Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 224649 times)

Offline jachreja

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »
Hey everyone! First time posting here, actually.

Longtime reader (8 books back or so) first time poster :P.

First off, totally called the Kincaid shooting thing, just ... fit somehow.

How and why? I had no on earthly freaking clue.

I was wondering the entire events of ghost story, as to where the hell Georgia was? Any thoughts?

Offline Sunburned White Court

• Conversationalist
  • I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
;) he was wasn't he? I imagine Georgia was probably busy with an infant so just didn't get involved eh?
Guess how many jellybeans are in my head!
I just lost XD

Offline WhoWalksBehind

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2011, 03:10:57 PM »
I unfortunately think it is likely that Harry will end the series with no-one. That's just my opinion, but let's be honest. We love him for it, but Jim is a sadistic mofo when it comes to Harry. I hope he winds up happy and with someone and gets a great ending, but I'm thinking he may wind up dead or alone...

Jim has said that he is letting Harry's love life form naturally. He doesn't have a plan for it at all. But I do not think he will end up alone, we have several more case books to go then the epic trilogy ending. Harry is gonna get into a relationship during that time.

But personally I hope we can get past the sexual tension between him and Murphy. I mean come on! There is only so much of that that I can take.

At the end of changes they were about to get it on and she says wait I have to go home and take a shower?? What?? There is a bed on the Water Beetle just get to it... lol just another example of how Jim almost gives us some epic multi book plot line pay off and then says "No soup for you!!"" I hate it when it happens, but at the same time I can't get enough. Can't wait for "Cold Days!"

Offline bweldon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:38 PM »
All I have to say after reading the book,  Jim you are one sneaky son of a gun.   Loved it,  For some reason once I read that the body was not found,  I had this feeling that some sort of interesting twist would come about in the end.  Fantastic!!!!

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
Hey everyone! First time posting here, actually.

Longtime reader (8 books back or so) first time poster :P.

First off, totally called the Kincaid shooting thing, just ... fit somehow.

How and why? I had no on earthly freaking clue.

I was wondering the entire events of ghost story, as to where the hell Georgia was? Any thoughts?
Welcome, jachreja!

Someone asked that very question of Jim at the Bitten By Books Q&A on Monday. Here's his answer:
What happened to Georgia? (since the short story Aftermath)

Turns out you can’t turn the child of two active werewolves over to your average babysitting service.

Here's the thread with all the other Q's and A's from that discussion too. Quite a few interesting responses.

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline Anthony

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2011, 07:43:39 AM »
Harry says it would have to be something like an angel. ANd Uriel answers, "Yes, a fallen one."

Well Jim has stated that Lash was in Ghost Story but just under a different name...
Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me and my life is done.

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:20 AM »
This is true... Question is did he actually give her a name or just referred to her as something other than Lash?
I just lost XD

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 11, 2011, 12:00:53 PM »
Well Jim has stated that Lash was in Ghost Story but just under a different name...
Both Lash and Lasciel. And both not mentioned by name.

Speculations everywhere but my current guess is Lash as the parasite and Lasciel as the fallen angel telling lies. I do not think Lash qualifies as a fallen angel even before she was changed but she does run on Harrys life energy.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline JamesDB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 11, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »
This is my first post.  I just love the books.

I read this thread but I don’t know if this has been discussed elsewhere.

What are Harry’s obligations as Winter Knight when it comes to being consort?  Can Mab and Mauve  have their way with him whenever they want?  Can he refuse?  Mauve seemed awfully eager to have his child in summer night.  Any chance that Mab could already be carrying his child from when they consummated Harry becoming  the Winter Knight?

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
Both Lash and Lasciel. And both not mentioned by name.

Speculations everywhere but my current guess is Lash as the parasite and Lasciel as the fallen angel telling lies. I do not think Lash qualifies as a fallen angel even before she was changed but she does run on Harrys life energy.

I don't think the shadow whispering in Harry's ear was Lash...I think it was Lasciel specifically.  If it is Lash who is trying to torture Harry, it sort of negates her sacrifice and change from White Knight.   

I'm trying to wrack my brain about who Lash could've been without being named.  And the only candidate I can think of atm is the parasol ghost girl from the graveyard.   Harry assumes she is that spirit, but it's never confirmed really.   The girl simply smiles and bows when Harry says "You're her aren't you?"    That's just a wild speculation on my part though.

Offline JamesDB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2011, 03:50:13 PM »
I don’t think it was Kincaid that shot Harry.  Kincaid was asked by Harry to “make sure” and he agreed to do that.  Kincaid being who he is knows that a body shot might not be good enough.  He told Harry in an earlier book how he would kill him if he was going to.  I believe a head shot from quite a distance was mentioned.  So either it wasn’t Kincaid or Kincaid for reason’s yet unknown purposely botched the job.

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
I don’t think it was Kincaid that shot Harry.  Kincaid was asked by Harry to “make sure” and he agreed to do that.  Kincaid being who he is knows that a body shot might not be good enough.  He told Harry in an earlier book how he would kill him if he was going to.  I believe a head shot from quite a distance was mentioned.  So either it wasn’t Kincaid or Kincaid for reason’s yet unknown purposely botched the job.

Or other forces *cough Uriel*, saw fit to tweak things to make sure the shot wasn't dramatically fatal, like blowing Harry's head off, so he could get his second chance.  I mean, Harry was on a boat, and even in relatively calm water those things can sway and rock a good bit.  Kincaid is an excellent shot, but he's also practical.  For a shot like that, given the circumstances, he would likely do what any good marksman would do, aim for the center mass, and take out the heart.  I mean the shot WAS a fatal one, the only reason Harry didn't die from it was that he just happened to fall *coughs Uriel* into the cold water, where his Queen Mab could snatch him up and spirit him away to restore him. 

Offline JamesDB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:29 PM »
I don’t disagree with you.  I just think that there is something fishy about the assassination.   “Make sure” in this case and especially in the Dresdenverse means burn the body.  Kincaid being one of the best assassins of the supernatural would know that.  Maybe the Harry’s body fell in the water and he did not get a chance to add some insurance.  Maybe the whole thing was planned by Mab and Kincaid deposited him exactly where and how she wanted him.

Offline LordScythe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2011, 07:26:20 PM »
I believe it was the NYC book signing that Jim mentioned he was going to have to write a short story about Kincaid returning to ivy after killing Harry.  I am pretty sure Kincaid pulled the trigger. I don't think it was an accident he hit the chest either!
"Go be STUPID on your own time!" Lord Scythe

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2011, 08:21:48 AM »
**giggles @ use of the term fishy** he DID fall in the water ;) I'm looking forward to that short story (assuming he writes it...) I'm a bit concerned how all that will play out however with Ivy
I just lost XD