Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1126962 times)

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1650 on: August 30, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
Without looking back through 111 pages, I can't say for sure, but has anyone suggested Emily Rose for Murphy?  She's playing an FBI agent on the new SyFy series, Haven.  And?  She's 5'4" tall.  Not eensy-weensy, but short!

We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 30, 2010, 04:17:28 PM »
Yes, and you would only need to go back 1 page.  :P

14 replies back, or 17 hours ago.

and I think it may have been mentioned before that too, but only since Haven aired.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:21:15 PM by Red Sea Duck »

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 30, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
One whole page?!  My god, I'm not superhuman! *runs away crying*

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 30, 2010, 04:24:38 PM »
But I think my vote so far would still go to Erica Cerra(30) choice as Susan
because I think she is more age appropriate, but I am still not 100% sold on her as Susan.

*eyebrow* Dude, you're not "sold" on the actress the author himself was visualizing?
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 30, 2010, 04:32:30 PM »
I am liking the suggestion though.

My choice is Kristen Bell.

The only thing about Emily Rose is she looks like Elisha Cuthbert, which makes me think why not just go with Cuthbert.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:45:32 PM by Red Sea Duck »

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 30, 2010, 04:41:15 PM »
*eyebrow* Dude, you're not "sold" on the actress the author himself was visualizing?

It may seem strange that I disagree with Jim's choices, but I think Alexis Denisof is too old now, though I would have agreed with him if he were at least 10 years younger. And I think Clancy Brown for Morgan is an ok choice, but I don't he is the best choice, and Clancy has really had much screen time in the last 10 years, he might be a bit rusty. And Erica Cerra isn't really a proven Silver Screen actress, and I haven't seen Percy Jackson yet, so i don't know how much screen time she even has in that.

He may have envisioned these actors, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are the best for the job.
The job should be given based off of performance and ability to do the job. In this case the job would be portraying the characters in a movie adaptation, and I don't think those choices are the best for the job, anymore.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:52:09 PM by Red Sea Duck »

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 30, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
I will say that there's a difference between someone who *looks* the part and someone who can *act* the part.  My character, Rachel, is based (sorta) off Sandra Bullock's look in Practical Magic, but she could never act the part.  I can buy Alexis Denisoff as looking like Harry, but I admit, I can't see him playing the role.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 30, 2010, 05:03:15 PM »
I can buy Alexis Denisoff as looking like Harry, but I admit, I can't see him playing the role.

Jim was asked about that, and skirting the issue of Denisof's age (after all, this IS "perfect" casting - in other words, take the perfect actor at the perfect age and give them all the acting lessons and/or plastic surgery they need to BE and LOOK the role completely :D ), he talked about the one bit that convinced him, where Denisof's character willingly killed the person he believed was his own father (in his FACE) because he truly believed it was the right thing to do. Jim said something very to the effect of "That was Harry. That was everything I had ever written about Harry."
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 30, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
Jim was asked about that, and skirting the issue of Denisof's age (after all, this IS "perfect" casting - in other words, take the perfect actor at the perfect age and give them all the acting lessons and/or plastic surgery they need to BE and LOOK the role completely :D ), he talked about the one bit that convinced him, where Denisof's character willingly killed the person he believed was his own father (in his FACE) because he truly believed it was the right thing to do. Jim said something very to the effect of "That was Harry. That was everything I had ever written about Harry."

Now if we are suspending realistic possibilities and going with any age, any time, any place, then sure I agree with Denisof.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:33 PM »

Which was an AWESOME scene.  Wesley's character arc is, IMO, easily the best in the entire Buffy/Angel pantheon.  Where he starts to where he ends up... Just lovely.

But I've never really seen Denisoff do quippy, snarky, witty-in-the-face-of-death kind of acting.  Some of what I've seen him do leads me to believe he'd overact it.

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1660 on: August 30, 2010, 05:43:02 PM »
When I think Susan, I think Monica Raymund

The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 30, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
who?

Offline Warden John Marcone

• Seriously?
  • Shooting first and Cracking wise
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #1662 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:38 PM »
Torres from Lie to Me.
The moribund equine has been more than sufficiently flagellated.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 30, 2010, 06:19:27 PM »
What is Lie to Me:P

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 30, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »
A TV show that must be watched.  The first season is stronger than most shows' third season.  I'm not a big fan of Kelli Williams' character, but I do really like Torres.  But I don't see her as Susan, either.  Susan starts off as this energetic, fiery, funny, lively woman.  Torres is too somber and ... mean.