Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 108146 times)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2010, 12:26:14 PM »
And so you think that Harry ...? ;)

Honestly... I don't know.

I think that Harry has the capability of doing a lot of evil in the name of good... just like everyone else.  It is due to this that I agree with the general sentiment on these boards that Uriel is kind of Mr. Platitudes.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
  • sweet i love being a pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2010, 01:16:53 PM »
I like the irony of this statement made by someone who claims to be more moral and righteous than the average person.

Personally, I will admit that I am a law abiding, "good" citizen because I fear consequences.  Whether it be in this life or the one after, I don't want to answer for bad things I do.

I think a lot of people are just not self-aware or honest enough to admit it.  With absolute power, I would do terrible, terrible things.  Perhaps wonderful things too... the funny thing about this world is the way perspective shapes our views.

For instance, say I ascended to godhood.  If I were to annihilate all the Arabs in the Gaza strip, Israelis would think I was awesome.  If I did the same to the Israelis, the Arabs would think I was an angel.  The point I am making is that there is no possible way for anyone to appear "good" to everyone.  I mean heck, even those who believe in God and worship Him still bitch about him "taking" so and so due to cancer.

Get me?

way too touchy to touch and discuss in detail, but I will say you are taking lots of important things for fact when they are assumptions (my position for instance).

Now back on topic:  Uriel is kind of Mr. Platitudes.   From all the build up we've had about him, like the whole being the angel of death thing (the angel of death is the specific angel mentioned in the bible who does the taking of the 1st born in egypt, which uriel is supposed to have done in the DV) I was really hoping we'd get to see him squish something like a bug.  Or rain fire and sulpher or something.
Only a dumb SOB brings a knife to a gunfight

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
back on OOT:

there have allways been lots of theories as to why Margaret got such a free pass from the unseelie, and why Lea owes her such a major favor, amny of theminvolving complicated schemes as to lea is Harry's grandmother/ great gran , aunt's cousin..etc...most of which JB has blown out of the water at one time or the other.

(currently, there is some specualtion that Lea is Maclolm's mother, etc..)

but if Molly is Mab..none of that is needed.

she and Lea would have kept an eye on Maggie anyway, just as the mother of Harry and Thomas.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
Bump!

because it will be at least four years until the books come out that will prove/ disprove this bit of lunacy, and i refuse to let this die.

hmmmmm..would this explain why all of fairy is crazy for pizza and donuts?
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
Bump!

because it will be at least four years until the books come out that will prove/ disprove this bit of lunacy, and i refuse to let this die.

hmmmmm..would this explain why all of fairy is crazy for pizza and donuts?

I thought Molly was a health nut?

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
  • sweet i love being a pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2010, 04:53:09 PM »
I thought Molly was a health nut?

who doesn't practice what she preaches though (drinking a monster?  i think not)
Only a dumb SOB brings a knife to a gunfight

Offline Thaumologist

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2010, 06:17:38 PM »
Can you imagine though.. waiting 5000+ years for Harry Dresden. I mean, that's some serious hang ups.

That explains
(click to show/hide)
, cuz it was "FINALLY! what took you so long dresden?"
Although that works equally well for molly being titania, as mab now claims harry.

My own little addition - Molly is mentioned as having a nice pair of breasts. Makes more sense to be mab's opposite then.
I'm sorry, but somebody had to

Tharios

« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2010, 01:55:38 AM »

who doesn't practice what she preaches though (drinking a monster?  i think not)
Actually, a lot of health nuts mistakenly believe energy drinks are good for you.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2010, 04:01:34 AM »
Molly feeds Harry health food

she herself has munched donuts, diet pepsi (heathen), prefers McD's to burger king, and pizza.

If somone say Lea makes a snarky remark sometime how Mab can't cook ill call this myth plausible.

Offline Krymzin

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2010, 05:28:16 AM »
Molly feeds Harry health food

she herself has munched donuts, diet pepsi (heathen), prefers McD's to burger king, and pizza.

If somone say Lea makes a snarky remark sometime how Mab can't cook ill call this myth plausible.

Oh, Iunno. I bet Mab could make some awesome icecream.

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »

I hear all the boys in the yard like her milkshakes.

Offline Coalprin

• Conversationalist
  • μή μου τούς κύκλους τάραττε
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2010, 01:32:16 PM »

Any ideas as to what her Ben and Jerry's line would be called?

"Mab's Mad Mulberry"
"Queen of Whipped Cream(Air) and Dark(ness) Chocolate"
"We All Scream" (Just cause its Mab...)
"Slate's Folly" (Thinking a strawberry and vanilla swirl with far too much strawberry. And every time you take a bite you get hella bad brain freeze.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:43:12 PM by Coalprin »
"Certain blood has been shed for uncertain reasons.
You will never quiet this storm, A cold wind to chill your bones."

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
Any ideas as to what her Ben and Jerry's line would be called?

"Mab's Mad Mulberry"
"Queen of Whipped Cream(Air) and Dark(ness) Chocolate"
"We All Scream" (Just cause its Mab...)
"I'm your ice cream god,
stop me when I'm passin by,
say now all my flavors
are guaranteed to satisfy"
All her distributors would love the way she finalizes a contract.  "My sales rep! MINE!"
"All flavors and push-ups too"
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
"I'm your ice cream god,
stop me when I'm passin by,
say now all my flavors
are guaranteed to satisfy"
All her distributors would love the way she finalizes a contract.  "My sales rep! MINE!"
"All flavors and push-ups too"

David Lee Roth would get his manhood frozen off.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
David Lee Roth would get his manhood frozen off.
The problem with keeping my mind out of the gutter is that it's been there so long that the back of my head has worn this nice comfortable groove in the curb...
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom