Author Topic: Warden characters  (Read 2030 times)

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Warden characters
« on: November 09, 2010, 02:51:21 AM »
What skill sets do you recommend for a Warden player character?
Thx
Submerged or chest deep of course.
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline Selrach

• Conversationalist
  • You'll never guess
    • View Profile
Re: Warden characters
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:56:53 AM »
It depends on the school of the warden. Old school wardens would be heavier in the casting abilities and the related abilities like Lore and Scholarship plus at least some Weapons.

A more modern Warden might have more training with guns than his own sword. 

For a Warden its not a bad idea to have some Investigation and some interrogation skill like Intimidate or the like. How else would you harass potential Lawbreakers?
Apparently I would much rather post than sleep.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:00:56 AM »
I have a whole bunch of Wardens on the Generic NPC thread. They (obviously) have skills that I feel are appropriate to a Warden. The main ones are Weapons, Conviction, Lore, Discipline, Endurance, and Intimidation. Some Wardens would also have high Investigation skills.

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:12:53 PM »
for my warden  i gave him
(+5) conviction, discipline
(+4) Lore, Alertness
(+3) Endurence, rescources
(+2) Guns, Scholarship, Precence
(+1) athletics, performence, deceit, contacts, driving

basically he can cast one hell of a spell but can't do much more than that :P
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 07:58:15 PM »
for my warden  i gave him
You might want to consider Investigation and/or Intimidation.  While not strictly necessary, they seem like handy skills for a Warden to have available to him.

Offline WillH

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:03:12 PM »
You might want to consider Investigation and/or Intimidation.  While not strictly necessary, they seem like handy skills for a Warden to have available to him.

Those are handy skills for a warden, and I can also see a warden who was recruited as a foot soldier in the vampire war not having them. A warden who now has to deal with the cop part of being a warden who doesn't have those skills yet could be interesting.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 06:33:45 PM »
Those are handy skills for a warden, and I can also see a warden who was recruited as a foot soldier in the vampire war not having them. A warden who now has to deal with the cop part of being a warden who doesn't have those skills yet could be interesting.

yeah pretty much he got recruited because he was a prodigy at evocation and as I mentioned part of MO is that he's kinda one sided but I plan on having him work on his other skill as the game continues
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline HumAnnoyd

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Dresden Files Accelerated: The Emerald City: Requiem
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »
These are the skills I picked out for my Warden.  He was a bad boy for most of his youth until a tradgedy of his own making turned him around.  His skills reflect that Mispent Youth and his desire to repent.

SKILLS (+35)

•GREAT +4: Conviction, Discipline

•GOOD +3: Athletics, Contacts, Lore, Presence

•FAIR +2: Alertness, Burglary, Endurance, Weapons

•AVERAGE +1: Craftsmanship, Fists, Intimidation, Investigation, Might, Rapport, Scholarship
It's not the Heat, It's the Humanity.

The Emerald City Dresden Files Accelerated Campaign:   http://fate-accelerated-the-emerald-city.obsidianportal.com/

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »
I was building some sample PCs/potential NPCs for a now-defunct game, and I had a new-school Warden specializing in Earth Magic with a slightly Asian line of thought.

The goal? Balance some tenants of old school Wardens with the Asian Discipline and some modern late-teen rebelliousness. This was the end result, at Submerged level:

Superb (+5): Conviction
Great (+4): Discipline, Lore
Good (+3): Weapons, Athletics, Resources
Fair (+2): Burglary, Alertness, Endurance, Presence
Average (+1): Fists, Driving, Deceit, Investigation, Scholarship

(And if you are interested, the High Concept was "Down-To-Earth Wizard" with "Reluctant Warden" as the Trouble, while the rest of the aspects were "Well Grounded," "I'm New At This," "Sticks and Stones WILL Break Break Your Bones," "Donald Morgan's One-Time Apprentice," and "What Are The Odds?" Not everything is Warden-like, but there's a few tidbits there).
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden