Author Topic: Any sample adventures available?  (Read 2006 times)

Offline Entropy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Any sample adventures available?
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:40:34 PM »
I apologize if there's already a thread for this, but I did some searches and couldn't find anything...

I'm thinking about running a game, and was wondering if anyone has posted a complete (or relatively complete) one-shot adventure I could use.  No one in my gaming group has ever played FATE before, so I'd like to gauge how much my friends like the system before I put in the heavy lifting of creating my own city, campaign, etc.

Thanks much!

Offline Stormtower

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Any sample adventures available?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
I've quested for the same thing, but for all my internets I couldn't find one.  I did however stumble on over to the "play by post" board on this forum and am learning/getting ideas from that.  Closest thing I've found so far.

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
I believe the good folks over at http://www.thewalkingeye.com/ have stated that they are planning on doing a game and posting the first few sessions+review on their podcast.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 11:11:00 PM »
There may be more available after con season. I'm planning, time permitting, to put up some notes on mine.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:12:55 PM »
Try this list if you're looking for inspiration :)

Offline Entropy

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
Thank you all for the replies, I'll keep looking and see what I can find. 

SaintAndSinner, that's a good point about con season.  If anyone who has run or will be running a con game would be kind enough to share their notes, pregens, etc, I'd be most grateful and of course wouldn't redistribute the material.  If you're not comfortable posting for the general public (for fear of spoilers or what-have-you), you could always PM me with the info.

Thanks all!

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:06:30 AM »
Also, if you want some tips on building adventures, I'd recommend reading Jim Butcher's Live Journal, it has plenty of tips for writing stories, which can easily be used for building adventures.
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]