Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139746 times)

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #420 on: May 09, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »
Maybe I'll reskin Living Dead. Also, I already read this issue is a good one, but I already have a fourth wall breaker (and he reacts to whatever medium he's in. When he's in video games, he references that instead of comic books, so he'd adapt to an RPG).

He'll have a teleportation power, some stunts to make him better with grenades, guns, and swords, Mythic recovery, and maybe a power allowing him to break the fourth wall. Oh, and a ton of stunts boosting his infuriate trapping.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 09, 2011, 02:16:18 AM »
Maybe I'll reskin Living Dead. Also, I already read this issue is a good one, but I already have a fourth wall breaker (and he reacts to whatever medium he's in. When he's in video games, he references that instead of comic books, so he'd adapt to an RPG).

He'll have a teleportation power, some stunts to make him better with grenades, guns, and swords, Mythic recovery, and maybe a power allowing him to break the fourth wall. Oh, and a ton of stunts boosting his infuriate trapping.

Teleport is more like an IoP that has a rebate for a high chance of power failure.  
Aspect: I Played This Module Before...Booo!

Requesting he be portrayed more like the badass merc he was before he sort of was delegated mostly comic relief.  The comedy is key to the character but after reading most of his recent issues for the last year plus he lost some of his edge in lieu of comedy. :-[
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:17:50 AM by Silverblaze »

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 09, 2011, 04:50:51 AM »
uuughh i can't believe i missed this awsome discussion on cap and dead pool i love comics espsailly marvel ones.  its my fault for play dead rising 2 so much latey though anyway i gonna have lots of quotes here in a second

hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 09, 2011, 04:59:27 AM »
he's the leader of the Avengers.

actually no he's not last time i checked he was just the strategist, cause i thought ironman was the actual leader but ill have to look it up again

after dead pool hats next wolverine or maybe lets just go off the charts with powerful people from marvel comic's like Thor or the silver surfer with the ultimate IoP his surfing board
that would be and interesting build???????
i might have to try it

awesome job with jack and mom by the way Sanctaphrax

oh and i don't remeber who said it but caps shield doesn't absorb kinetic energy. that person is wrong
otherwise it wouldn't be able to move. that person is right
it merely soak up the energy and disapates it out the side of the shield

also what about the cutting off the head of dead pool
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 09, 2011, 05:09:02 AM »
well its about to violate another rule

Technically speaking, The North Pole violates the rules for foci. But the rule that it violates is totally insignificant, so it's alright.

Mother Sleet (Deep One)

High Concept: Mother Of The Frost Family
Other Aspects: Master Cryomancer, Shockingly Manipulative, Bearer Of The North Pole
Skills:
Epic: Discipline, Lore
Fantastic: Conviction, Deceit
Superb: Presence, Empathy
Great: Contacts, Resources
Good: Endurance, Intimidation, Rapport
Fair: Athletics, Scholarship, Alertness, Weapons
Average: Fists, Might, Craftsmanship, Performance
Stunts:
Teflon Persona (Presence): Armour 1 against people who know who she is.
Illusion Of Grandeur (Deceit): Use Deceit for first impressions.
I'm Your Friend (Deceit): +2 to Deceit when feigning friendliness or loyalty.
Dishonest Persuasion (Deceit): Use Deceit instead of Rapport for "soft" social attacks.
Thaumaturge (Lore): +2 to Lore when using it to make declarations as part of thaumaturgy preparation.
I'll Just Ignore You (Discipline): Use Discipline for social defence.
Powers:
Marked By Power (Frost Family) [-1]
Greater Glamours [-4]
Evocation [-3]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
The Sight [-1]
Refinement [-8]
Sponsored Magic (Frost Family) [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (fire) [+3]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (not cold) [+6]
Custom Power:
Ice-Cold Recovery [-2?] When Mother Sleet is exposed to fire, flip two coins. If both are heads, then prevent all damage and give Mother Sleet the benefits of a scene of recovery.
Item Of Power (The North Pole) [+2] granting:
Vast Hyper-Dangerous Aura [-7]
magical aura(-?)the north pole itself has 15 stress boxes to soak up damage. once the stress is filled then the north pole cannot be used to block attacks.
magical repair(?)the north pole repairs itself healing 1 stress per action during battle. all stress heals outside of battle.
Refinement [-3]
Magic:
Evocation (Air, Water, Earth, Spirit): +1 water power, +2 water control
Thaumaturgy: +1 crafting power, +2 crafting frequency, +3 cryomancy control, +4 cryomancy complexity
Foci: The North Pole (+2 offensive water control and power, +1 defensive water control and power), Tome Of Frost (+4 cryomancy complexity)
Enchanted Items (all have 3 uses/session): Robes (8 shift block against attack), Ring Of Protection (8 shift block against attack), Body Wrappings (armour 4), Belt Of Protection (armour 4), 4 potion slots (strength 8)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

If anybody has any ideas for her braod supernatural senses or her modular abilities post them please

also sory for double or is this triple ... owell srry for post this many times in a row

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2011, 05:23:10 AM »
also what about the cutting off the head of dead pool

Been done, he comes back.

Seriously.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
"The Crow" should be wasy to stat up, except for the bird and how it connects to him/her and the power provided.  Living IoP?

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2011, 06:27:17 PM »
"The Crow" should be wasy to stat up, except for the bird and how it connects to him/her and the power provided.  Living IoP?

I remember an old thread about what Familiars should be like... I usually use an aspect, or if the familiar is central to combat for the character, a power enabling him to better command the bird.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 09, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
    God King Gilgamesh (Deep One)

High Concept: God King of Uruk
    Other Aspects: Lord of Uruk, My firend Enkidu, Quest for Immortality, Massive Overconfidence, Seducer of Gods

Skills:
    Epic: Presence, Fists
    Fantastic: Weapons, Athletics
    Superb: Lore, Might
    Great: Discipline, Intimidation
    Good: Contacts, Endurance, Conviction  
    Fair: Scholarship, Driving, Investigation, Survival
    Average: Athletics, Fists, Empathy, Alertness

Stunts:
    Ancient Wisdom: +2 to Lore rolls on Ancient Creatures or Powers
    Incrediably Attractive: +2 to Seduction rolls based off of Presence
    Footwork: Can use fists for the dodging trapping

Powers:
    Marked By Power (the gods, himself) [-1]
    Mythic Strength [-6]
    Mythic Toughness [-6]
    Catch [-0] Divinity/Gods
    Mythic Speed [-6]
    Supernatural Recovery [-4]

Chain of the Gods [-10]
    +2 Obvious Item of Power
    All things Equal Under God [-3]
    No Matter the Strength [-3 to -6]
    When attempting to grapple an opponent this chain nulifies the effect of the enemies strength powers so they gain no bonuses to grapple defence
    Physical Immunity vs Magic [-5] The Chain cannot be resisted by magic no matter how powerful
    Chain of the Gods [-1] +2 to grapple check

Total Refresh Cost: -36

Refresh Total: 4

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:05:52 AM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 09, 2011, 08:07:45 PM »
I remember an old thread about what Familiars should be like... I usually use an aspect, or if the familiar is central to combat for the character, a power enabling him to better command the bird.

The Crow is more like the conduit from which power is drawn.  Neither of those solutions really work well, when if it is damaged or taken away, the powers are diminished or gone.

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #430 on: May 09, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »
The Crow is more like the conduit from which power is drawn.  Neither of those solutions really work well, when if it is damaged or taken away, the powers are diminished or gone.

So it wouldn't work as a Catch, then?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 09, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »
So it wouldn't work as a Catch, then?

Can all powers have a catch, including speed and strength, and incite emotion?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »
About Captain America: I just don't like the thematic implications of Physical Immunity for him. When he stops the Hulk's punches, I see that as rolling a defence that's higher than the Hulk's attack roll.

About Gilgamesh: This doesn't look like the Gilgamesh I know. Is this the one from that japanese thing? I think it's called Fate/Stay Night or something like that. Also, I think his custom powers and IoPs need work. I would rather that the custom powers be upgrades to Modular Abilities that just let him use IoPs as his power configurations.

About Mother Sleet: I'm not sure how Magical Aura and Magical Repair are meant to work. Could you provide an example?

About Jack Frost: You don't need ideas for Modular Abilities since the power automatically includes all possible ones. As for Supernatural Senses, detecting emotions is always a good one. Being able to detect allegiance would also be handy. I'll mention more when I think of more. (I assume that your last request was about Jack, since Mother Sleet doesn't have Supernatural Senses or Modular abilities.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
About Gilgamesh: This doesn't look like the Gilgamesh I know. Is this the one from that japanese thing? I think it's called Fate/Stay Night or something like that. Also, I think his custom powers and IoPs need work. I would rather that the custom powers be upgrades to Modular Abilities that just let him use IoPs as his power configurations.

I used Fate/ Stay Nights Gilgamesh as a base because besides from Epic Combat Skills, mountains of pride and the chain of the gods (the one he used to defeat the bull of heaven) there isn't much in the Epic of Gilgamesh that could actually be statted. Because the character I am statting has more item of powers than any amount of refresh could account for I was trying to work on the concept he would only use a few items of Power at a time limited by his modular abilities. So his power configuration is based up which of his 1001 wonders he is using at the time, other than his natural superhuman abilites him being the strongest man in all his nation.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2011, 11:01:01 PM »
Can all powers have a catch, including speed and strength, and incite emotion?

I was under the impression that the Crow had some sort of Recovery Power that was tied to the actual crow, and that wounding or compromising the animal would hinder the Crow's ability to heal from damage. I wouldn't tie his other powers to it. I feel that Living Dead is an inexact match for his power set.
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets