Poll

Who should play Harry Dresden in a Movie?

Zachary Quinto
41 (5.9%)
Lee Pace
26 (3.8%)
Ryan Reynolds
51 (7.4%)
Hugh Jackman
91 (13.2%)
Clive Owen
46 (6.7%)
Paul Bettany
19 (2.8%)
Timothy Olyphant
75 (10.9%)
Nathan Fillion
220 (31.9%)
Joe Flanigan
37 (5.4%)
Chris Evans
7 (1%)
Gerard Butler
22 (3.2%)
Neil Flynn
8 (1.2%)
Jared Padalecki
47 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 681

Author Topic: Perfect Casting, part 2  (Read 1127062 times)

Offline WiccanEagle

• Conversationalist
  • Blessed Be
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect Casting, part 2
« Reply #1635 on: August 29, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »
I feel so freakin' OLD! I don't recognize most of the names referenced here!

HOWEVER, I started watching the new SYFY show "Haven" and it struck me. Does anybody else see a Harry-and-Murphy look-alike thing in Lucas Bryant and Emily Rose (the two leads). Not perfect, but very close....

Or is it just me......?
"I don't object to the concept of a diety, but I am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance." -- Big Bang Theory

Ye GODS! I love that quote!

Offline tiny[but]fierce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1636 on: August 30, 2010, 12:38:43 AM »
*bounces and waves* I SAW IT!!! (I posted a picture a while back, even, lol)
Murphy: "Maybe you know the monsters, Martin. But I know the guy who stops them."

Dresden: "Don't call me a dinosaur. It isn't fair to the dinosaurs. What did a dinosaur ever do to you?"

Dresden: "Hell's holy stars and freaking stones shit bells."

In Butcher We Trust.

Offline Quinn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24:01 AM »
So this. This is exactly how I picture Eb.

Sam Elliott
end of discussion on Eb :P

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 30, 2010, 02:43:37 AM »
Sam Elliott
end of discussion on Eb :P

No, you missed the end of the discussion quite a while back: Robert Duvall. Much as I absolutely LOVE Elliott's typical characterization and voice, he ain't Eb anywhere nearly as much as Duvall is.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Quinn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 30, 2010, 03:44:07 AM »
I so stand corrected. I saw that a few pages past where I was. Duvall is Eb. No question. Thanks Shecky

Offline Quinn

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 30, 2010, 03:56:34 AM »
It would be great if someone would post descriptions of all the characters in the books. My thoughts on the TV series is they didn't get actors that went with JB's descriptions which made watching it not as enjoyable. I like a lot of the choices so far, but many don't fit with JB's descriptions.. some of the Murphy and Luccio choices are tall, face and acting are good but the characters are... short.

Offline MAW

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »
I love the way these things tend to change as time passes, and how some people refuse to believe their favorite actors have aged beyond eligibility for some roles. 
That said, I'm placing an advance vote for Zachery Levi to play Harry in about 5-10 years.   ;D
"Also, I can kill you with my brain."  -- River Tam; Firefly.

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
« Reply #1642 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:23 AM »
That said, I'm placing an advance vote for Zachary Levi to play Harry in about 5-10 years.   ;D

THIS. xD

I'll vote Yvonne Strahovski for Murph, but she's too 'pretty', lol
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 30, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »
I so stand corrected. I saw that a few pages past where I was. Duvall is Eb. No question. Thanks Shecky

Ayup. Wish we could find a role for Elliott, though. Dude's awesome.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
  • Take two tablets and call me in the morning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 30, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »
Ayup. Wish we could find a role for Elliott, though. Dude's awesome.

ummm......I use to love Sam Elliot, but lately after his role in Golden Compass and Ghost Rider, well.....

I guess it wasn't really him, but the fact that those movies both dissappointed the heck out of me it kind of knocked Elliot down my list of favorites.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 30, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
I wasn't turned off by the movies; I enjoyed them both for what they were - weekend matinees that shouldn't be compared to the originals. And given what he had to work with, Elliott did a good job.

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: August 30, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »
Well to me Golden Compass was ok.

It was really Ghost Rider that utterly failed to me.
I use to be a fan of the comic books, and I actually thought Nic Cage was a good choice.

The reason I dislike it more is because of all the adaptations lately Ghost Rider should have been hardcore like the Punisher movies.

I understand that there is way more money in marketing to the PG (parental guidance) group than an R rated audience, but I feel like than ruined it for the real fan base.

And I didn't like Eva Mendes as the love interest.

And the last ride with Sam Elliot seemed really pointless, he claims to have been saving his energy for this one last ride, then he does nothing but ride with him. WTF, that's it, he saved energy to ride with him?

Anyhow, there are plenty of reviews on what made Ghost Rider a disappointing adaptation so I won't rant on about it.

I give it that it was probably a fun movie for those who weren't fans of the comic.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 30, 2010, 02:32:28 PM »
One thing to keep in mind is the source of the word "fan": fanatic. ;D

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:41 PM »
Well, if we can talk about actors who may have matured beyond consideration, I want to bring up James Garner, imo the best of the best. He does funny, intelligent characters. I believe he's been on TV recently, but could he do Eb or one of the other older wizards??
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline MoSeS

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 30, 2010, 03:13:08 PM »
Despite the fact that she is not at all hispanic or latino I still like Kate Beckinsale(37) as Susan.

I also kind of like Roselyn Sánchez(37) as Susan but I feel like she isn't quite what I picture.

But I think my vote so far would still go to Erica Cerra(30) choice as Susan
because I think she is more age appropriate, but I am still not 100% sold on her as Susan.