Author Topic: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**  (Read 224626 times)

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
Re: Ghost Story Book Club - Chapters 46-FINISH **MAJOR SPOILERS**
« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:37 PM »
I thought Fitz was supposed to be late teens?  Given, I didn't read his scenes with the full intensity I gave to the rest of the book, so I very well could be off on that.  If that's the case, he'd be more or less Molly's age as of Proven Guilty/White Night, not her age as of now.
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline raidem

• Posty McPostington
  • Duck's Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:15 AM »
I thought Fitz was supposed to be late teens?  Given, I didn't read his scenes with the full intensity I gave to the rest of the book, so I very well could be off on that.  If that's the case, he'd be more or less Molly's age as of Proven Guilty/White Night, not her age as of now.
When I said "other character who is her [Molly's] age"  I didn't mean to suggest that Fitz is her age, just that he is of an age where there could be a relationship established between these characters. 
"That's it???  It's really that simple? 
LIES!  Damn lies!  It's a cover up!
WOJ: http://www.paranetonline.com/index.php/topic,21772.0.html

Offline habu987

• Conversationalist
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2011, 12:50:45 AM »
Eh, if he's of an age to have a relationship with Molls, then so's Dresden.  If Fitz is the same age as Molly was in Proven Guilty, then she's currently 7-8 years older than him.

Don't really see anything there, but *ahem* (points at his sig), I'm not the most unbiased person out there...  ;D
Lt. Commander Habu reporting for duty as the 1st Officer of the USS Hollyprise, Captain Dresden.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
-Marine General "Chesty" Puller

DF Purity: 76.8% - Brute Squad

Offline Anthony

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
They didn't.  I just remember thinking when I read the book, "How would Molly move on from Harry."  And now we have this other character who is her age, has magical talent, is a bad boy but trying to be better.  It was more of a thought than an impression though.  Just trying to think of how Molly would end her crush on Harry. 

Exactly what I meant.
Mine honour is my life; both grow in one; take honour from me and my life is done.

Offline Sunburned White Court

• Conversationalist
  • I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:40 PM »
@ Habu -- the Doctor NEVER has a girlfriend younger than he! .... oh wait :) poor Molls **sigh** I hope she gets someone good
Guess how many jellybeans are in my head!
I just lost XD

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2011, 04:35:16 PM »
All those that are killed or influenced by Denerians do not get a second chance or special treatment by Uriel or other angels.

Sure they do.  Sonya himself got a second chance from the Archangel Michael and was entrusted with one of the Swords.   The bearers of the Swords (it could be argued that they are the mortal vassals of the Angels), give those touched by the Denarians second chances all the time.  That's their entire purpose actually, to try and  save  them. 

And as far as whether or not the demon that whispered in Harry's ear was one of The Fallen, i.e. the Denarians...I think it's at least highly likely.  They are the only faction of Hell that we have been introduced to.  I mean Harry flat out asked Uriel if he meant one of the Fallen, and while I don't recall Uriel's precise answer...he gave a general answer of affirmative.  So, barring some as yet unseen faction of the forces of Hell, my money's on the Denarians, simply because they are a known factor, that has a vested interest in Harry on multiple levels.

Offline Snaps At Fireflies

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
Eh, if he's of an age to have a relationship with Molls, then so's Dresden.  If Fitz is the same age as Molly was in Proven Guilty, then she's currently 7-8 years older than him.

Don't really see anything there, but *ahem* (points at his sig), I'm not the most unbiased person out there...  ;D

Maybe the "love" angle is the wrong way to look at it.  Perhaps seeing someone in her earlier state will help her see the error of her ways (or whatever) and straigten up.  Like what happened with Harry, teaching someone younger did a lot for him magically, and personally.  Perhaps Fitz will play the same roll for Molly to some degree, bring her back to a connection with others by looking out for him. 

Personally I don't think Fitz is going to stick around as far as characters go :)  I think he was a 1story support character.   But if he did stick around it would be neat, I mean he has a LOT of Harry's humor and wit, and sense of Right.  I could see Molly responding to that on a base level, and wanting to have him around.

Offline WhoWalksBehind

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
Nah no way that she will take on Fitz as an apprentice. She is too young and not even a member of the white council yet, which could be problematic as they want to take her head off.

Offline Quester

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2011, 12:10:03 AM »
Sure they do.  Sonya himself got a second chance from the Archangel Michael and was entrusted with one of the Swords.   The bearers of the Swords (it could be argued that they are the mortal vassals of the Angels), give those touched by the Denarians second chances all the time.  That's their entire purpose actually, to try and  save  them. 

And as far as whether or not the demon that whispered in Harry's ear was one of The Fallen, i.e. the Denarians...I think it's at least highly likely.  They are the only faction of Hell that we have been introduced to.  I mean Harry flat out asked Uriel if he meant one of the Fallen, and while I don't recall Uriel's precise answer...he gave a general answer of affirmative.  So, barring some as yet unseen faction of the forces of Hell, my money's on the Denarians, simply because they are a known factor, that has a vested interest in Harry on multiple levels.

Harry says it would have to be something like an angel. ANd Uriel answers, "Yes, a fallen one."
I won’t disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
If I never loved I never would have cried.

No matter where you go, There you are.

Offline LogicMouseLives

• Posty McPostington
  • Hop on the logic train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 10, 2011, 01:25:44 AM »
Harry says it would have to be something like an angel. ANd Uriel answers, "Yes, a fallen one."

To be specific:
Quote from: Ghost Story HC page 450
"Someone like an angel," I said quietly.

"Someone like that," he said, showing his teeth briefly.

Then on the next page:
Quote from: Ghost Story HC page 451
"That...that shadow. It's an angel?"

"It was once," he said, and his voice was gentle––and infinitely sad. "A long, long time ago."

"One of the Fallen," I breathed.

"Yes. Who knew how to lie to you, Harry."

Score one Star Wars reference for the archangel, BTW!

LML
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

DV LogicMouseLives v1.1 YR4.5FR4 BK++++ JB+ TH(+++) WG CL BC- SH [Murphy+++ Molly--] RP++ MC----FF++++

Offline huangjimmy108

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2011, 02:01:29 AM »
Fitz's only magical ability so far is to listen to ghost. If he is going to be anyone's apprentice, is going to be Mortimer.

Fitz the young Ectomancer!
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness . . .
    . . . which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.

Offline napgirl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2011, 03:18:47 AM »
I'm fairly new here, and a google search brings up nothing relevant that I can see.  What does H.E.E. stand for?
well i thought happily ever after (thanks go to my disney addicted 2 yo niece), but that is hea. happily ever eternity? dammit now i am curious!

and i am in the molly ship, but i also think it would be interesting for harry to end the series not with anyone.

Offline napgirl

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2011, 03:20:25 AM »
Fitz's only magical ability so far is to listen to ghost. If he is going to be anyone's apprentice, is going to be Mortimer.

Fitz the young Ectomancer!

yes!! i agree, morty needs an apprentice!!

Offline Sunburned White Court

• Conversationalist
  • I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2011, 03:31:26 AM »
I unfortunately think it is likely that Harry will end the series with no-one. That's just my opinion, but let's be honest. We love him for it, but Jim is a sadistic mofo when it comes to Harry. I hope he winds up happy and with someone and gets a great ending, but I'm thinking he may wind up dead or alone...
Guess how many jellybeans are in my head!
I just lost XD

Offline Powderkegger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:39 AM »
Harry will "Die alone". As many times as is necessary.