Baltic countries as well as parts of the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, France, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Russia and South Slavic countries."
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_hair

"Red or reddish-tinged hair is also found in other European populations particularly in the Nordic and Baltic countries as well as parts of the Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, France, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Russia and South Slavic countries."

Yeah, it is all about the right combo of genes, it isn't good to generalize too much about any group.

Offline Sm0kEyNy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
i always took Eric the red being odd for haveing red hair thus being dubbed eric the red but what do iknow
The force is like Duct Tape - it has a dark side, it has a light side, and it binds the universe together!

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
i always took Eric the red being odd for haveing red hair thus being dubbed eric the red but what do iknow

That is how I understood he got the name, but I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time nor the last.

Offline Arkham8

• Posty McPostington
  • The Man with the Silver Voice
    • View Profile
I always figured he was angry and/or blood-soaked.
Arkham's First Law: Sufficiently charismatic bullshit is indistinguishable from knowledge.

Offline Sm0kEyNy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I always figured he was angry and/or blood-soaked.

he was pissed off cuz he was a ginger
The force is like Duct Tape - it has a dark side, it has a light side, and it binds the universe together!

Offline Sir Huron Stone

• Posty McPostington
  • Just another day.
    • View Profile
he was pissed off cuz he was a ginger
HA!
Some people are like slinkies; they're utterly useless, yet you can't help but smile as they fall down the stairs.

Offline Mira

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
HA!

Makes sense because red heads are supposed to have bad tempers... ;)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
 Anybody taken a good look at those two Irish hockey players the O'Sedin twins????
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline polkaneverdies

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Fitz protects the members of his "pack". He takes the punishment his "Alpha" dishes out. He follows the lead of his alpha. What doesn't work as wolfish?

Additionally I don't recall who made the comment but what "good values" did Tera West teach the Alphas?