Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139812 times)

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2011, 02:52:54 AM »
ok i hav a good one for you or at least half of one
what could i put for aspects possibly other things to if there is any ideas for a Loup garou that can actually change when he chooses.  other than getting rid of the unwanted change power

You mean... A powerful werewolf.
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2011, 04:04:00 AM »
You mean... A powerful werewolf.

Yup.

Just up the refresh and add physical immunity to an existing werewolf.

I personally hate physical immunity, though... unless it has a pretty large catch.

Like, physical immunity to magic, or physical immunity to bullets is acceptable.  Physical immunity to everything but inherited silver is more plot device territory.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2011, 10:40:53 PM »
I dunno about that. Loup-garou differ from ordinary werewolves significantly.

I'd think that a voluntary loup-garou would have a very high Discipline to reflect extremely good self-control. Demonic Co-Pilot and the Berserker stunt would also seem appropriate.

As for aspects, I'd add something to reflect the "always-angry killing machine" attitude that comes with loup-garou-hood. It might also be fun to make him an incredibly boring person in normal life, with aspects to reflect that.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »
that sounds good to me
i wounder what kind of demon possesses a loup garou though
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
Sorry, no idea.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
Spiritually vivisect the Loup-Garou and find out!!!  ;D

Joking aside it's probably a rage demon, since the Loup is a mindless engine of destruction.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2011, 11:44:07 PM »
The spirit of Luna Mania or maybe a spirits of rage who is just more potent in the full moon.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCsopions
« Reply #382 on: May 05, 2011, 02:06:49 AM »
hey i know this maybe an obvious question to some people but is necromancy only done through thaughmaturgy
thats what i think it would be anyway but just to be sure i wanted some other opinions
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Samael

« Reply #383 on: May 05, 2011, 02:10:52 AM »
1) Its spelled "thaumaturgy"

2) Kemmlerian Necromancy - look it up in the Sponsored Magic section of the Spellcraft chapter.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
1) Its spelled "thaumaturgy"

2) Kemmlerian Necromancy - look it up in the Sponsored Magic section of the Spellcraft chapter.

This.

Plus, I know that this thread has gotten WAAAAY off track, but we should probably take our non NPC posts somewhere else.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
well sorry if i didnt make it clear but if any body wants to make me a mindful loup garou thank you

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 05, 2011, 09:32:31 PM »
This is heavily based upon the Loup-Garou entry on page 94 of OW.

This guy doesn't have free will. I hope you don't have a problem with that.

Voluntary Loup-Garou (Snorkeling)

High Concept: Not-So Accursed Loup Garou
Other Aspects: Possessed By A Nasty Spirit, Double Life
Skills (Beast Form):
Superb: Fists, Discipline
Great: Athletics, Intimidation, Alertness
Good: Endurance, Conviction, Might
Fair: Presence, Survival, Investigation
Average: Empathy, Lore, Burglary
Stunts:
Berserk (Fists): May go berserk, attacking until death. While berserk, gets +1 to hit, +1 to damage, -1 to defence.
Chained Beast (Discipline): +2 to Discipline when defending against Demonic Co-Pilot.
Powers:
Echoes Of The Beast [-1]
Beast Change [-1]
Human Form [+1] affecting:
Demonic Co-Pilot [-1]
Claws [-1]
Hulking Size [-2]
Supernatural Strength [-4]
Supernatural Speed [-4]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]
The Catch (inherited silver) [+2]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (inherited silver, certain rituals) [+2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline jadecourtflunky

• Conversationalist
  • "You are cattle" "Moo" (blows head off)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 05, 2011, 11:16:08 PM »
1 more refresh and the loup-garou becomes an engine of destruction that can shift whenever it wants. Scary.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 06, 2011, 12:26:56 AM »
yeh well my friend says that if control when it forms then its just another werewolf not a loup-gaou
which i personally have to say is BS because the way you made it was much better
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:00:34 AM by zaczane »

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 06, 2011, 02:20:06 PM »
yeh well my frined says that if control when it forms then its just another werewolf not a loup-gaou
which i personally have to say is BS because the way you made it was much better

Not only that, you could compel the heck out of any PC or NPC who turns into a Loup Garou when he/she is changed.

You could make it more of a liability to change than a boon.

Like... the Loup Garou /should/ have to pay a few fate points to just not attack his team mates in the first few minutes of the change.

The loup garou /should/ have to pay a fate point (to resist a compel) in order to change back whenever he wants.

The flip side is that while a loup garou, he/she should be getting compels to pretty much kill and destroy everything around.  So if the PC is crafty and changed into a monster in the middle of a WCV hideout.... ::evil grin::