Linked Events

• Signing in Chicago, IL: July 27, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27  (Read 36211 times)

Offline Lany79

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Chicago (Naperville), IL on 7/27
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:31 AM »
It's easy enough Alilisa. Anderson's is located on West Jefferson Avenue. From the book shop, you'll want to head east on Jefferson until you reach Washington St. From there, hang a right (south) onto Washington. You'll go another block until you reach Chicago Ave., which will be a left (east) hand turn. On the corner of Washington and Chicago Ave. is a Barnes and Nobles. Heading down Chicago Ave., just past the Barnes and Noble is the parking garage. There will be an overhanging sign on the entrance that will tell you just how much parking is available inside the lot.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 01:32:13 AM »
https://picasaweb.google.com/113545061230245292170/Miscellaneous#slideshow/5631239235917575266

Just a quick cut/paste job here.  There is a pic of the garage to the bottom right in the link above with the Anderson bookstore noted with an A in a pink circle in the upper left.  As Lany stated, just a couple blocks.

To give you a looksee, I would suggest using google maps.  Type the address to the store and then zoom in to street view and follow the path Lany stated above.  That will give you the actual driving view you would take to get to the garage.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2011, 01:38:08 AM »
I'll be going in to the store on Tueday morning to pick up my copy of the book (what can I say, I can't wait to read it).

I'm with ya there.  I have a book pre-ordered here in town, too, as my niece is a fan as well.  I am her 'connection' hehe.  I'll have one to read Tuesday before going up there and one to send her way.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2011, 01:57:52 AM »
Think of my fav char *grins*
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline dragonfly

• Conversationalist
  • Wherever you go, there you are!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »
Still not sure whether I am going to make the drive up....can't find any friends to come with me.  Husband won't drive me.....my boss is a huge fan but it is his anniversary so he can't bring me. 
Anyone else comming from the South Side?  Oak Lawn / Bridgeview area? 

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2011, 02:35:29 AM »
Oh and thank you everyone for the help, it's really appreciated.  Chiro and I will be there early enough to eat if anyone wants to join us somewhere, Chiro did say there was a gelato place  ;D
I believe in True Love, Susan and Harry will always be the one true love, because even reminders of that love will always remain.

"(Love) It lingers on in the energy of their lives, even when they are apart." (Blood Rites)

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:14 AM »
I had their amaretto gelato - it was wonderful.  There's also a pizzeria a couple doors down from the bookstore.

I did notice that the two hour parking is 6am - 6pm - someone who knows the area, does that mean that after 6pm it's unlimited?  They do say there is unlimited time free parking on some of the parking decks, but I'm not sure which ones.

"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2011, 03:17:05 AM »
Well, Chiro, guess it's you and me and amaretto gelato, or possibly the pizzeria, we'll figure that out once we get down there, how's that?  :D  If anyone else wants to join us, they can let us know here, or in a message, they have a few days yet, but we'd love to get together with others if they'd like to meet us somewhere for supper/dinner.

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2011, 03:32:47 AM »
Well, Chiro, guess it's you and me and amaretto gelato, or possibly the pizzeria, we'll figure that out once we get down there, how's that?  :D  If anyone else wants to join us, they can let us know here, or in a message, they have a few days yet, but we'd love to get together with others if they'd like to meet us somewhere for supper/dinner.

I'm up for it :)  What was the plan?  Meet at wherever to eat or meet at the book store first?  The only thing I am thinking about is how fast the store will fill up.  I really should have stuck around for the signing Tuesday just to see how that played out, but it was a young adult auther so I didn't think that would correspond quite the same.

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
I'm wondering that too - I wonder if they would let you bring food in.  :D
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 03:41:37 AM »
Good question.  I might call em up tomorrow and ask.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 03:47:36 AM »
yes, I think it'd be quite the different crowd, thanks, MX for checking for us, then we can go from there! :)

Offline MX

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2011, 11:13:35 PM »
Little more info for Anderson's Bookstore

Drinks are allowed, especially as there is a Starbucks right across the street.  Eating is allowed, but there is no place to actually sit and eat.  I can verify that as I was in there this week.  Basically, I would say something along the lines of a small sub or a sandwich, maybe popcorn :p

They also have restrooms so that is a bonus.  I wanted to make sure folks didn't have to scramble at the last minute to go someplace else.

The lady said with this turnout, over 160 books currently reserved for signing, the chairs will not be put out as they take up too much space.  That, of course, is not even counting those folks coming in only for the Q&A.  She stated it would be standing room only.

Food for thought, such as it is.

Offline Alilisa

• Posty McPostington
  • True love never dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2011, 04:25:01 AM »
Ohhh so maybe I can take them up on the chair offer..., naw, I'll stand with the rest of you, just bring my pain pills with me. :D

Thanks, MX for the update, so what do you think about the meet and eat?  shall we stop some place first, or take it in?

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2011, 04:46:22 AM »
There's Lou Malnati's Pizzeria just a couple doors down from the bookstore - they do carryout.

(And you're definitely welcome to my folding chair if you want it).