Poll

Who's going to have the best Ghost Story release party in the Mid-Atlantic Region?

Philadelphia, PA
2 (12.5%)
Baltimore, MD
0 (0%)
Washington, DC
7 (43.8%)
Fredericksburg, VA
4 (25%)
Richmond, VA
1 (6.3%)
Virginia Beach, VA
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 16, 2011, 11:55:08 PM

Author Topic: Looking for a Ghost Story Release Party between Baltimore & Virginia Beach?  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I live between Richmond, VA and Washinton, DC and I want to try to find a good release party.  I know there's a few Dresdenphiles down toward Virginia Beach and Williamsburg and I keep hearing rumors of a few up near Baltimore.  I guess it boils down to "Who's going to have the best Ghost Story release party in the Mid-Atlantic Region?"

Feel free to discuss below:

Offline Ink Slinger

• Posty McPostington
  • Angst Muffin~plot bunny breeder
    • View Profile
I made my vote, but a second would be Richmond, VA for me.  There and VaBeach are about all we'd be able to do this go round due to the expense of traveling anywhere that would require more than a day trip.  VaBeach is a pretty awesome place in summer though.  You know, beach and all.  LOL

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I made my vote, but a second would be Richmond, VA for me.  There and VaBeach are about all we'd be able to do this go round due to the expense of traveling anywhere that would require more than a day trip.  VaBeach is a pretty awesome place in summer though.  You know, beach and all.  LOL

Yeah, I always stay at this little place on 24th Street.  They're great people there.

Offline Cardnail

• Conversationalist
  • The problem with your gene pool. No Lifeguard
    • View Profile
With Toe being a very good friends of mine imma go wherever he is for the release my vote is fredricksburg cuz its a good midway between the national capital region and the VA beach area. i know that am i jacked for the release so where ever the party is im down
I can say I am a DRESDENPHILE!!!

laugh and the whole world laughs with you. Laugh hysterically for no reason and they will leave you alone

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @myyrdneopia
    • View Profile
    • Ranting Dragon SF/F News and Reviews
I'd say DC.  We /might/ be able to get iago in on it if we can figure out a spot!  Also, it's up in the air whether or not I'll be able to be there.  I may or may not have a show that day/night, I don't have the summer schedule yet.

VA Beach is a bit far for me and Richmond is just... traffic issues.  My second would be Fredericksburg.  (Winchester, VA here)

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Another thought.  If we get a good number of people there, and if anyone's interested, I would be willing to try to run a one-shot DFRPG game.  Only if we have a good chunk of hours together, though.

Also, keep in mind that release day is a Tuesday, for those who have work and such.

Offline Toe-mas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I'd say DC.  // SNIP //  VA Beach is a bit far for me and Richmond is just... traffic issues.  My second would be Fredericksburg.  (Winchester, VA here)

I'm not to far from Fredericksburg but I put in all the locations from Baltimore to VAB because they are within two hours for me.  (I have an hour long commute, one way, on a good day... Anywhere I can get to in under two hours isn't really worth mentioning.)

I threw Philly in at the last minute because I thought we might get Priscellie to come down that far.  I didn't think we could get her the whole was down to DC or Fredericksburg.

Another thought.  If we get a good number of people there, and if anyone's interested, I would be willing to try to run a one-shot DFRPG game.  Only if we have a good chunk of hours together, though.

I would LOVE to do something like this.  Especially if we can get iago, though that might be too much like work for him...

Also, keep in mind that release day is a Tuesday, for those who have work and such.

I've already told them I'll be out the 26th.  They asked me what game was coming out...  I told them it was the next Dresden Files book... They looked at me like I was crazy. 

Offline kittenbot

• Conversationalist
  • kittenbot of doooooooom--is doomy.
    • View Profile
    • tweeter
I live between Richmond, VA and Washinton, DC and I want to try to find a good release party.  I know there's a few Dresdenphiles down toward Virginia Beach and Williamsburg and I keep hearing rumors of a few up near Baltimore.  I guess it boils down to "Who's going to have the best Ghost Story release party in the Mid-Atlantic Region?"

Feel free to discuss below:

i could do DC or baltimore. if i'm picking up garrett it'd be dc only and even then it is 8 hours of driving for me. also, it being a tuesday makes my probability nil, as right now i'm the only person at work who can do my job.
and grasshoppers can't talk anyway, dammnit!

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Okay, update from Fred (iago):  He definitely won't be doing any sort of anything with this, as EvieBrother will most likely have recently joined the mortal plane by that date. 

However, I have been in touch with a couple other folks in the DC area.  We've got time to see how it all pans out.

Offline Wizwad

• Seriously?
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
I notice none of those locations are set in Europe at all!  :p  :)
Life  isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain. ~  Unknown

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Well, I'd say let's have the party in Winchester, but it won't be the one you're thinking of, Wiz. ;)

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
I'm not to far from Fredericksburg but I put in all the locations from Baltimore to VAB because they are within two hours for me.  (I have an hour long commute, one way, on a good day... Anywhere I can get to in under two hours isn't really worth mentioning.)

I threw Philly in at the last minute because I thought we might get Priscellie to come down that far.  I didn't think we could get her the whole was down to DC or Fredericksburg.

Heh, yeah, I have to work the next day!  I suppose I'd entertain the possibility of going to Philly, but... it'll be release night.  You won't have read the book yet!  I won't be able to squee and flail with you!  Seems more sensible to have a party the Friday or Saturday after the book's release, so our heads will all be at equal states of explosion. :D  

I'd come down to D.C./Baltimore for a Saturday party, largely because I might get to meet the new Hicks Jr. :D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:01:10 PM by Priscellie »

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
THE HICKSLING.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Electric MacButters

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
I sescond Priscellie's motion that the party be either a Friday or Saturday.  I can justify it to myself more easily if I don't have to go in to work the next day.

Also, I would love to do a one-shot of the RPG.
Okay, I flipped the breaker, pulled the fuses, and blew up the transformer.

Why are my lights still on?
Henceforth, therefore, to be known as Electric MacButters?
Chairman of the Amanda Beckett Society

Offline Myyrdn Eopia

• Bartender
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Friday or Saturday is trickier for me, if I'm remembering last year's schedule right.  Though I may be able to get someone to cover for me—more info on that later.

I still say DC.  I know heartsonycgr volunteered her house on twitter, I'll see if she's serious.  :D