Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139765 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
That's probably the best way to play a loup-garou. Like the Hulk, but nastier.

Armchair General (Hydrophobe)

High Concept: Wargamer
Other Aspects: Miltary History Buff, Strategist
Skills:
Good: Scholarship
Fair: Presence, Resources
Average: Contacts, Deceit, Discipline
Stunts:
Military History Buff (Scholarship): +1 to Scholarship concerning history, +2 concerning military history.
Strategist (Scholarship): Use Scholarship +1 to make assessments and declarations about strategy.
Gamer (Scholarship): +1 to any skill used to play games.
Total Refresh Cost:
-1 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:14:00 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2011, 02:07:58 AM »
No one is nastier than the hulk. Hulk is strongest there is. (Though a loup-garou vs. Hulk fight would be the most epic thing ever.)

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2011, 02:10:11 AM »
No one is nastier than the hulk. Hulk is strongest there is. (Though a loup-garou vs. Hulk fight would be the most epic thing ever.)

Urge to get into comic book debate rising... nice job on the armchair general, might give him the gamer stunt, but looks perfect to me.  Can actually use that knowledge to help PC's not just in a gaming environment also, and do so well even.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:41:43 AM by Silverblaze »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 07, 2011, 02:12:04 AM »
I forgot that the gamer stunt existed. Kinda embarassing, since I wrote it.

Adding it now.

Also changing Rapport to Deceit, given how important bluffing is in many games.

And adding a couple of aspects.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:15:08 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2011, 02:22:52 AM »
So, there are two members of the Frost Family left. The mother and the favoured son.

I plan to give mom Epic Discipline and Lore plus Fantastic Conviction and Deceit. She'll have the North Pole and a pile of spellcasting powers. Plus a bunch of social stunts. I'm currently wondering what I should give to the North Pole other than Refinement and whether Glamours fit her character.

Jack Frost will probably be a shapeshifter, since it fits what I've heard of him and doesn't overlap with the rest of the family. I'm thinking True Shapeshifting, Modular Abilities, Greater Glamours, and even more social stunts than mom. Epic Deceit and Performance. Maybe a mimic suite on top of all that, or maybe not.

Anything you'd like to add, zaczane?

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Here's my conversion of The Hulk for DFRPG. It is the earlier Hulk before the usual comics power creep raised him at godly levels but he is still very much a force to be reckoned with. He's Refresh 34. Most mortal attackers will have to contend with defense of +11 (+10 for might-modified endurance) before even counting Mythic Toughness/Recovery, attacks at +11 at weapon 15 (!) that can flatten a tank in one blow and an effective Might score of +23 (!!!) for lifting and breaking stuff. He could use tanks for thrown weapons and peel off vault doors like we do sticky paper. Bruce Banner seems to be able to control a small amount of the Hulk's power or use said power and then return to human. He has also survived things in his human form that should have killed him, long enough for him to change. Hence some of the powers still existing in human form.

POWERS
[+2] Rage; this is human form, involuntary change, for all powers labeled "only when raging". The Hulk enters a rage when he fails to control his anger (see below)
[-1] Demonic Co-Pilot; spirit of rage. On physical combat rolls plus anything that would make the Hulk angry. Discipline Failure triggers Rage.
[-6] Inhuman Strength - Mythic Strength when "raging".
[-6] Inhuman Toughness - Mythic Toughness when "raging".
[-6] Mythic Recovery
[-4] Inhuman Speed - Supernatural Speed when "raging".
[-2] Hulking Size - when raging.
[+3] The Chatch is "Spirit Attacks", (spirit magic or spiritual entities)
[-3] Mighty Blows; The Hulk can attack/maneuer people in melee at Fists +2, weapon 4, modified for his might. Only when "raging." (Ripoff off Incite Emotion but for physical attacks)
[-2] Unstoppable; The Hulk uses his modified Might for defense instead of Athletics.
[-2] Bulletproof Skin; armor increases by 2 vs physical stress.
[-2] Mindless Rage; while raging The Hulk uses its modified might score as defense vs mental attacks and takes no mental stress from Demonic Co-Pilot. Unfortunately, it has trouble recognizing friend from foe and will attack everything in its path; roll discipline vs a difficulty of Epic to avoid involuntary property damage in a scene, vs difficulty of Great to avoid harming innocents.
[-1] Lethal Weapon
[-1] Bend and Break
[-1] Mighty Thews
[-1] Wrestler
[-1] Dual Blows

SKILLS

+6 Might, Endurance
+5 Intimidate, Fists, Scholarship
+4 Conviction, Athletics, Lore (superscience)
+3 Discipline, Survival, Steath
+2 Rapport, Presence, Empathy
+1 Contacts, Resources, Driving

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2011, 04:37:09 PM »
i like the hulk idea but i fell it or he should have a different set of skills when he's the hulk and when he's bruce. like a super smart man who has a demon co piolet that makes him shapeshift.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
i believe that it would be greater glamours, rather than use ectoplasm use ice,water for mom
well i don't think she should have the north pole with her the whole time. so when she does it gives her the danerous aura
give jack the one power were you can have 12 supernatural senses that all have to do with social conflicts, and lots of social armor against anything for jack
a decent amount of social armor for mom
jack has some stunts that allow him to defend against fire really well even better than the rest of his family but only when its coming from his brother.
like uuhh brotherly protection or something.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
@Belial: I agree with zaczane. Beast Change would be totally appropriate.

Some questionably-balanced stuff on the Hulk, but since he's definitely not a PC it doesn't matter much.

@zaczane: I'm afraid that the only way to get social armour in this game by canon is with a stunt. And stunts don't stack very well. So the social armours of Jack and mom would be limited to 1 or 2 unless you intend to allow social toughness powers. The rest sounds pretty good. I figure that monkeying with powers on top of defensive stunts is the best way to reflect Jack's brotherly protection. I'll adjust his catch to be "fire that isn't wielded by my brother." Might also kick up the probability of his Ice-Cold Recovery against Barrakan.

I'll put up first drafts of both soon.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
Jack Frost aka Narrvanna (Deep One)

High Concept: Favoured Son Of The Frost Family
Other Aspects: Tricky Shapeshifter, Loves To Perform, Brotherly Protection, Could Sell Ice To The Inuit, Slightly Crazy
Skills:
Epic: Deceit, Performance
Fantastic: Rapport, Empathy
Superb: Presence, Conviction
Great: Discipline, Lore
Good: Intimidation, Contacts, Resources
Fair: Scholarship, Driving, Investigation, Burglary
Average: Athletics, Fists, Endurance, Alertness
Stunts:
Pointed Performance (Performance): May use Performance to create specific aspects.
Setting The Mood (Performance): Use Performance +1 to make declarations and assessments about the ambient mood and how people feel.
I Own The Mood (Performance): +2 to any roll in which an aspect created with Performance is tagged.
Teflon Persona (Presence): Social armour 1 as long as the people involved in the conflict are familiar with Jack Frost.
Terrifying Illusions (Deceit): May use Deceit to threated people with illusions.
Panic-Inflicting Imagery (Deceit): Deceit threats are weapon 2.
Laugh It Off (Rapport): +2 to Rapport defence as long as he doesn't take anything seriously.
Social Senses (Empathy): Use Empathy for Supernatural Senses.
I Don't Like Fire (Athletics): +2 to dodge fire attacks.
Brotherly Protection (Endurance): Armour 2 against Barrakan's attacks.
Powers:
Marked By Power (Frost Family) [-1]
Sponsored Magic (Frost Family) [-4]
Broad Supernatural Senses [-3]
Greater Glamours [-4]
True Shapeshifting [-4]
Modular Abilities [-11]
The Catch for all Toughness and Recovery powers acquired with Modular Abilities is fire that isn't wielded by Barrakan.
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (not cold) [+6]
Custom Powers:
Ice-Cold Recovery [-2?] When Jack Frost is exposed to fire, flip two coins. If both are heads, then prevent all damage and give Jack Frost the benefits of a scene of recovery.
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2011, 02:48:58 AM »
Technically speaking, The North Pole violates the rules for foci. But the rule that it violates is totally insignificant, so it's alright.

Mother Sleet (Deep One)

High Concept: Mother Of The Frost Family
Other Aspects: Master Cryomancer, Shockingly Manipulative, Bearer Of The North Pole
Skills:
Epic: Discipline, Lore
Fantastic: Conviction, Deceit
Superb: Presence, Empathy
Great: Contacts, Resources
Good: Endurance, Intimidation, Rapport
Fair: Athletics, Scholarship, Alertness, Weapons
Average: Fists, Might, Craftsmanship, Performance
Stunts:
Teflon Persona (Presence): Armour 1 against people who know who she is.
Illusion Of Grandeur (Deceit): Use Deceit for first impressions.
I'm Your Friend (Deceit): +2 to Deceit when feigning friendliness or loyalty.
Dishonest Persuasion (Deceit): Use Deceit instead of Rapport for "soft" social attacks.
Thaumaturge (Lore): +2 to Lore when using it to make declarations as part of thaumaturgy preparation.
I'll Just Ignore You (Discipline): Use Discipline for social defence.
Powers:
Marked By Power (Frost Family) [-1]
Greater Glamours [-4]
Evocation [-3]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
The Sight [-1]
Refinement [-8]
Sponsored Magic (Frost Family) [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (fire) [+3]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (not cold) [+6]
Custom Power:
Ice-Cold Recovery [-2?] When Mother Sleet is exposed to fire, flip two coins. If both are heads, then prevent all damage and give Mother Sleet the benefits of a scene of recovery.
Item Of Power (The North Pole) [+2] granting:
Vast Hyper-Dangerous Aura [-7]
Refinement [-3]
Magic:
Evocation (Air, Water, Earth, Spirit): +1 water power, +2 water control
Thaumaturgy: +1 crafting power, +2 crafting frequency, +3 cryomancy control, +4 cryomancy complexity
Foci: The North Pole (+2 offensive water control and power, +1 defensive water control and power), Tome Of Frost (+4 cryomancy complexity)
Enchanted Items (all have 3 uses/session): Robes (8 shift block against attack), Ring Of Protection (8 shift block against attack), Body Wrappings (armour 4), Belt Of Protection (armour 4), 4 potion slots (strength 8)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »
Been meaning to do this one for awhile... Since he's supposed to be just a man (albeit a superhero), I put most of the stress in stunts and skills.  Evaluate please:

Captain America (Steven Rogers):

High Concept: Iconic Super-Soldier of America
Trouble: Idealist to the Bitter End
Other Aspects: Loyal to Nothing but the Dream, WWII Veteran, Avenger, Unshakable Devotion, Old-Fashioned Manners
Skills:
Superb: Weapons, Conviction, Athletics
Great: Endurance, Discipline, Might
Good: Alertness, Empathy, Guns
Fair: Rapport, Driving, Scholarship
Average: Investigation, Craftsmanship, Performance
Stunts:
*Pilot
*Fleet of Foot
*Resilient Self Image
*Killer Blow
*Martial Artist
*Lethal Weapon
*Redirected Force
*Leadership
*Good Arm
*Riposte
*Wall of Death
*Tireless
*No Pain, No Gain
 [-13]
Powers:
*Wizard's Constitution [+0]; Steve Rogers ages little (if at all) due to the Super-Soldier Serum
*Item of Power (Captain America's Shield) [+2], granting:
**Physical Immunity [-8] Not even the Hulk could break this shield.
**The Catch [+1] Mjolnir (and possibly other god-level weapons) can break the shield.
**The Catch [+2] The Immunity only applies to the direction the shield is facing.
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:34:48 AM by Katarn »

Samael

« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2011, 06:25:02 AM »
I think my main issue with the character is the idea that Captain America is the pinnacle of humanity. Meaning his skills should go no higher then Superb (though he should have several of them there) with stunts boosting things like his weapons and athletics. Likewise I would not say he has the Inhuman Powers as again he is the Pinnacle of Humanity but he does not surpass it. I would suggest getting rid of the powers (except the Shield) and giving him tons of Fate Points to reflect his adaptability.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:37:59 AM by Samael »

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2011, 06:35:43 AM »
Yea- I wanted to emphasize his physical abilities, but I guess Inhuman is too much.  Look better?

Samael

« Reply #404 on: May 08, 2011, 06:39:32 AM »
Much better, nice job.