Author Topic: Please help me price this Catch  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Ophidimancer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me price this Catch
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 02:47:25 AM »
sounds like a houserule  :D

Maybe.  The specificity of a Catch was not locked down.  It's not stated that it always has to be material, after all.  Anyway, all in service of the story, right?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:49:37 AM by Ophidimancer »

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »
However, "living human flesh" is a pretty burdensome catch since even the mere presence of the catch is supposed to make a person uncomfortable (triggers compels).  So even if someone took a generous perspective of "other people's living flesh" you basically have a character that doesn't want to make direct physical contact with others.  Hello Mr. Monk.

This is for a Hulk-like character (cursed with a spirit of rage).  He tends to go away from civilization and attack other monsters.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline CableRouter

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 12:20:20 AM »
You could easily pull something like
Scion of an Vanquished Religion: Only affected by a dedicated weapon of a major existing religion i.e. Sword of the Cross, Researchable
That's a +1 Catch that will never be satisfied as long as you remain one of the good guys.

Hello, free point of refresh.

It would be like a player having the aspect "Likes to Sleep" and self-compelling for a fate point every time they wake up.

As a GM I invoke one of the core tenets of Hero System in any game I run:  "A disadvantage that isn't actually a disadvantage isn't worth any points."